Dungeon finder will give 1% of max xp upon completion

Anything and everything is subject to change on the PTR. I imagine this is a small oversight. Also, they didn’t state when JJ is ending, so if we do end up getting a forever JJ like some people are guessing, then the exp boost from that will more than make up for the lost bonus exp.

Legit just happy for the tool to be in the game. Things on the PTR aren’t always written in stone and usually have more focus on making sure the systems work in general.

1 Like

Should just be whatever it was in Wrath.

It is
/10char

1 Like

Stop whining about a literal nothing burger

Good. You shouldn’t get as much for taking the easy route.

Lmao, this assumes posting in LFG carries any real difficulty.

2 Likes

That’s a silly response, of course.

All I’m interested in is how it was during Wrath. If it was like this, great. If it wasn’t…they need to stop messing with the expansion.

1 Like

Its crazy how divided folks are on this. Cata plz save us.

1 Like

I checked 3.3.5 and from level 70-79 in original Warth: RDF gives 33k for FIRST DUNGEON OF THE DAY and then 16.5k for every dungeon after.

So contrary to what the OP says - PTR is accurate to 3.3.5 at the moment except it doesn’t have the first dungeon of the day bonus quest which will be in later.

2 Likes

Yeah we figured that out, now its just turned into a “It should be higher” when we haven’t even gotten to try it yet. Thank you though.

Altho, I do want to check, there’s an old blue post detailing certain aspects of the tool, notably, that queuing randomly will slightly prefer dungeons you haven’t done as often that day (presumably, so that if you’re aiming for a specific “random” dungeon, you’ll eventually get it). Does Classic’s version of RDF have all the specific quirks of the 3.3.5 system?

Save us? Didn’t you hear that in Cata2 Deathwing wins? The pre-patch is actually going to be an end of xpac event and then poof classic is gone. He’ll fly around zone by zone flinging his fireballs and eventually we’ll run out of zones. We were not prepared.

1 Like

It’s not an oversight. It’s the correct value.

1 Like

If they’ve nerfed the xp gains this much, RDF won’t matter other than you can do the dungeon once for the dungeon quests.

Does anyone know for sure if that’s how it’s going live?

1 Like

They’re not nerfed, they’re accurate to original Wrath. Its just missing the bonus for 1st completion per day. Don’t forget that killing stuff also gives a decent amount of xp.

This bonus was massive…I think it was like a quarter of a level but it’s been years.

1 Like

its quite literally, only 2x the xp granted for additional runs.

so 33k on completion instead of 16.5k.

I’ll take what I can get at this point…

We’ve already posted evidence showing that the bonus xp is correct for WotLK. You’re likely remembering from a later time when solely leveling through RDF to max became a thing.

For example, Cata reduced the xp requirements from 70 to 80 twice during the expansion (20% at launch and 33% with DS). In current Wrath it takes 15,965,200 xp to get from 70 to 80. In Cata it takes just 8,515,000 xp to do the same. That’s quite the reduction.