Dual Spec.. please?

I don’t trust blizzard to do anything more than just slap it on with the original Wrath variant and call it a day. We can discuss compromises and while some of them might be more agreeable I fear that we would ultimately get the worst version of it where you could just swap after a few seconds of casting and then spend some time drinking to be at full mana as long as you were out of combat.

That’s not how the like to comment ratio work…

You like to call people liars too capriciously.

It’s the total number of comments in this thread vs the number of people who like posts. So there are 70 likes vs over 1200 comments. If you look at other threads you will see there are ones with slightly orange color and if you however over them will say “this thread has a high like to comment ratio” or a “very high like to comment ratio” if you look at this one…yeah it doesn’t say that at all.

You’re massively losing in the number of likes your side gets. So you spin it away. Spin is just a polite way to say lie.

Most people read the OP of a thread rather than agreeing with some random comment down the chain. I made a thread against dual-spec and sure enough my OP has more likes on it than any of the subsequent people disagreeing with me. That doesn’t prove anything.

It’s overall that more people are wanting to debate than just hit like and move on. The assumption by the forums is that if someone likes the post they will just like the suggestion and if they don’t like it they will comment to the contrary.

I don’t argue that your side has more support as the polls clearly show it. I just think the community is by and large WRONG and I am hoping to sway as many people against it as I can. People generally want something to be more convenient and it is hard to convince them that it’s not in the best interest. I know that I have no hope of convincing you personally as you are heavily in-grained but hopefully I can convince others that might read this (or any of my other posts) why dual-spec would be harmful.

2 Likes

See, this is why retail is more suited to your tastes, you don’t like to talk to people. Tbc classic is a social game, retail is not. Stop trying to turn tbc classic into retail.

Where is that thread? Can’t find it. Link it please. I only found this one:

Only 22 likes but 28 people who are writing in the thread…

True, but you read like a thousand comments and think that reflects a thousand opinions against it. But that’s obviously not true. There are like maybe 5-10 people against it in this thread, but crying the loudest and like 10++ people who have pro arguments trying to explain why it’s a good idea.

But this does:

Take this thread alone:

424 likes and only 207 people who wrote in this thread. Based on your logic it means that more than 2/3 of the people are for dual spec, right? :laughing:

1 Like

The design philosophy with regards to WoW through Burning Crusade - shifting really only part-way through Wrath - was “bring the class and spec” vs. “bring the player”. This isn’t my opinion. This has been stated publicly by the design team. I’m also not arguing for people here to agree with that. That’s entirely your opinion if you agree or disagree with that design philosophy.

Beginning with Wrath, it changed. It became a “bring the player” first philosophy, which led to spec and talent restrictions becoming less restrictive. In short, they wanted to make it easier for Raids in particular to be filled by as many players as possible, regardless of class and spec, vs. there being a meta-defined composition. This, too, is a fact, and I’m not arguing to be in favor of it, or against it.

All of that said, the point I’d like to make is that Burning Crusade was designed from a DNA perspective for each class, and then each spec, to have a particular identity, role, and value in the game. Trying to change all of that with Dual-Spec would go against the underlying foundations of how Raid encounters, and even dungeons, were constructed, which would carry unintended consequences.

I’m not asking everyone here to agree or disagree whether dual-spec would make your individual play sessions better. I am asking that everyone consider how massive a gameplay shift this would be in every aspect of the game, to the point that the fundamental game would so significantly shift so that we’re no longer playing Burning Crusade. We’re playing Burning Crusade: Reimagined.

And for all those who are pointing to other changes made, all I can say is that none of them fundamentally shift the dynamics of every aspect of gameplay, for 100% of the player population, as much as Dual-Spec would.

1 Like

See my other comment on how I understand the majority are for it but think the majority are wrong and it’s an ultimately negative change for the game.

My entire point was to respond to the assertion that them “replying to all the comments” would make this thread look more popular. When in fact the way to make it look the most popular is generate likes and have no discussion.

Dual Spec was a defining feature of a later expansion (remember how it cost 1000g originally?), stuff like drums and the paladin seals were not. That’s not to say I don’t think it’s healthy for the game (it is), but a lot of stuff that was horribly unhealthy for the game were core to the game design of classic and TBC. That’s sort of something you have to accept when you decide to play an old game. I hated the idea of spending 3 hours pre-raid wrangling world buffs or days spent killing furbolgs in Winterspring, but I played the game knowing that was how it worked, because I enjoyed the end result. If you enjoy playing TBC as a tank or healer you sorta have to accept you’re going to need friends/a good guild/an alt to do a lot of the tedium.

2 Likes

Feel free to have that opinion, but many people see it differently and they underlined their opinion with arguments and more or less confirmed facts.

So you are saying your own thread I linked (the one against dual spec) is having an unpopular opinion, right?

How about all the polls I linked though? Why were most people for dual spec then?! Take:

https://twitter.com/WillE_WoW/status/1357757607310741504

21k votes, 80% in favor for dual spec. How do you explain that?

But you can still ask Blizzard to change it, right? :wink:

Nothing else we are doing here. That was the full intention of the thread. I asked them to consider to bring in dual spec or some other system that makes it easier to switch between PvP and PvE etc.

They will change it… in 2 years, when the content that includes it is added

Did not having dual spec surprise you? There are other games with that feature included. Enjoy.

Did the chronoboon surprise you? Did the paid boost and the store bought mount surprise you? Did the pally seal change surprise you? Did the drum nerf surprise you? If they didn’t surprise you you were anticipating changes. You should anticipate more changes since blizzard has told you they are considering them. Did it suprise you? Then you should expect to be surprised again.

Theni expect you to begin a campaign to remove SoB from the alliance side, otherwise its only your biased opinion on this and the fact is that the #changes doo is now wide open.

I leveled up alts during wrath and did BC dungeons with dual spec. It didn’t seem any different to me playing BC with dual spec. It just made the game more fun as I was able to play more parts of it. I suppose that is a massive change. I could have fun healing a dungeon and have fun questing and still have fun with pvp. Only healing a dungeon is fun for me without dual spec.

All of your arguments boil down to “we want to spend less money”

Too bad lmfao farm the gold for the respecs. You already have the ability to change your talents at a class trainer.

So you are pro all changes? Because surprises?

You seem to completely ignore the part where I acknowledged that more people are in favor. I just am in disagreement with the majority as I think they are short-sighted and don’t see the negative implications.

3 Likes

I think they do, but they give the advantages more weight than what you call disadvantages. To be completely honest, I don’t think that dual spec does generate any real disadvantages. Not a single one. At least I haven’t read of one so far.

All mentioned disadvantages neither are one or would also exist with dual spec or could be fixed a lot easier than without implementing a system like dual spec.

To say they just vote for it because they are blind and don’t see the disadvantages, does also insult the intelligence of the people and you emphasize your opinion with it to the ultimate truth at the same time.

Both is not exactly serious, wouldn’t you agree?

I wouldn’t let you pick what’s for lunch much less make game system decisions that have far reaching implications you choose to ignore.

4 Likes