Dual Spec solves Tank shortage

Agreed.

Tanking and healing are roles of responsibility…and not everyone wants to deal with that in a game…and more to the point, in a Pug.

The only thing that I have ever seen bring more tanks into Pug groups is a boost in AE threat control across the tank classes. That happened in Wrath in the pre Cata patch…tanks had very powerful AE abilities…and the Q for groups dropped alot.

If Swipe and Thunderclap were boosted as threat tools to readily deal with healer threat…then a group could start single DPS and finish the pull with AE DPS, without the healer getting slapped around.

It would still require coordination and communication, would still require a bit of Tabbing, still require CC on bad pulls, and still require marking…but tanking on a Bear or Warrior in a Heroic Pug makes tanks reach for the Ibuprofen bottle :frowning:

1 Like

Just going to leave this here.

O sorry… Only changes you want…

Literally all your doing is arguing for a change because… They have already made changes… That’s a bad argument…

Come with something else…

Dual spec wont do anything to stop the tank shortage… Look at retail. All specs all the time… Still a tank shortage…

2 Likes

Did you even read the thread you were responding to?

don’t need duel spec… if you want more tanks… then create a tank you lazy …!!!

2 Likes

Please tell me how many likes this post has received:

Also this one:

And how about this one:

I mean I’ll sit in here all expansion laughing at people as they whine about wanting dual spec in an expansion where it doesn’t belong, currently isn’t, and very likely won’t.

I could see same faction BGs coming. I could see the SoM for pallies coming. I could see drums coming.

Dual spec, not even a chance.

1 Like

All the people saying duel spec will bring in more tanks, because they don’t want to pay the respec fee, don’t make a valid argument.
You can pug ONE instance and they will pay you more than the cost of respec, so it’s a moot point. Because people that aren’t tanking don’t want to tank.
You may have a few, but personally I think that most people will be dual speccing in PVE and PVP if anything

Yeah, all those druids whining about having powershifting removed didn’t get what they wanted…

…right?

This 1000%. Half my friends list is friends and the other half is just competent dps who I hit up if I’m ever looking, from mages and locks to enhance shamans and kitty druids. I try to never pug, even if I can’t fill the group I’ll take a recommendation from one of those guys before I ever hit lfg, and if I’m doing like an ohb or bf and can’t fill the group with friends or friends of friends I’ll just wait till I can, same if I can’t get a healer I know for hbm.

1 Like

You might, but that’s exactly what the multiboxers said in the threads against multiboxing. Then out of the blue blizzard did exactly what we asked for. Banned input broadcasting software and then hardware.

The devs were explicit in saying BC wasn’t no changes but some changes and asked for player feedback about what changes were wanted. Dual spec is wanted by the majority of the players.

2 Likes

I didn’t care at all. I did fine before the change.

Player feedback produced retail. There’s a point where you have to stop catering to the immediate wishes of players who have one particular perspective of the game and understand that the outcomes of their wishes being implemented may hurt them more than they help.

1 Like

Having a different opinion than you isn’t lying, also I’m using historical evidence that shows dual spec doesn’t fix the tank shortage.

Lastly dual spec doesn’t fit in tbc for mote reasons than just not wanting the gold sink gone, though you ignore all reasoning and just throw insults and your opinion on repeat to cause circular arguments.

Player feedback produced negative and positive changes. Some people can look at a complex world and see the nuance and others can’t handle complexity and simplify it into black and white.

2 Likes

And TBC Classic is an area where Blizzard can figure out how best to cater to the players while simultaneously maintaining the spirit of the original game.

This will also impact how they’ll structure a WotLK Classic, if it ever comes to that.

Yes, yes, yes, because everyone’s primary concern was whether or not Zipzo was hurt by the change.

And we are all giving feedback, the people for dual spec saying it will fix the tank shortage, the people against saying it won’t and providing historical evidence as to why it won’t.

One side has evidence to point to, the other side doesn’t. The side against dual spec also points at gold sink, game design changes that happened in wrath that made dual spec more complimenting to the game vs tbc design that doesn’t fit dual spec, exc. But you have heard all of this before and just insult and cycle argument it away.

1 Like

I can only say that if Dual Spec occurs it would open up for me on my characters to have more healers and tanks.

The simplicity to change my character quickly and easily to the role necessary would be a welcome change. Am I demanding it, no. Do I feel that it would add additional people to handle tanking and healing, yes. Would I say it would open it to the point that the lack would no longer be felt, no I wouldn’t. However it would indeed add more healers to the mix. Having potential on hybrids to tank, heal, or dps several would indeed chose tank and heal and that would indeed add to the potential issue of finding tanks or healers.

Ok, so is your primary concern with whether I’m being logically consistent or not?

You really can’t decide what angle to take this can you?