Drums are Raid Wide

What about fight mechanics that prohibit the entire raid from stacking on one spot? You will still need multiple people with drums as the entire raid is not going to be able to stack in one spot at all times…

1 Like

Ez fix.

Only the person who uses the drum gets the benefit.

So 5% haste for 30 seconds 1 time.

It’s prolly the same dps increase as all other prof then.

2 Likes

I mean… it wouldn’t take too much extra movement to negate a portion of the benefit of the buff.

I guess drums will have to be something situationally powerful instead of 5% haste permanently with no thought applied, until the ZA patch, which is when they got buffed.

So drums get to be strong (if you can figure out the coordination aspect) but you’re probably not getting 100% uptime without sacrificing some dps to movement.

Sounds like a decent nerf to me, honestly. Way better than tinnitus. And then in the patch where they got strong, they will be gradually replaced by the greater drums as the pattern becomes available.

Again, it’s not the ideal fix and I hope they work on it a bit more, but it’s better than original drums.

1 Like

Yes.

Maybe.

1 Like

This would be fantastic, and not that I think apes has any reason to lie, but would be nice if they could provide a clip of the actual interaction instead of just an account.

Clip was linked to me by someone else, but overall it’s a sigh of relief. I would have preferred some video testing showing this, but it seems incredibly unlikely they would lie about this.

1 Like

That’s a relief. I think the tooltip from the greater drums as well as vague statements worried people the most. Sounds like Blizz balanced “we’ll make drums easier in one aspect and harder in another.” In fact, even if lesser drums are raid wide and greater are only party, then it becomes a tradeoff. I’d still advocate for greater to be raid wide, but at least with the news you presented it seems workable. Overall, cautiously optimistic.

As far as overwriting each other, I think they have to, otherwise content gets trivialized (well, that might be an exaggeration, but…) for min/maxers, or people who aren’t running a bunch of drum types fall too far behind.

Come to think of it, what are the other drum types?

Maybe it’s possibly worthwhile for a group that gets more out of another drum than haste to use a lesser drum to overwrite the 40 yard one.

I’ll have to look into that.

Melee stack, ranged stack, done.

Or even everyone stacking cuz there’s no reason to stay spread.

I’m actually liking the 8 yard limit more and more, going to make otherwise boring fights much more interesting.

2 Likes

I am uncomfortable with change.

To clarify, my understanding, is that it’s the greater drums that are raid wide.

This would make the meta happen in late TBC only requiring a handful of raiders to be LW.

The early one with the 8yrd restriction is accurate to TBC and we will see what the try hards do with it.

I like this change as it still allows LW to have a cool solo niche early (50 chargees and cheap mats allow to blow this even in random pvp as an extra cd if you want) and a raid wide utility later.

Good change.

Well.

Making drums Raid-wide would require much less leatherworkers.

Works for me.

I kinda feel the opposite as you. I have no interest in every single fight having a “coordinated” drum movement involved. I for one will never be going out of my way to get in range of drums lol.

4 Likes

Drums of War: 60 AP, 30 SP
Drums of Speed: 15% Move Speed
Drums of Restoration: 600 Mana and Health over 15 sec
Drums of Battle: 80 Haste

So if we have the ability to stack everyone for the same drum activation you’d need 16 people as LW to keep a permanent: 80 Haste, 60 AP, 30 SP, 30 Mp5, 30 Hp5, and 15% Move Speed.

YOU ALL HAVE TO BE LEATHER WORKERS AGAIN MWAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: Sorry, Restoration is only 15 sec, so you need twice the Resto drummers as everyone else, so 20 LW! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I could see resto drums being better for healer groups in some situations.

Also, I agree with what I think your stance was on this matter (correct me if I’m wrong, sometimes I get people mixed up)- if people want to parse, they should do parse strats. If not… they should cope with the fact they have 80 entire less haste.

Personally I think the whole thing is blown out of proportion. Let LW have nice things. We don’t need to nerf it to the ground.

Absolutely correct.

1 Like

The wowhead database update still shows the tooltip indicating “Party” Has anyone with beta access been able to test and confirm yet?

1 Like

Yes.
Everyone being LW.
Having a profession is good.
Work dignify the people.

Still don’t care, still won’t be LW :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Bumped because clearly most people havent read this.