Dual Spec solves Tank shortage

I won’t pretend it will produce an abundance of tanks but obviously it will help substantially.

Acti-Blizz really needs to realize they can’t just turn the servers on and collect their checks. If you want to stop the bleeding you have to get active.

Your disgusting mount was an alright change to make but you can’t solve actual problems like hour long queue times or hour long waits for tanks?

31 Likes

Go back to Retail if you want dual spec.

27 Likes

Haven’t played retail since I tried Cataclysm for a few months. I quit in Wotlk pre-patch.

Nice incorrect assumption though, got any real points?

7 Likes

Okay, here’s a real point.

Dual spec is not a TBC feature.

Any possible thing you could mention to me in response (such as drums changes, pally changes, unnerfed bosses, or w/e) do not invalidate this point.

If your enjoyment of the game hinges on dual spec, then wait for WOTLKC.

24 Likes

How can you claim this without any embarrassment considering there is still a tank shortage in retail wow?
How will dual spec make people who dont want to tank, start wanting to tank?

7 Likes

They think that the “ugh, FINE, I’ll tank it” mentality is a strong enough emotion to totally change the face of party formation in the WoW community for people playing hybrids as DPS.

1 Like

There is nothing quite like the combination of brazenly naked hubris and poor grammatical skills to let you know you’re on WoW forums.

I don’t have access to piles of user data to back up this belief but I can tell you from my guild alone dual spec would return atleast 4 tanks into the LFG fray. I’d imagine pvp guilds would yield tanks at an even higher rate if there wasn’t a 50g penalty everytime they wanted to tank a dungeon.

1 Like

I agree and…

…sorry, had to re-apply Seal of the Martyr to my Draenei Paladin.

Anyway, what were we talking about?

4 Likes

Did you really just ‘grammar-actually’ a completely adequate sentence as a counter-point?

Pack it up boys, this kid’s a troll.

4 Likes

I call lies. If they wanted to tank, they would just be tanks. But benefit to you, lets say its true. Wow 4 tank increase. that’s literally a drop in a ocean

Can you imagine a world where not dual spec, but ALL specs are available to you at a click of a button, no matter where you are? and and a satchel of gold reward for tanks and healers in the random dungeon system? because that exists in retail, and there is still a tank shortage.

3 Likes

I didn’t say anything about Blizzard being against changes.

Completely irrelevant.

I’d argue there’s a shortage of leadership. People willing to take responsibility and put up with a variety of people who might make you angry while you attempt to carry on regardless of how much you might be hating life having to pull threat off them.

3 Likes

neither is FvF BGs

2 Likes

I don’t want those either.

5 Likes

Yeah, whether or not Blizzard is for or against changes is completely irrelevant when people are talking about changes in a game made by Blizzard.

Brilliant.

2 Likes

Dual spec isn’t what makes retail bad. It’s bad because the gameplay sucks. That said, dual spec won’t fix the tanking shortage. Tanks are still rare in retail.

3 Likes

???

I said Blizzard being for or against changes was irrelevant.

Then your response is…

More talking about whether Blizzard is for or against changes.

You’re just, like, confusing man.

1 Like

Ooh, this is fun! Should I recap what we said beforehand too?

1 Like

My argument was completely unrelated to Blizzard being for or against changes.

I said it’s not a feature in TBC.

If what you mean by your sentiments is that the argument of dual spec not being a feature in TBC is inherently beholden to the idea that Blizzard won’t make changes, well then you’re wrong, sorry.

Saying dual spec is not a TBC feature is to illustrate how completely out-of-the-question it should be in hoping for it.

It’s like asking for glyphs in TBC. A barbershop. Hey, why don’t we get the ICC raid one expansion early because P1 lacks content.

It’s an absurd ask that goes beyond mere calculated modifications in the name of balance and gameplay integrity (which seal of the marty and drums changes were for).

It’s a change that merely benefits convenience that never existed in this expansion. Period.

Fire is hot.