Dungeon and ELITE damages - do it right for god sake

Give me a link of videos side by side comparison… I want to know exactly what proof you have.

If you don’t have any yet, well, so far from what i’ve seen it seems they have it right.

We will get a LOT more data when they extend the BETA level to 60… there are tons more video evidence online to look at.

3 Likes

What was your group makeup?
What was your exact gear?
Did you keybind, did your entire group?
What was your latency?

If you can’t remember these things, then you can’t accurately compare it to the people running Gnomer, 4 levels lower now, can you?

1 Like

we need to take armor in consideration + defence raiting

1 Like

Defense rating doesn’t lower the standard hits of mobs.

4 Likes

Hey I’m not calling you a liar or anything. There is even the possibility Blizzard is intentionally making the mobs weaker and lying because they want classic to be popular but don’t believe a hard game will draw people in.

I’m not going to say that though because in spite of me not trusting Blizz to keep their word on something, I don’t think that they’d lie on something like numbers. I think it’s either numbers are messed up, or they aren’t. I mean, you could be wrong, but I’m not saying you are.

2 Likes

The only thing in the patch notes listed is in the Cataclysm pre-patch when the dungeon’s level got adjusted.

Though the increasing power grade of characters in TBC and WotLK probably made them feel heavily nerfed prior to that. Especially in WotLK once we got our hands on heirlooms.

I remember running through on a private server and being surprised by how easy it was there too, compared to what I remember from Vanilla.

1 Like

Like I said in another post… the leveling aspect of Classic is the exact same thing we remember from Vanilla.

Why are dungeons so much different but leveling looks the same?

2 Likes

defence raiting will stop crushing blow from happening.
i think if a mob is 1 level higher than you then it had 5% chance crushing blow and that was 150% or 200% dmg.
if mob is 3 higher level then 15% crushing blow.
And for armor will lower the damage % you will take
correct me if im wrong

Idk, I pugged Gnomer all the time… successfully and unsuccessfully in vanilla.

Dungeons were my main way of leveling up back then xD I hated questing at the time.

What I remember is the Bombs the dwarves dropped were a big hazard for newb groups… some people just couldn’t handle it.

2 Likes

The patrols were tricky, aggro radius was brutal, huge mob groups, etc.

Was it nerfed prior to 1.12?

2 Likes

they aren’t. you just had 4 more people to screw everything up.

Then give us proof rather than shouting about how right you are.

Blizzard is running a legit Vanilla reference client/server that says the numbers are authentic.

2 Likes

Explain the video evidence I linked, please. The numbers on the beta are 1.12 correct. If they’re not 1.1-1.11 correct, it makes absolutely no difference because 1.12 is the goal.

Classic matches the book published during TBC perfectly.
A little easier than authentic Vanilla, but close enough for casual enjoyment.

1 Like

Most of those days don’t matter. It’s just the 1.12 state that does. And Blizz has that state as a reference, so…

3 Likes

i posted a video absolutely debunking your “memories”, but you immediately said it “wasn’t accurate” because the post didn’t compare Argul, which, if anyone watched for about 30 seconds, they’d notice the damage is identical… just like the rest of the dungeon.

3 Likes