Drums are Raid Wide

TLDR;

• Someone in APEs was able to test the drums. Likely the 8 yard ones.
  • Drums are raid wide.
  • Drums are chainable.
  • This could still be changed.

If each drum effect overwrites one another then we have nothing to worry about.

5 Likes

Imagine you thinking that matters. You’ll still want majority of the raid to have leather working to ensure everyone gets the buff. Because people aren’t all going to be standing within 8 yards of one each other at any given moment.

Also, the claim you’re making is unverified.

1 Like

Raid wide fixes all the problems. All this crying before testing LOL.

1 Like

8 yards.

1 Like

This should at least help fix the mandatory nature for most of the raid. If your guild is one that minmaxs that hard, and pre-sunwell, you will just have 4-8 drummers and stack for the rotation every time its up, while still allowing most of the rest of the raid to have their personal min-max professions. Casual guilds wont require drums to clear anything pre-sunwell anyway, and even if they want the drums, raid stacking isnt hard enough your going to force 20 leatherworkers instead of raid stacking for the debuff.

You’re point? Still fixes needing everyone to have LW. Stack up and drum circle.

I would kind of like to see it not that i dont believe here-say but seeing is believing… that or a blue post i guess.

Its not the best solution imo, but its a workable solution. World First guilds will only need their minimum drummers, and guilds lower than them will have multiple options, either ignoring drums, going full meta with minimum drums and stacking, or, however unlikely, still bringing ~20 drummers

A) Thank you for sharing the link. :slight_smile:

B) Thanks (again) to APES for doing God’s work out there, keeping all the wannabes from having a stroke.

dont the new and more expensive drums, have bigger radius ?

Yes but those wont be till post-ZA release, when drums were buffed originally

My’re point is that now it requires stacking so it may as well only effect parties.

3 Likes

Are only available when you get to Zul’Aman and are taught by a drop everyone will be fighting over.

That really depends on the amount of bosses where you have to actually spread like Rag/Cthun/KT and dont have opportunities to stack, versus bosses where stacking is quite easy and people are just standing wherever anyway, at least for mag/gruul/t5/t6. Its been too long to remember the frequency of such bosses.

But will the drums themselves be BOP or BOE while requiring lw? If the later, you only need the drop once per guild to get started.

I’d like more solid confirmation, but raidwide (even with a nerfed radius) is better than party wide.

Maybe you won’t always be able to coordinate to get everyone stacked up, but if it hits 6 or more people it’s still better than 5, so I disagree that raidwide has no point.

I hope they don’t go live with this version, it could still use some work. But if they do, it’s still better than the original.

I’m guessing BoP, otherwise every other prof will be screaming for a new buff to sell

All this crying because the blue post doesn’t mention them being raid wide. There’s also this key little segment of that post:

I could tolerate that screaming quite easily.

All 25 people will have to be within 8 yards of the drum once a minute.