Dungeon and ELITE damages - do it right for god sake

Hey guys.

I was a tank back then in 2005-2008. I did all the instances countless times and one thing I can assure you, the dmg these mobs are doing are not even close to what they used to do.

I call here every VANILA tank to tell if I am wrong.

In Wailling Caverns the Everling used to do 30% dmg to my health bar every hit. The healer needed to sometimes spam heals, use a hunter pet as off tank, or a shaman off healing the tank. That in WAILING CAVERNS.

Today, may 22nd I watched Asmongold and Esfand do Gnomeregan at level 30 using WW axe as “tanking” weapon. Some things in consideration:

1 - the agro range is ridiculous, before the final boss, even at lvl 33 if you stood near the ledge you would agro the guys down the hallway.
2 - The mines those dwarfs deployed used to one shot cloth.
3 - Pulling 2 groups of gnomes were certain wipe, doesnt matter ur skill. Unless you outlvl Gnomeregan by about 6-9 lvls.

the guys did the instance with a warrior 2 hand tanking, 2 ret paladins, used 0 CCs, and facerolled the instance.

No ofense. But this is not even a SHADOW of what vanila used to be.

Do it right, for God sake. Dont pretend to release something called Classic Wow, but handicaped just for your actual audience think they are “great” players. Some of your old players (long gone from wow btw) have a good memory.

If Hakkar, or raid bosses deal less than a Date of dmg to tanks (non crits, obviously), 1900 - 2010, you guys are doing a poor (very poor) job.

57 Likes

I agree that something is wrong here… but people keep saying “it was always this easy” or “we were all bad players back then.” That’s BS.

42 Likes

seriously, stop making topics like this.

the damage is accurate.

here, have a reddit post showing the math:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/bq5rxj/can_someone_explain_this_discrepancy_in_mob/eo29ftv/

seriously, vanilla isn’t as hard as we remember it being when we were 13 and 14. if you’re playing vanilla for the difficulty, you’re going to be extremely disappointed.

44 Likes

I was 27 and was a veteran of multiple MMOs before WoW. A lot of us knew what we were doing.

29 Likes

NO, it isnt.

The damage is NOT even close to what used to be.

17 Likes

The problem is you leveled earlier in the vanilla time line. Its possible eventually 1.12 was as it is. I dont like it either. And its sad.

But blizzard was clear thar they didnt want the overall experience, but 1.12.

13 Likes

Blizzard has already done some tests on this. So far, the numbers are accurate compared to a proper 1.12 reference client.

13 Likes

yes it is. i could go through old videos and current streams and point out the damage is perfectly accurate, other then accounting for differences in levels/gear, and ya’ll would still say that the “damage isn’t accurate” despite having videos from the original game and videos from the current beta showing the damage is correct.

did you even look at the reddit post i linked? it shows the damage is basically identical. you guys are going to scream and deny it until you’re blue in the face and demand Blizzard increase the values, despite being part of the “#nO cHaNgeS” mafia… at least until the game doesn’t match your 15 year-old memories.

24 Likes

And they even demonstrated that the damage was the same based on Classic and their internal 1.12 client.

11 Likes

Given how much some people have a hate on for 1.12 I feel like it’s only a matter of time before they start claiming things like Blizzard ninja nerfed armour in Vanilla and that’s why mobs in 1.12 do less damage than people remember.

10 Likes

All you need is proof… I’m down with you mentioning your concerns… Scour the internet for some footage!

It’s really silly seeing some people on here getting all defensive. If this guy has concerns about authenticity, lets try to investigate. We all want authenticity.

One thing that might be happening is that dungeons got nerfed bfore patch 1.12… or player characters have got buffed since the early patches as well…

I am pretty certain the former happened, and the later Definitely happened.

I have been saying this about patch 1.12 being the base for MONTHS… and no one seemed to care.

13 Likes

You just KEEP ignoring the evidence. If you want Blizzard to tune things to be harder than they were in Vanilla, just say so.

Here’s a video I found of a level 60 Warlock with broken legs taking hits from mobs in SM GY:

He’s getting hit by the non-elite ghosts for 36 or so damage a hit. The elite zombie seems to hit him for 64 at one point in the video.

Here’s Towelliee on his 30 Warrior, getting hit by the ghosts for 36-41 and the elite zombies hitting him for 60+. I see a crush or crit in the 130 range as well:

5 Likes

Watch the video of the post you made, from Reddit.

Watch closely. Watch when the last boss deal 240 dmg to the tank. Not 60.

The mobs from the start are green to the tank, and that makes a HUGE difference.

Asmongold was 30, while the boss was 33. And I can tell you, the damage is a joke

11 Likes

Gnomeregan was never an easy instance, I specifically remember back in Vanilla how difficult it was for groups at level to complete it, nevermind 3-4 levels below having no problem with it like on the Beta.

9 Likes

is it possible 1.12 saw adjustments to mob damage?

4 Likes

It’s alright. More folks driven off, fewer players, more nodes for me. Profits, profits, profits.

1 Like

That’s the only thing that makes sense if the numbers “are” accurate. Perhaps our memories are from 1.5 or so when the dungeons could be quite difficult.

1 Like

plz, dont offend my inteligence.

The Warlock is 60. And in WOW with Defense skill that makes a HUGE diference.

7 Likes

You are thinking about “crushing blow” correct?

are you serious? the post doesn’t mention anything about the last boss. it’s specifically pointing out the elite mob damage and the bosses before that, both of which are completely accurate. Wolf Master Nandos is hitting Asmongold and the random Warrior for about the same damage, with the Tauren taking less because he’s specced into Protection and has MotW/Stoneskin. Asmongold got crit for around 200 and the Tauren for about 150.

if you looked at both videos, you’d see both Asmongold and the Warrior get hit for 260-something for Shadowbolts.

stop moving the goal posts because video evidence shows you’re wrong. vanilla isn’t as difficult as you remember and that’s fine. play vanilla for the community and people, not for “brutal, crushing difficulty”. there was a reason WoW was originally seen as a “noob game” when it first came out.

10 Likes