Dual Spec - but with limitations?

The cooldown option also wouldn’t require gold to swap specs. It’s only if you’re spec swap is on CD and you need to change specs, you could pay gold to do so.

Regardless, I don’t think Dual Spec will be added as it wasn’t introduced until Wrath. I think Blizzard will probably not introduce things like that and barber shop until Wrath Classic.

What CD option? My suggestion said nothing of the sort, and no, I didn’t read everyone’s post in here.

That’s fine, I’m somewhat in line with that thought process, but anything is possible.

I think the compromise everyone is ok with is putting class trainers in Shattrath.

To be fair…Shatt gives Portals to the Old World Cities…

Like i said, the compromise is to move them 1 step closer, lol.

1 Like

I can tell who actually raids and knows what they’re talking about and who doesn’t by this comment.

No one has ever provided any solid evidence or explained in detail how and why this theoretical swapping between two raid specs would actually work.

Because to anyone who actually raids it’s a non-sense theory made up by people who think they know what “high end raiders” do.

Same thing with what happened to master looter in retail. People make up fantasy scenarios to fear monger other players and form a mob mentality.

Please show me parses/segments or sims that show a consistent 5% or more damage increase between bosses by swapping talents.

I guarantee you it’s not going to go well since most bosses are single target and the ones that do have adds are a joke to aoe nuke down or require single target focus anyway. So prioritizing talents for single target damage will almost always be more effective.

I am very confident that for hunters and warlocks a talent swap would only waste time and not offer any meaningful performance increase from the standard raiding builds.

You’re trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill using arguments that you don’t understand.

1 Like

Any other thoughts for limitations that would make this more feasible to the no changes or less changes crowd? Alternatively, is there anything I am missing that would make this a really bad idea?

No reason to limit anything. In WotLK it was 1000 gold to have an extra talent tree you can respec as you want for free. You could reset (i think both?) by talking to the trainer.

If you didn’t respec at least 20 times over the course of an expansion, it wasn’t worth buying, which was the case for all my dps friends who never changed specs unless a tier came out.

Just put it in the OG format. 1000 gold flat.

1 Like

I still think they should just bring an end the way it was and wrath of the lich king I think it would be completely fine.

It wouldn’t be game breaking and I think it would just be over all good for the game I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again I want the best version not necessarily the authentic.

Ever changes going to be good for the game then I want it in

what are you talking about? i agree with you

The ability to switch specs is already in the game. Always has been.

2 Likes

There is no happy medium. That is in retail. Go play that. Stop ruining classic.

1 Like

Thats what I’ve been saying. I can’t understand why people are against dual spec. It makes no sense

I just would like the Wrath version of dualspec in TBC, but I can live without it.

Because it was not in TBC. Its not hard to comprehend.

You don’t have to agree, but that is why.

You can argue all you want but it wont change peoples minds of those who don’t want in TBC.

1 Like

As much as I would love dual spec, I think it’s a slippery slope for TBC. It’s a shame too because I think dual spec is a great idea that benefits everyone with almost no drawbacks.

That’s reasonable.

1 Like

The fact is dual spec is in the game. It just comes with extra steps. So the idea that dual spec will ruin TBC somehow is ridiculous. Pointing that out should change peoples minds.

I do not have to change the minds of people. just hopefully make a case for it with enough of the playerbase to want it. I sadly, do not think it will happen though.

no its not. Like I’ve been trying to point out. Dual spec is already in the game. I can port to a city and be summoned back with a changed spec in a few minutes. Why put ourselves through the extra steps?

1 Like

The ability to change spec is in the game. Dual spec is not. They are not the same thing

1 Like

both have the same end. One can be done instantly the other takes 2-15minutes depending on circumstances. They are the same