Dungeon and ELITE damages - do it right for god sake

I’m not going to trust my memory from 14 years ago. But…the devs have a 1.12 client. Unless you’re saying their client is somehow wrong?

8 Likes

What do you think Defense does?

Dungeons got nerfed here and there but there is nothing in any record we have to suggest a widescale nerf of dungeon mob damage across the board like what people are claiming is the case in Classic.

We’d have noticed back in Vanilla if they nerfed it that hard, even if they didn’t include it in the patch notes.

Blizzard tested the white damage of a standard mob from Deadmines and found no difference in damage output between Classic and their 1.12 reference client.

The damage of the mob didn’t change in Vanilla, and the formula for DR gained via armour didn’t change either. They could have run that test on a 1.1 client and gotten the same result.

Then provide some evidence of that which can’t be debunked.

3 Likes

I want to remember things I did 15 year ago as much as you guys can remember elite dmg back in vanilla.

20 Likes

Also remember that a lot of your memories from leveling in Classic were probably pre-patch 1.12.

Leveling might have been harder if you did so early in Vanilla.

2 Likes

I don’t remember when the Gnomer dwarf bombs were nerfed… but at some point they were nerfed HARD…

That hallway used to be the group breaker, whether your party was capable of clicking/killing the bombs… or not.

When do we know specifically when those bombs were nerfed?

1 Like

Are you? Why do you think it’s relevant in the regular hits the Warlock and Warrior are taking?

Are you serious?

1 Like

Most of the debaters argue that their proof is their memory. Memory is altered every time that you remember it. Please provide unaltered digital proof for the rest of us to understand where you are coming from. Memory is not a valid source. Just look at cases such as the mandela effect.

8 Likes

I wish I had played vanilla to be able to weigh in on these threads. I’m curious if people are genuinely mis-remembering things or if this might be a case of the devs having a client that was never meant to be used for the update or some other inaccurate data.

When I went to load up some software I was programming a while back, I loaded up the wrong version and a lot of the data was skewed in spite of both versions being very similar. I didn’t even realize it until I saw a few things missing that I was familiar with. If it was someone else loading it up, they would have had no clue it was the wrong version and the numbers would’ve been skewed.

Realistically though I think they have it right so far. I think that people are just mis-remembering.

4 Likes

Who are you to say they are not. It has been 13 years since you tanked in 1.12. Are you completely sure you are remembering your dmg per patch correctly? I am inclined to go with Blizzard and their post showing the dmg they recreated next to the original data they had.

1 Like

This did actually happen at the Blizzcon Demo xD

1 Like

In the off chance we get to do Kazzak pre launch, here are some 2005 reference videos. Happy hunting!

2 Likes

That, or they’re trolling in the hopes that with enough outrage Blizzard will buff the mobs.

Oh god I didn’t know that. Yeesh! Makes me wonder if they even really do have the actual client or if the version they have is something that never seen the light of day! Really strange to think about!

1 Like

I’m not mis-remembering how challenging Gnomer used to be at level and here we have a Beta group 3-4 levels below steamrolling through it with no CC.

Unless it was nerfed hard from 1.5 to 1.12.

4 Likes