Drums are not the problem. You are

Thereza.

you just don’t get it.

alot of people who play this game do so like a professional sport. we WILL take advantage of every single edge we can find if blizzard gives it to us.

We are tired of buff jailing our mains for days at a time. But we do it anyway.

All we want is for blizzard to make it less of a strain.

Vanilla is buff jailing,

TBC will be profession jailing.

1 Like

Let them do it.
What I am telling you is:

You :clap: are :clap: not :clap: one :clap: of :clap: those :clap: people!

You :clap: don’t :clap: need :clap: Drums :clap: to :clap: succeed.

Drums :clap: are :clap: not :clap: even :clap: comparable :clap: to :clap: world :clap: buffs.

1 Like

you can’t argue because you don’t understand

you are just trolling at this point for failing to realize it.

2 Likes

Yes, I can. I understand. I played the game, in a casual guild. I rolled drums because I thought it was fun. My melee mates rolled as well. The warrior couldn’t because he had BS and enchanting and didn’t want to get rid of enchanting (he had all enchants in the game).

No one asked us. We didn’t need it.

I am not trolling. If you think I’m trolling, it is because you are trolling, and you think since you are, others will do it too.

2 Likes

I agree with your idea, that watching the cheese is kinda sad.

And that is why I 100% don’t believe they can make the best decisions. The decisions they made in Classic were mostly bad and hurt the game.

The current iteration they are planning for LW drums is still a bad one, and it needs to be tuned further.

:clap: TBC :clap: Drums :clap: are :clap: HORRIFYINGLY :clap: bad :clap: game design :clap:

#somechanges is intended to rectify these gobsmackingly stupid design decisions. Like Drums.

#somechanges.

4 Likes

They kinda did. The greater drums recipe is a drop from ZA. Meaning you can’t really drop LW to level enchanting every time you get a new ring. If you do and re-level LW you’d have to wait for another greater drum recipe drop. JC is still cheesable though, since you only have to level it once and buy a zillion of the special gems (blizz should just make them unique or require JC to use though).

Nah, some changes need to be made. Not bad changes like this.

Or just be an Aldor ret paladin and never even look at JC to begin with.

Neither is world buffs, but good luck getting a raid spot without it.

The community cant be expected to maintain a even meta without cheese, so Blizzard has to.

2 Likes

Let’s all stop acting like the average Classic player, or guild for that matter, aspires to be uber l33t raiders that min/max to the extreme. If you’re really that worried about parses, you’re going to use whatever meta is available to you anyway. Most of those arguing against this will never have to worry about it. There will be plenty of guilds out there that don’t care. Sounds more like you all want the imagined status that comes from being a min/maxxer, aka elitist, but you want to put forth the least amount of effort possible to achieve it. It’s almost like you’re just mad it’s not easier to get into the top raiding guilds/groups on your servers.

2 Likes

The min/max culture will make drums all day.

Whats funny is how much its sought after, even the 8% parsers are all over the min/max. They be the same dudes bashing others for not using what the meta is while they parse their 8%.

2 Likes

True

True

False

This is a player-created problem.

Guessing you didn’t raid Sunwell in a serious guild back in TBC. This was false back then and will be even more blatantly false now that that mindset is more prevalent in the community writ large.

They’re mandatory if you want raid spots. If you don’t want to raid, that’s fine, but don’t quote random numbers that don’t mean anything to convince us that they’re optional. You bring LW or don’t get brought to raid, period.

It’s a big game dude. I’m sure non-leatherworkers will find plenty of opportunity. In fact, you might be stuck with some after you realize you might not be able to fill up a roster.

2 Likes

Yet another post about “Drums”, the sky is falling. This so funny to watch, keep up the crying!!!

Drums are as mandatory as Worldbuffs.
if u wanna speed run and clear everything fast with perfect parses, then u need them.

if u just wanna clear the raids, u still doing fine without them.

there are gonna be guilds for both type of raiders.

4 Likes

These are all choices YOU make, no one can really force you to.
There are plenty of guilds who don’t play in the extreme, I’m not particularly worried about finding a spot while doing alchemy. If you want to beat yourself up over a 16 year old game, have at it.

If you’re doing min/max, they are.

The only discussions worth having right now are:

• If we are stuck with these kinds of drums, then we’ll need to plan fight strategies around spread/stack positioning and on some fights this will be harder than others and will negatively impact some classes more than others.
  • If Blizzard truly intended for drums to not be mandatory, this doesn’t accomplish that goal and changes should be suggested.

That’s it. Blizzard wouldn’t have made these changes in the first place without the fact that drums are mandatory for min/max, and the change they made doesn’t alter that. So we need to figure out how to best use them in their current iteration while also suggesting changes that better fit with what Blizzard stated was their goal.

2 Likes