Dungeon Gatekeeping isn't a thing

If you are complaining because higher geared people aren’t letting you go to their dungeons that is their right. Start your own group. Gatekeeping would be a thing if people could completely stop you from doing dungeons. They can not. They can only stop you from being in THEIR dungeon which is 100% their right.

If you don’t take the game at least as seriously as I do then why would I want to play the game with you? People with high end gear have this same right. Everyone wants to play with like minded players.

Make your own groups of people in similar gear as you and play with those people. If you are whining about gatekeeping you are simply whining because no one will carry you through dungeons. Plain and simple.

22 Likes

It’s their right sure but I think people bring this up as a case for implementing RDF. There’s gotta be options for people to access dungeons outside of elitist minmaxxing groups

11 Likes

Your thread title is that gatekeeping isn’t a thing, you then proceed to start your thread by talking about how people are not letting people in because they aren’t geared well enough… Can you be any denser?

45 Likes

My dude that’s literally what gatekeeping is…whether it’s their right or not it’s still gatekeeping

30 Likes

This is one of the most blindly hypocritical threads I’ve probably ever seen lol

20 Likes

Is it really ‘gatekeeping’ to not want to carry people? It’s not like I’m stopping them from queueing lol

1 Like

yeah there is. Its called stop being lazy and make your own group or wait for others that arent elitist.

3 Likes

Ah, it’s you! The person who won’t answer if they played a Death Knight prior to yesterday in our topic of authenticity.

Last night I did a few dungeons, I invited nearly anyone that would respond and the dungeon was cleared in short order because they’re comically easy in Wrath… you can be half way AFK in real life and clear this content without any kind of a challenge or worry of a wipe.

Only BAD players will be asking for X,Y,Z gear, spec, etc; because they’re trying to be carried with out doing anything.

7 Likes

i can say the same thing in different words, start making your own groups while other randoms who lack best in slot items use the random dungeon finder.

4 Likes

I havent lol I rerolled a fresh warlock on Angerforge and am currently lvl 61.

I won’t continue this topic, but I’m sure I can safely assume that you’ve used the PvP tab to queue.

2 Likes

I’m against that too for the record.

You levelled a bit with Joyous Journeys though?

1 Like

I do this, and I still want RDF. Problem?

11 Likes

Back in the day when I encountered this I just made my own casual guild where we took anyone who met the minimum requirements for the instance. Is that not a thing in Classic? Just curious because there is a relatively simple solution to not being wanted: Make a group that will want you.

Just curious. I’m not playing Classic Wrath yet but I was surprised to see so many complaints about dungeon gate-keeping. It was always like that and the solution is obvious.

The option is make your own group. It’s literally easier to do this than to find a group, not sure what the problem even is lol.

Joyous journeys doesn’t remove open world aspects of the game. RDF does.

We were talking about authenticity, where you said to have RDF implemented with ICC because that’s how it was before. Joyous Journeys didn’t exist before. So, realistically, your entire argument on authenticity is completely invalid now. Thanks for trying though!

4 Likes

There are plenty of casual groups happening at all hours of the day, wow forum troggs are just grunting in the dark about no RDF.

1 Like