Dual spec please

I see several problems with the game that would be much improved by the addition of dual spec and the lfd. I support adding both but since it’s hard to get changes I’m just asking for dual spec, for us all, not just a select few who want a pvp spec.

Yeah, they finally let me, the unpaid intern, out of the basement. Stoked to be here. :roll_eyes:

Hmm… what is the blizzard basement like?

I keep tripping over this weird translucent spiky crab and they keep asking me if I have a phone. Kinda weird. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well just shapeshift twice if you’re in trouble.

Just posted this in the CC forum. Keen to hear more feedback!

Which ignores a large part of why people want dual spec, people with specs for multiple roles.

Sad a druid doesn’t understand that.

I would be very surprised if they didn’t have it in Wrath Classic launch.

I’d like to break out my resto set, trust me, but the implications are a bit deeper than just putting a toggle on the class trainer and expecting nothing but positives to come of it. I wouldn’t say I like the restrictions of hybrids in Classic, but it makes at least a little bit of sense. Definitely gives it that not-retail feel, at the very least. :man_shrugging:

Same, and I’d be devasted all the same if they put it in at launch or at the end of WotLK. Terrible terrible terrible choice to put in at all. First priority above all else should be merging servers where appropriate, imo.

So the only distinction you make between retail and classic is dual spec? Which actually doesn’t even exist in retail anymore.

Nope! I actually never said anything like that. There’s a hell of a lot that differentiates us from them, but dual spec is definitely one of the first specks of ‘give’ that lead to the massive ‘take’ that was xrealm LFD, LFR, etc etc

1 Like

Ah so just a slippery slope argument.

Still not sure how dual spec relates to LFD and what not. People want dual spec to do current content as is.

That discussion is moot. I don’t get why you keep posting that when several people have already agreed to having dual spec that can only be changed in a major city and also had a cool down. Let’s stop discussing the implications of just putting a toggle on the class trainer and discuss what most people have already agreed to. Dual spec with a cool down and only changed in a major city.

It would be like me constantly pointing out that your pvp spec idea wouldn’t work because people will change their spec in response to the make up of the arena team they face, ignoring the fact that you’ve already said it can only be changed in a major city.

I don’t get why you keep posting that when I’ve already talked about having dual spec that can only be changed in a major city and also had a cool down. (On the CC Forum post, no less.)

And yet in spite of that you keep returning to the problems that might occur if they just added a toggle to the class trainer. All of the problems you’re bringing up about dual spec in raids wouldn’t occur if it was on a cool down and only changed in a major city.

Yes. Why wouldn’t I?

Some? Sure, but not all. Why put in a controversial Wrath change in when it’s still TBC?
Full DS in TBC should be used as an absolute last case ripcord to save an even further hemorrhaging population. Not now. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Easy to just make changing spec in arena unusable- isn’t that the way retail works now?

You’re advocating for a controversial almost Wrath change when it’s still TBC. You haven’t been paying attention if you think your almost Wrath change won’t be controversial.

I think we’re at the absolute last case ripcord moment. In fact the moment has passed. Dual spec should have already been added to slow the transfers and help people find groups.

That is the way dual spec always worked.