Dual Spec - but with limitations?

Just let us change specs in arena preparation phase, and when you leave arena your talents are reverted to how they were before entering. That way people can PvE and PvP if they want to, and if they want to actually respec, they’ll still have to go through the usual process.

Don’t offer compromises. Dual spec should be put into the game at level 40. We don’t need any special circumstances surrounding.

No bargaining you say? Ok then we will do as it was originally and wait until Wrath. The bargaining was to try and meet you halfway but if we are going “no bargaining” then it’ll just be how it originally was.

1 Like

Why not? It’s obvious that dual spec is a contentious topic. And most people that are in favour of it want it because PvE and PvP aren’t interchangeable when it comes to viable talent specs. Those not in favour it want respeccing to remain the way it was, for the sake of authenticity and having a gold sink.

At least this compromise can potentially suit both parties.

This is already going to happen

We already have dual spec with limitations. Limitations are:

1. You can only change specs in the class trainer;
  2. You have to pay for it;
  3. The required amount of gold increases until its cap;
  4. To switch back you have to go back to the class trainer.

#nochanges

If dual spec were to be put into the game, most of the player base would be happy about it. I’m going off of surveys obviously, but I don’t see any surveys against dual spec. People are only fighting it because they are lonely and worried they won’t make a friend like in retail.

If they were the same then why ask for this change? Fundamentally they are not the same at all.

1 Like

Haven’t heard anyone against dual-spec claim it had anything to do with making friends?

People who are against it usually fall into several camps:

1. People not wanting to change TBC Authenticity
  2. People who don’t want to nerf raid content by allowing people to swap for each encounter
  3. People who don’t want hybrid specs being completely obsolete by being able to optimize to both roles that the hybrd would fill
  4. People who don’t want to remove a gold sink from the game

None of these reasons have anything to do with making friends

1 Like

consolidating extra steps. Its not hard to understand. Both have the same outcome. one is one step and the other is multiple steps. I don’t understand why you need an explanation unless you are being willfully dense

Your the one being dense. If they were the same, people wouldn’t be asking for dual spec.

I’m done man. Your purposely being dense! Have a good one.

1 Like

here is the problem with every argument against dual spec in tbc. It is already in the game. I can have a mage port me to a major city and be summoned back in a couple minutes. So any worries about raiding is just a make-believe fantasy .

Gold sinks are not really a thing. if you can sell a piece of cloth at a certain price than everyone can sell a piece of cloth at that price. just because prices are going up does not mean that you will be left behind.

you’re trying to hard to be willfully ignorant.

Having someone hearth back, go change their spec, and get summoned back is:

1. A Time Cost
  2. A Cold Cost

Sure you can do it but it’s far more penalizing to try and do that which most guilds won’t bother with. Having a short cast bar that changes your spec as long as you are out of combat is far easier to do and guilds would 100% be willing to do that.

Also not to mention that Tempest Keep you won’t be able to do that at all as summoning is disabled there.

1 Like

Then why bother?

That’s basically what we have now.

1 Like

No reason to change it since its already in the game. I completely agree. Good talk.

1 Like

I got a really good proposal for dual spec.

Gate it behind doing like 5 daily quests. After you complete those 5 daily quests, you are allowed to respect in town at a trainer.

How does that sound?

They’ve got six months.

Couchy

Really, really dumb. Not saying that you’re dumb, I’m just saying it’s a really dumb idea.

Couchy

Ah, so you don’t like the current system of farming gold to pay for a respec.