Dumpster Fire:

And even the levels you’ve gained since WoD don’t matter since the world scales with you, including ilevel. What rubbish.

antithetical to character growth in MMOs in my experience.

2 Likes

That makes gear not feel any different or any more powerful to me; I can only confirm it by looking at my “numbers.”

Who doesn’t love to return to an area that gave you trouble while leveling and beat the ever lovin’ stuffin’ out of it?

Scaling should be a toggled option.

2 Likes

I’ll have you know, dumpster fires can be fun.

Only if you’re cold and drunk.

And have a steep hill.

So, another player who is surprised he has to work to upgrade his character? Yes, you have to do quests and grind to level up. That’s how life works. You work at something and it gets better.

[Laughs in FF14]

3 Likes

I am absolutely sick of world quests. Blizzard has been on a WQ bender and has spewed WQ Goldschlager all over the pavement. Shiny, shallow, sticky gold over a thin veneer of filth.

And if I could take back every nasty thing I said about the Legion artifacts I would, just so I could have a power with interesting traits that wasn’t a complete and total time and gold sink to maintain. Please Kingslayers, come back and bring my bag space with you.

Don’t get me started on the essences, I can’t even be bothered to try. I’m so sick of AP.

I remember back when you could reach max level in an expansion and then be done leveling.

All AP is is constructing additional levels endlessly so paragon fanatics don’t feel their numbers are going to waste when they hit max level.

3 Likes

Here’s the thing. I love upgrading my character. I don’t love my upgrades being time-locked, multiple grinds being added because they added another grind on top of my grind.

Remember when you tried to get gear? Yeah. When you got that new piece, you knew it was an upgrade? Now? If you don’t get the right RNG on the upgraded piece of gear, it’s worthless. If you get the right RNG on a lower piece of gear, it becomes an upgrade and hurts your invite chances to groups. So… 10/10.

1 Like

Neat opinion you have there. FF14 is terrible.

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

Yikes :rofl:

3 Likes

Pity you haven’t been able to do that since the end of WoD.

In fact, your character is the same one you had at 100 and hasn’t gained a thing except levels, which have been nullified by content-and-ilevel-to-player scaling.

All your power since then has been rental. As with Legion’s artifact, your necklace and cloak will also be gone after BfA and you will have your level 100 toon back. Oh wait… it will be squished to 50. Enjoy.

2 Likes

This is correct.

That is why BFA is sad in that it can’t even copy pasta correctly. WoD failed by doing original things while BFA failed by copying the netherlight crucible.

2 Likes

The insane thing is we wouldn’t even mind the extra grinds if we could do them in the content we enjoy doing.

Instead we have to do what the devs want us to do which are world quests. It’s stupid.

Maybe they need more dynamic way to go by it and i dont know somehow use the world quest system but add them to all parts of the game i think that would be the perfect solution.Mythic+,pvp and raiding should all have something like world quests but in that area of course.

That would be rep tabards which existed once upon a time.

Then mudwhimping started and we were told that we won’t be getting rep tabards anymore.

1 Like

Say what? Here i thought i would start giving M0’s a try for the first time this xpac. Really? +6 key difficulty?

Yep, they drop 430 gear now.