Dual Spec.. please?

Actually the devs of TBC decided on adding dual spec during TBC because of problems during TBC, it just didn’t make it in until wrath :slight_smile:

1 Like

Min maxing situationally for boss fights can very much be over a 1% increase to performance.

The reason it’s not done in mass now with respecs is because of the time and gold cost of going to the trainer and respecing.

Dual spec removes those from the equation though and makes it much more viable to just change per fight.

They said NO to it because it didn’t fit the design goals and intents of tbc.

There was a major shift in design goals from tbc to wotlk.

But you know this. You are just being intellectually dishonest at this point.

Except there simply isn’t that much swing from fight to fight.

A couple tanks/healers switching roles is hardly some massive change, but you just seem to have a very very bad understanding of how raids actually work.

1 Like

No I’m being honest that the decision to add dual spec was made during TBC, because hey guess what the devs aren’t perfect and do in fact correct mistakes sometimes.

1 Like

It was made during tbc, for wotlk game design, not for tbc.

You are taking things out of proper context to fit your agenda and in doing so, showing your intellectual dishonesty.

No I’m answering honestly that dual spec was decided based on problems that were observed in wrath.

You just don’t like that because you want to pretend that wrath was somehow completely separate from TBC despite having massive similarities particularly as it relates to specs and why dual spec is wanted in TBC Classic.

1 Like

There was a huge design shift from tbc to wrath.

You are the one trying to dismiss the differences to push your agenda through.

1 Like

There really wasn’t. We had a much bigger design change coming from vanilla into TBC, the introduction of arenas, daily dungeons, badge gear, the reduction in raid sizes etc… Wrath was much closer to TBC in design than TBC was to vanilla(where the respec at trainer mechanics were actually designed for, not TBC).

Which is why the problems that exist that people want dual spec for are exactly the same in TBC and Wrath.

2 Likes

Vanilla to tbc, it still focused on rpg elements and classes being different.

Tbc to wotlk was the first true signs of making all classes more similar.

Tbc to wotlk was also the first move toward making content easier for the less skilled to enjoy from brain dead heroics to raids having separate difficulty so the less skilled could see the content.

Tbc to wotlk was the first real signs of dumbing down the content so more people could partake in it.

Dual spec was part of that dumbed down content.

All of this is true of TBC as well. Raid size reductions, 5 mans with badge gear, massive revamps to make more specs of more classes viable… all designed to make contentmore accessible.

I love how you accuse me of being dishonest while either lying through your teeth about the design of TBC vs Wrath or simply having such a poor understanding of the game mechanics you genuinely think that’s the case.

1 Like

The devs of TBC said no to any changes to multiboxing. Therefore banning key repeating software and hard ware goes against the intended game design of goals of TBC. That doesn’t matter at all because the modern devs decided to ban key repeating software.

2 Likes

In tbc, they didn’t have anywhere near the abuse it had in classic.

It wasn’t nearly as common and wasn’t seen as an issue.

In classic they did something about it because it was being exploited to a degree far above what it was in the origional

People were not mind controlling people and walking them out of BG exits in vanilla, but we saw the need to fix that in classic because it was being exploited.

The playerbase has evolved. Changes to prevent massive exploits are not the same as changes made “because I want it”.

100% false.

In original TBC there were AV battles in which there would sometimes be a 20 multibox Shaman team and they would Chain Lightning and kill the entire opposing team. Once again, you are wrong.

1 Like

Was it done to today’s degree before they made it against the rules?

No.

It was much less known and much less done.

Actually it was, people have whined about Multi boxxing since vanilla.

Blizzard’s stance was always meh until it messed with something they changed in Shadowlands so they killed it. They didn’t arbitrarily have a change of heart about it breaking the rules.

1 Like

Please grant me access to this mythical font of knowledge you seemingly possess that provides you with this information.

1 Like

It’s all lies. She just makes sht up as she goes along to support her anti dual spec crusade.

1 Like

I’s funny how he doesn’t understand that blizzard’s change in stance on multi boxxing is a direct result of changes they made in shadow lands not some random change of heart on blizzard’s side.

1 Like

OK one Is most people do not level fishing because it’s boring Secondly that type of choice This even with the will speck does come at a cost on top of that.

What I’m saying is you pay for it one time not a 100 Another part of that is even if you have to respect you still have to farm for the gear for your offspec that is more than enough of a barrier.

It opens up player choice there’s no reason you should have to pay a 100 gold every single time you want to try something new.

And again Most people that I talk to do not level fish It is literally the most boring activity in the game.