Dual spec please

Prove that most guilds switched spec based on encounter. If you ask for proof from others you should first prove what you claim. I was in an alliance guild and a horde guild and neither of them switched specs based on encounter. If switching specs in raids was common there would have been a lot of complaints about it. But it wasn’t an issue discussed in chat or on the forums.

1 Like

And? Druids would be more than welcome in TBC regardless of dual spec.

Unless you can somehow explain why dual spec would mean noone wants a druid anymore in TBC.

Wrong.

Here was the original statement:

Which I said was false, because I definitely did.

In fact, even Ziryus agrees:

Then the original person says this:

To which I asked him to prove his claim.

So you’re falsely assuming that I have not already provided proof for my counter-argument because you’ve decided to have poor reading comprehension.

What people are disagreeing with is your claim that everyone would be switching specs every pull and that people were being forced to do so.

I know that distinction might confuse you.

1 Like

Imo most guilds did not switch specs based on the encounter. The only time my guild switched specs was for the rare fight that needed and extra tank or healer. This is based on my experience playing the Wrath when it was released. Imo if your guild switched specs based on the encounter it was in the minority of guilds. I can’t prove that, you can’t prove it wasn’t. It’s one of the most stupid thing people do on the forums, to ask for proof when no proof is available. I don’t ask for proof because I know that for almost everything we post on the forums no proof is available. You might think it’s a good argument to ask for proof and that it makes you appear smart but, since intelligent people know there is no proof for either side of the argument, it actually makes you look like an idiot.

Strawman. I never said literally everyone would do it. Certainly a lot will.

It’s irrelevant though, because nobody should be able to do it, period.

And nobody will do it, because dual spec will never be in TBC.

2 Likes

Yes, the proof for the claim that I respecced between fights on my Paladin in WOTLK is…my literal experience. No, I can’t provide video evidence, but it’s my literal lived experience.

Not even a lot will, because wait for it there simply isn’t that much need for people to switch.

You just seem completely detached from how raids actually work.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Please explain what raid you think requires a lot of people to switch specs, or for that matter even benefits from it.

Your claim is that a lot of people would be forced to use dual spec, so back it up. Or is that just a complete fabrication on your part?

It’s my literal lived experience that only a minority of guilds did that. Therefore our proof is equal to yours. I didn’t see anyone claim that it didn’t happen to you. Do you understand what, “only a minority of guilds did that” means? Here’s a clue, it doesn’t mean no one ever did that.

1 Like

I spent so much time arguing against multiboxxing in the many threads about it. We got into some heated arguments and even traded a few insults, but mostly both sides used rational arguments. I have never seen a group of people so unwilling to engage in rational analysis and so willing to lie in support of their agenda as the anti dual speccers in these threads. They’re the worst people I’ve dealt with on these forums since I started posting back in vanilla.

3 Likes

At this point the #nochanges crowd has been condensed down to nothing but bitterness and spite. Any legitimacy that position had is long gone and disregarded by pretty much everyone including blizzard, so all they can resort to is outright lies and fear mongering.

1 Like

Can dual specs make it into the game before you clowns declare victory?

You guys are so sold on your own bs that you dont know which way is up. You’re on the shorter end of the stick.

2 Likes

And I could say the exact same thing to you You cling on to this idea that the game’s problems aren’t bad.

And yet how many dead servers do we have how many PVP servers are basically either 100% horde or 100% alliance Is the reality is if the barrier to entry is too high people just aren’t going to do that content.

perfect point in case heroics People would rather get 10 people together and do a raid rather than a 5 man dungeon why because they’re harder most of the time and they’re not worth that reward.

On top of that you can pug Kaera easier than you can pug a heroic Not every single player plays the game the way you do OK sure you don’t do raid logging great.

I would say you’re the minority for the record I don’t do rate logging either For different reasons but still I don’t.

Mainly to help out my fellow guilties But still case in point It’s the same thing with PVP Which again is not in a great state What’s the biggest reason OK1 you have to get a secondary gear set together end on top of that pay a 100 gold.

just a start And almost nobody’s wanted going to do that especially when it takes you about 18 hours per piece estimately And no that is not an over exaggeration.

Quite frankly the game is dying and although I’m not so naive to believe that dual speck would bring a massive amount of people back it would most certainly help from people leaving.

It would help with the tank shortage yes there are people that even with dual speck they’re not going to tank however there are people that would be more OK with it Or at least want to try it Because Dual spec Was in the game

And before you tell me This game is in an OK state yeah OK pvp alliance Benediction pvp Horde faralina pve Alliance Is peggle and Westfall White Maine is bleeding alliance players.

And the list goes on Is at this point there is over 10 servers Is that are just playing dead as a nobody’s on them and there’s at least 20 servers with less than a 1000 people on them and that’s between 2 factions.

Is and you’re going to tell me that’s healthy Yeah OK Now is it partially blizzard’s fault yes most definitely it is

But that’s not the discussion here My point is you can deny that dual speck would help with this for one simple reason.

you’re giving players more reasonable chois reasonable choice is it going to make a bunch of people come back again probably not but it’s certainly going to help people from leaving.

No are there people like you that for some weird reason believe that dull speck changes your words tbc Is from a pie to a cake.

Yeah sure but there’s a lot more of us that think it would just be a good quality of life change and for the record Is that analogy of silly for one reason.

This dull speck does not change the raids/pvp/ Dungeon.

Hunters and warlocks are still overpowered with dual speck in the game It doesn’t change the fights it does not change the core of the game.

If anything a better analogy would be Is we’re talking about the difference between a pie Is and a pie with whip cream and sprinkles.

so yeah So I still say #DoorSpeck

Do you think people wouldn’t bring boomkins, resto druids or feral tanks in TBC with dual spec?

Then you don’t understand why your class is so valuable in TBC.

2 Likes

There’s also a huge difference between “I don’t think we need a 5th healer here if you want to respec for this boss” and “everyone having to respec pull to pull”.

That wastes time, and current meta is about speed.

2 Likes

I suspect you’re a healer or tank. I don’t have issues finding groups as Shaman healer or my Pally tank, but my shadow priest seems impossible sometimes.

1 Like

I have four 70’s and each of them are hybrids. I would absolutely love dual spec, but I know enough to realize it’s not gonna happen during TBC. I think more than 5-man groups, it might make a huge impact on arena activity. As of now, participation is really low, but I think even with the terrible rating system, if dual spec were introduced, it might be the fuel needed to light the fires.

That being said, I really look forward to Wrath when this becomes a thing.

1 Like