DX12 Doesn't Work In 10.2

Husband has this card and having the same issue as the rest of you.

Anyankah’s fix helped him log in

well running in dx 11 fixes it… just sucks since DX 12 gave better performance on AMD cards…#Blizzardfixdx12forAMD

1 Like

Can confirm the fix posted from Anyankah works.

1 Like

I am having the same problem it just goes to a black screen and never loads. Nice job testing the patch blizz.

1 Like

Any fixes aside from forcing DX11?

1 Like

I’m getting the same issue as well. Even wrath classic is doing that too… though I’m not sure how to force DX11. (Or even what that is) I’m using AMD Rx 6700 graphics card.

This is the current solution.

1 Like

Go into the Settings on your Bnet App.

6 Likes

This is happening to me too, exactly as described above. The game launches to a black screen and hangs, unresponsive. My card is an AMD RX6800XT running the latest drivers (23.11.1, released Oct. 25).

Tried multiple repairs with no effect. Added -d3d11 to the options and it launched immediately.

1 Like

Same issue here 6800XT, forcing to DX11 fixed the issue.

Blizz get it fixed.

1 Like

Same and -d3d11 works, but should we expect dx11 to be choppier or perform different temporarily? And were our games running DirectX 11 or 12 before today?

Same here. rx6600. Forced to go dx11. Works but not as smooth as before.

1 Like

I had this issue earlier in the day after BNET downloaded the latest update and tried to load the game to see if the servers were up. I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to get it to open. Maybe try that overnight.

6800 XT here, on newest 23.11.1 driver.
Same problem, -d3d11 like recommended fixed it, but performance is worse.
Worked fine yesterday.

3 Likes

Same issue
AMD 7900XT
Same response to -d3d11

1 Like

RX6800 same issue. I turned off “Low Latency Mode” in game graphics options and it seems to be smother (using dx12)

So you got the client to load using DX12?
Also, my game says Low Latency Mode requires Nvidia card, so its always disabled.

Yes, been playing fine now for the last 30-45 minutes with dx12 client loaded. My config on Low Latency Mode was set to Built-In (now disabled)

having the same issue with a 7900 xtx

1 Like

lol

So they knew it was an issue on PTR and released it anyway

Typical half-ad approach by Blizzard development team

2 Likes