Dual spec please

They decided to add dual spec when they were designing and building wotlk. They were done with tbc design. They changed design goals for wotlk.

But you don’t want to admit that because it doesn’t fit your agenda for “my gold bro”. It’s not the lack of choice that has you wanting dual spec. It’s the intentional consequences for choices made that you don’t like. You can respec all you want without dual spec. It just has consequences for doing so.

Dual spec doesn’t add choice. It doesn’t fix an issue.

Because of issues being experience during TBC, dual spec wasn’t wrath content nor was anything in wrath specifically designed for dual spec, it was just a QOL mechanics change which works perfectly fine in any expansion.

Which is why no one can actually explain why dual spec would actually be a problem in TBC.

2 Likes

Dude just get out. If duel spec was a thing, you have the option to not utilize duel spec. That’s your choice, but arguing that duel spec ruins anything in TBC is a ridiculous statement.

It will only benefit the player base than negatively impact it. But sadly it won’t be implemented in TBC and the populations will just keep dying.

4 Likes

It’s been explained dozens of times you refusing to read it or address it doesn’t change that.

Actually it hasn’t, people just make vague statements about how it wouldn’t work with no actual details, please explain why dual spec would not work in TBC in in games terms without falling back on #nochanges.

2 Likes

It’s been explained in the mega dual spec thread. It harms aspects of the game, it goes against intended game design, exc. I’m not going over it for the 100th time.

You not wanting to see the negatives doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

It’s been explained, and once again you misrepresent the reasons not to add dual spec as no changes when you know that’s not the argument. But it’s been explained so many times and you just ignore and misrepresent it. I’m done repeating myself.

So you are unable to actually explain why dual spec wouldn’t work in TBC, got it.

Just be honest and admit you have nothing besides #nochanges instead of trying to lie about how dual spec wouldn’t work.

3 Likes

TBCC doesn’t much care about the design goals of TBC since TBCC’s goals are not TBC’s goals.

This doesn’t follow. If Dual Spec removes the consequences of choice, then respec does as well… which means there are no consequences to remove.

This.

3 Likes

Your backwards logic is showing again.

The consequence of chosing your spec is having to go to a class trainer and pay the respec fee to change your spec. Respecing does t remove the consequences it’s the cost involved in respecing that is the consequence.

So the only consequence is the trip to the trainer, no more, no less, which makes the defining RPG element just the time spent traveling? That makes about as much sense as arguing against adding a graveyard closer to the SSC instances because “running back for 8 min while dead” is a critical consequence required by RPGs…

Dual Spec isn’t free and is quite a bit more costly than a trip to the trainer.

2 Likes

It’s not just the trip to the trainer and you know it. You are again ignoring information. The up to 50g per time you change spec. It prevents people from changing spec endlessly to fit their whim.

And a 1 time fee has a very different effect on player behavior than a repetitive fee.

But you have heard all of this before. You are just trying to argue in circles.

The only other information is the gold, which is no different than spending gold to purchase Dual Spec, of which Dual Spec is significantly more expensive to buy.

Yes, it is less annoying, no more, no less. Same power, same options, but less annoying. Like going from normal flying to epic flying.

I’m aware, and as usual, you can’t actually pin down a problem, you just have to say there is one and hope everyone agrees.

3 Likes

Going from normal flying to epic flying isn’t purely a QoL, nor is dual spec. Fast flying effects gathering, quest completion rate, exc.

Just like dual spec it effects far more than just QoL.

But this has been explained to you before. You are just trying to push your agenda by claiming its somehow needed, but at the same time just a QoL change.

Correct dual spec is the equivalent of keeping two epic mounts in your bag instead of one in your bag and one in the bank. They function exactly the same either way you just have access to both of them on the spot.

4 Likes

You just described QoL.

I’ve never once claimed Dual Spec is needed.

I have explained that “need” isn’t a necessity to get changes. You really do struggle with basic reading…

1 Like

You seem to be kinda new to the game, and you don’t really know how dual spec worked. It didnt let you change your spec endlessly. It let you swap back and forth between two very specific specs. Any time you wished to change one of them? 50g respec costs.

Always suspected the anti-ds crew never actually played original wow

2 Likes

Nope. This is completely irrelevant to what I said.

No you cannot. Last time I talked to a Priest Trainer, the only option other than training abilities was to unlearn my talents.

2 Likes

I’m well aware of how it worked. I played from vanilla to legion.

And when the players got dual spec? They cried it wasn’t tri spec. They got to freely change between specs with gutted jokes of talent trees? They cried They had to get separate gear sets per spec.

Dual spec doesn’t fix any issue. It goes directly against the design goals and intent of tbc, which tbcc is emulating, and it will effect t the meta just as it did in wotlk.

You want dual spec? Wait till wotlkc. It’s that simple.

All the crying for dual spec boils down to is you cry babies not wanting to spend gold when you want to swap between different roles. Weather thats pve to pvp, healer to dps, exc.

Tbcc is a remake of tbc. As such the design goals need to be respected if it’s to have any hope of succeeding in that.

This isn’t classic plus. If you want that go play SoM as it’s very clear they are making that into a classic plus experience.

I’m playing tbcc to play tbcc. Not tbcwithwotlksprinkles.

You cry babies are what got retail into the state it is with the endless “I want, I want, I want” mindset.

Tbcc isn’t about instant gratification that dual spec is part of. Go ruin retail more and let the classics be classics.

If you can’t play the game without dual spec wait for wotlkc.

1 Like

You are away of the addon called talented?

It let’s you save preset action bars and specs and after you pay your 50g respec fee, you chose what presaved selection and it sets it all up.

So again, yes you can.