Dual Spec.. please?

There is very little difference between the number of players in BC and Wrath at peak according to the official numbers released by blizzard. Both had around 12 million players. You again are factually incorrect.

The costs of respec being 0 did not meaningfully improve the tank shortage.

The argument that it would is what I believe is wrong.

The way people treat other players in this game is mostly horrible, and the reluctance to tank or heal is not because it costs 50 gold to switch specs.

It’s because people don’t feel like helping ungrateful, selfish people.

It’s because it’s not fun to fight the rest of the group to get through a dungeon.

9 Likes

I don’t know why the anti dual spec people deliberately misquote people. Is it that they’re incapable of making a convincing case honestly or is their reading comprehension so bad they’re unaware they’re creating strawman arguments?

We’re not claiming dual spec will make the tank shortage go away. We simply claim it will make it less severe.

2 Likes

Just charge 50 gold + to tank pugs.

1 Like

The tank shortage isn’t because it costs gold. It’s because tanking (or healing) isn’t fun.

Read some “tanking sucks” posts.

That’s the problem you should be working on.

4 Likes

There are several reasons for the tank and healer shortage. Part of it is some people don’t find it fun. There’s not much that can be done about that. But there are people who like to tank or heal and some who don’t find it so onerous that they would never consider it. They are forced to choose one spec to heal or tank dungeons which make the rest of the game no fun for them some that would tank decide to spec dps so they can have fun playing the whole game.

I made that choice. I specced dps on my druid because questing, farming, and pvp weren’t fun with a resto spec. As soon as there was dual spec in wrath I added a resto spec and started to heal in dungeons. There are other classes that heal and tank that did the same and would do the same in BC. It wouldn’t solve the shortage but it would make it less severe

1 Like

You’re right. Numbers aren’t the important thing here. The rate does matter, however.

Plenty of people are against it. Not everybody thinks that game-changing changes are good for the game.

Not everybody prefers Retail.

5 Likes

To spend 50 gold or not.

That’s really the problem? 50 gold?

How many people have flying mounts?
Being forced to pay 900 gold to be able to play the game (Bot/Mech/Arc/TK/Kara) should just get removed too, right?

How about the cost to level professions?
Or having to pay to learn skills?

50 gold is not the problem.

6 Likes

How many people don’t? There’s this myth that every one in the game is rolling in gold. I doubt that is true. A minority of players have found ways to make 100k and more but most of us are playing the game just like we did 15 years ago, for fun, and have about the same amount of gold. Most people I know struggle to find the gold to buy a mount.

Since the respec isn’t a permanent change it’s 100 gold. And since most people would do it several times a week if there was dual spec it’s several hundred gold.

Here’s how I play my hunter or my mage, or for that matter my druid. I log on and quest or farm until a dungeon run comes up on the lfg. I join, do the run, and return to farming or questing. I might do that 3 or so times a night. That’s what I’d like to do with my holy priest but to do it would cost me 300 gold. Every night I play. I’m only willing to sacrifice all the game outside of dungeons on this priest. I won’t do it on my druid. I won’t heal with her until there’s dual spec.

So yes, it all about the gold respec cost for me

1 Like

If people want healers or tanks then they can pay for them.

You need gold to respec to accommodate other people? They can pay for it.

If they don’t want to pay you, they can pay the trainer.

If it’s just something you want to do, well the 50 gold respec is a part of the game.

You might as well just start arguing for everything to be free. Because then you won’t have to “work” to achieve it in game, you can just log in and win.

I mean, that might sound awesome, but what will you do when you don’t need to do anything in game? Why are you “playing”?

4 Likes

Dual spec is a detriment to WoW and your bag space.
You can leave your other set in the bank without dual spec.
Save more room for potions and elixirs and trash drops.
Encourages you to farm and trade items for gold to keep the economy going.
People aren’t confused if your a dps one day or tank the next or even healer, and refer to you by spec.

3 Likes

People can do what ever they want. I dont get bent out of shape over it. But I don’t have to join them. The min/max wb culture can play how they want but I never did. The paid boosters can make their gold and the rest can sit afk while the mage makes xp for them. But I never paid for or charged for a dungeon run. Last night I watched a group look for a healer for BRD for an hour. I decided to heal their run. A few days earlier it was a ST run. There’s a healer shortage on my server and I’m not the type of person to take advantage of that. If fact I’m more likely to do a low run that gives me no xp. Again, people can do what ever they want, tanks can change, mages can get paid to boost. I just won’t.

Your not stuck you pay a gold fee to change them

3 Likes

You aren’t taking advantage of anyone. You had to pay 100 gold to help people, that was you giving away 100 gold.

Asking for gold to cover your respec costs is not taking advantage of the people who need you to do something for them.

1 Like

Play how ever you want. I’m not trying to tell you how you should play the game or criticizing you for your choices

Well if you had read the OP you might have understood.

And we’re arguing it won’t solve anything, only create a new problem of clueless DPS masquerading as tanks just to get into groups faster… but you would know that, had you bothered to read my entire post.

And we’re not even getting into the fact that dual spec would change the meta, but you’ve obviously stopped reading by now anyways so why bother? If you really wanted to make an informed argument, you’d read one of the very very many threads that have already been made on the topic.

4 Likes

God just shut up already. Everybody knows dualspec was introduced in wotlk, you just have nothing better to do than talk to yourself and state the obvious.

Imagine comparing dual spec (introduced in wotlk) to the garbage that is retail (activision) wow.