Drums are not the problem. You are

You seem to care enough to come here to attack my person instead discussing the topic.

Good, let’s talk about them, see where we can find common grounds and where we can agree to disagree.

and we are back where you want to resort to ad hominem to build up your arguments.

What is the difference? If I log to my main here will you scrutinize to see and say “oh you got a bad parse on the 10th kill of Sapphiron, you are not worth to discuss this topic”.

Whatever. You will always look for something to simply not talk about the topic and attack the person which is talking instead.

yep youre correct i’m ‘attacking you’ because you dont have the nards to have the same energy on your main. you can look at my parses if you want; you can see my sapph parse is not the best, funnily enough.

yep. youre correct, i’m not here to talk about the topic, i already said that.

i don’t care if your main is in full t1 or youre a scarab lord with thunderfury and full 100s. it immediately discredits anything you have to say.

the joke here might be that the level 11 is your highest level character and you played on pservers and think you know what you’re talking about. 4head

I don’t know what to say, but I guess I’ll just say that you have less credibility to talk about this topic than anyone else here.

since the content is gonna be buffed in TBC people are gonna try and take advantage of everything they can, even if it means getting each raider to use a profession slot, making people reroll to a class they don’t even care for, etc. weird how you’re denying this, we’ve all seen what happened in classic.

That is true. The min-max vision exists now. You can’t get rid of it. But you can opt out.

I’m not denying this. It is already happening. Checking the TBC discord, guilds already asking LW + Enchanting. But these are hardcore guilds.

From what I know and we all know, you don’t need Drums to clear the content (until Sunwell at least).

Unlike World buffs (that had more power than the gear you were wearing), drums are not overpowered to make it essential for you to run.

Now, there are two different scenarios:

Are you someone clearing the content for parses/logs/showing off or because you’re having fun with your friends?

If it is the first, then you shouldn’t be complaining about Drums at all.

lol it’s true though

Drums bad.

“If they farm enough gear”.

Dude. People couldn’t hack it 3 weeks into Naxx … if anything, the players are much worse. And this is with WB consumes and a walkthrough guide.

Players are significantly better now.

15,000 guilds have cleared Naxx with a smaller playerbase. Vanilla was something like 120?

2 Likes

I’m still a little confused over the uproar over drums. I didn’t play TBC in its entirety. In fact I quit a handful of months in after SSC or mid SSC.

So do people want the TBC experience? Or something totally different.

Keep telling yourself that. 3 Weeks in, guilds were falling apart, and people were whining. They folded like lawn chairs. And that’s with WBs, consumes, and a walk through guide.

Clearing Naxx means 0. Zilch. You know what makes a good player? Adaptability. Persistence. Resilience. When the “meta” or walkthrough guide wasn’t exactly perfect, the current base fell apart.

In Vanilla we didn’t have fore sight lol. No flow charts for us. And yet, we still did it with our sub optimal raid comps and gear (because we couldn’t go back in time), while you Classic players have all the resources at your finger tips and still struggled.

The raiding community then vs the raiding community now?. The players then were so much better. Again. More patience. More adaptability. More resilient. More thought. You flow charters are a bunch of scrubs.

You can watch videos of “top” raiders in Vanilla.

Clicking.
Typing in chat.
Keyboard turning around and having no spatial awareness.

Players are much better now. Blizzard has said this multiple times; players are better, it’s a fact.

You know what those better players are playing? Retail.

I didn’t know much about Retail until i started playing Classic. I just assumed it was this easy mode version of WoW. When in reality, to raid at the highest levels in Retail is something that this player base isn’t able to do.

Things are too tedious. Wiping for hours on end is no fun right? Scrubs.

I’ll take a player with the right attitude. The ability to learn and adjust, but clicks buttons any day of the week. Clicking buttons in PvE isn’t the end of the world in Vanilla nor is button clicking by top raiders the norm. But cherry pick away.

Good job. You read the same walk through guide everyone else did and cleared Naxx.

Edit: I have heck of a lot more initial respect for guilds that are still trying and haven’t given up than any Naxx clearing guild.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.