Dungons no longer available after lvl 50

Greetings,

I love doing dungeons and I am running them a lot while leveling my low level characters. I selected to timewalk in Cataclysm, since it gives me all the vanilla dungeons, and the Cataclysm ones once we reach lvl 30.

But the moment I reached lvl 50, almost all dungeons disappeared from my LFG selection. I can only run the very VERY early ones : Stockades, Deadmines, Blackfathom Deeps, Ragefire Chasm and Wailing Cavern.

I lost access to all higher dungeons, including every single Cataclysm dungeon. So it is NOT because I am overleveled, it is the opposite. It looks like the game suddenly considers me a lvl 10 character.

I talked to Chromie to change the timewalk expansion, and the same situation applies to every ones. Even by returning to the present time, I cant access anything else than the early Vanilla dungeons.

And I tried with my other lvl 50-59 characters (I am suffering from a serious case of Altoholism) and it is the same for each of them. When you reach lvl 50, you lose access to every middle and late dungeons.

What is that bug? Where should I report that?

2 Likes

Unless another user here has a resolution or can get to the bottom of this, Bug Report is where your bug report would go.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Really, my lack of coffee in the morning is astonishing : I searched for a bug forum and never saw it… my brain is certainly lost in the maelstrom…

Thank you, and sorry.

7 Likes

No need to apologize!

Discussion around Chromie Time and confusion about leveling, dungeons or bugs is a fairly common topic. I’m afraid I have very little experience with leveling via CT, but others here are experts on the topic. No doubt someone else will probably provide the explanation for what you’re experiencing.

I’ve read the CT articles in relation to Dragonflight and, for example the Wowhead guide at https://www.wowhead.com/guide/leveling/dragonflight simply says that CT works from levels 10-60. I could only assume that this means you will have access to the dungeons available in the CT timeline you choose, at any level from 10-60.

Or, should, anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ve done a lot of leveling in Chromie Time and I definitely don’t understand it entirely, but I have mostly leveled in Wrath and I’m pretty sure I had access to Wrath dungeons all the way up to 60. In a bit I will go see what my various alts can see - I think I’ve got several above 50.

1 Like

Yes you have access to them, but not all of them. In the case of WotLK dungeons, once you reach 50, you can only access The Nexus and Utgarde Keep.

2 Likes

Okay, level 53 & 54, I see the same on both, don’t have a fresh 50 to try. With CT set to MoP, has random MoP dungeon or can specifically choose Temple of the Jade Serpent. If I return to present time, I get random BfA or list of specific BfA ones. If I choose Cataclysm, I get random Classic dungeons and a list of specific Classic ones up to Mara and SM. Random Cataclysm Heroic is there but greyed out. Not sure if that is my gear or what (this toon has terrible gear). If I choose Shadowlands I get random SL or a specific list of SL ones.

It does seem weird that choosing Cataclysm doesn’t immediately give you Cata dungeons, but it also doesn’t give you access to the zones that were new in Cata, like Deepholm. This is the kind of thing I mean when I say I don’t fully understand Chromie Time.

1 Like

If you hover over the greyed out dungeon listings it should tell you the required criteria for it, so itl either say you need a higher item level or a higher player level to access it.

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem to do that in CT. I’m now on a 48 with CT set to Wrath and the random Wrath heroics option is greyed out. All it says is “you do not meet the requirements for any dungeons in this category.” In the specific dungeon lists, it just doesn’t list the ones you don’t qualify for, they’re not greyed out.

hmm thats annoying, if you click on specific dungeons does it show greyed out dungeons at all?

Usually they just aren’t there at all. On my 54 with CT on Legion, ALL of them are greyed out, even though random Legion dungeon was an option, and even though they are grey, I can select and queue for them. But for Wrath he only has two dungeons in the specific list as Thorenor said. This 48 and a 45 have all of them, even the ones that I think were originally heroic only, like Halls of Reflection and ToC. I don’t understand why it’s like this, but I haven’t spent a lot of time thinking about it either, before today - I just find something I want to do that’s available to my level and go.

1 Like

Oh but now I’m on a 27 in CT Wrath and for her, it does say that I need a higher level to do Wrath heroics, while 54 just “does not meet the requirements.”

Okay, I just switched my 48 to Cataclysm in CT and did one dungeon and dinged 50. She still has about the same list of dungeons as before - 7 Cata ones and all the Classic ones I can think of, up to LBRS and Strat.

OP, maybe a UI reset would help you?

2 Likes

Is this for your Troll Hunter, Thorenor? That is the most recently logged in on characters below 60, but wanted to be sure.

From what I can see in checking the character they do seem to be able to queue up manually for a bunch of Classic and Cataclysm dungeons, though the random option for both is giving me group level warning, but I’m still able to hit the “find group” option.

That does seem like a bug, but if you aren’t seeing the same dungeons as the list below, you might try resetting your User Interface to see if that changes anything.

If you can still hit find group, see what dungeons it is giving you. I’d recommend submitting a bug report through the in-game interface so our QA team is aware.

8 Likes

I also love using CT to run classic dungeons. Or at least I would if my rotation would give me anything other than Dire Maul.

1 Like

Do you have to find the dungeon entrance on the specific character before it shows up. I know that used to be a thing a few expansions ago.

No, that’s no longer a thing.

I have the same issue, character lvl 59 time walking in wotlk only see nexus and urgarde keep in dungeon finder. and resetting the UI doesnt work

But if you’re playing Cata CT then maybe it is.

It isn’t. They dropped the Cata requirements during Cata.