Dungeon and ELITE damages - do it right for god sake

It’s a level 60 in Cloth armor VS a level 30 Warrior in Mail armor. The Defense skill is irrelevant because you can compare the base hits and ignore the Crushing blows.

YouTube was not the creator of the video.

In a contest of what is more reliable between your memory from 15 years ago and a current reference build that Blizzard has running, the reference client isn’t capable of being wrong about how 1.12 was.

Hell, I’d even take archived forum posts about it from 2004-2006. Like I said before: A nerf this drastic would not have gone unnoticed. People would have documented it.

1 Like

Your argument is that they should trust in your memory more than the 1.12 data that they possess? :thinking:

Look, you can continue to kick and scream all you want. If you think something is wrong, by all means bring it to their attention. But they have the means by which to verify the authenticity. And they have.

4 Likes

The problem is you don’t have access to the information Blizzard does. They have hard data. You have memories.

2 Likes

A youtube video screenshot is more reliable that anyone’s memory tbh. The more time passes, the muddier your memory get, that’s why eyewitness aren’t a reliable source of evidence in a criminal investigation.

It’d be nice if Blizzard could clear this up. Was the damage significantly nerfed between release and 1.12 or not?

1 Like

You could probably fill a football stadium with people who think the Earth is flat. What does that prove?

Anyway, I have more important things to do in 10 minutes than continue with this. :wave:

4 Likes

You can have 1,000,000 people feeling that they’re right and a single shred of evidence renders all those feelings inconsequential

4 Likes

No, it’s not that you were bad players, it’s that you ARE bad players. The game was always this way.

I played a 40 twink Druid back in the day and I could solo BFD easily. You guys are just… bad…

TL DR: OP making a post to go against what the Blue posts say for upvotes.

1 Like

what the hell are you talking about? Asmongold is 25 and the Warrior is 24, both of which are using a sword/shield and in defensive stance, both of which outlevel the dungeon. did you even watch the video? this post proves you didn’t.

1 Like

Defense skill can only reduce the chance for a non-shield class to take crushing blows. Defense skill does not lower the damage per hit in any other way unless you are a shield class.
Armor of a clothy at max level is remarkably small, even when compared to a heavy armor class at a much lower level.

If you’re comparing damage, you do not compare someone taking a crushing blow to someone not taking a crushing blow. You compare either both with crushing blows or both without.
When doing this, the amount of damage is similar. Even in the stuff blizz recreated from asmongold’s deadmine’s run, they recreated it almost exactly and got the same numbers he got.

If you want to claim numbers are off, you’re going to have to provide proof because so far there is a large amount of proof saying you are wrong.

1 Like

I’m almost positive we’re being hard trolled right now.

3 Likes

It’s not in the patch notes, and Blizzard doesn’t have a log of every change ever made regardless of if it made patch notes or not(part of their stated reason for using the modern client and working backwards).

The thing is that the kind of nerf that would be needed to do this would be so drastic and widespread it couldn’t possibly have slipped by unnoticed.

Even if it weren’t in the patch notes, there would be some kind of a record of virtually every dungeon mob losing 50-70% of their damage output. Forum posts, theorycrafting guides, wikis that log undocumented changes. Anything.

but people saying the numbers are wrong can’t produce anything. They just keep insisting their 15 year old memory knows better.

1 Like

it seems like it, considering his next post was, “LUL BFA PLAYERS”.

1 Like