Drums are not the problem. You are

laughs in taking leather working for gear anyway =(

Honestly, I think there are far more “stack freely” fights than not.

My reply was a bit snippy, mb. It is possible that the caliber of player from then compared to now is completely different. I’m sure a sweaty meta comp guild stacked with warlocks and hunters as well as supporting dps such as spriests etc will blast through the content with little to no reliance on drum stacking.
Drums should be a nice little boost and not a mandatory one. The problem lies with mid to low tier guilds looking, reading and going over logs of the better ones and going “oh drums will make us clear content” and then pushing that idea.
It’s the trickle down effect which isn’t great for the overall health of the game for people who don’t want that sort of peer pressure to perform when it’s not necessary.
World Buffs were OP, but the content didn’t require them, just everyone expected people to have them.
We’ll just have to see what their raid testing brings out.

Have a good day :blush:

Correct.

If someone has a choice between a hance shaman with LW or a hance shaman without LW which are they going to take?

1 Like

Didn’t Blizzard literally say SWP was balanced around the use of Drums. Wouldn’t that claim make them mandatory?

Sunwell is the last raid of the game, after Black Temple. The hardest raid of TBC.
Until there, it is not needed.

World buffs were more important than Drums in terms of POWER.
You will probably be able to complete Sunwell without them as well.

Also, remember what Blizzard said:

So, they won’t nerf Drums, because that would require re-tuning Sunwell down, and that wouldn’t feel a classic experience in Sunwell.

Therefore, makes no sense, at all, nerf or add a debuff that never existed in first place.

Adding a new recipe for the “better” version of drums down the road will remediate the situation for those people with weak-mind/emotional state that cannot make a decision for themselves and need someone else to take the reins of their lives and decide for them.

That is, if you don’t wanna get LW, then just don’t do it. Do not look for a guild that is asking players to use LW. Make your own guild. Play with your friends.

If you can’t deal with making your own decisions, then don’t bother others with your problems.

The people in those guilds are 100% not ok with being forced to take LW. They will do it because they have to, not because they want to.

1 Like

The people in those top guilds can’t care less with picking up LW and doing it. This is 10000000% better than world buffs.

Thanks and best regards,
A real player.

1 Like

No, they will absolutely take LW and not feel good about it either. It’s not fun or interesting.

Also, “a real player” is a bit of a weird thing to say since we all pay our sub and we’re no more valuable than the next person. Just because you play casually doesn’t mean everyone else does, and just because you face different pressures and make different decisions doesn’t mean something you don’t understand isn’t a problem.

Yes, we are.

A real player because I do play and I do intend to get LW. You on the other hand are not part of the players the previous poster just mentioned.

Therefore, you getting LW or not, we couldn’t care less.

But hear me: if you are going to play in a top guild, then you will have to do whatever they ask you to do, otherwise you will be kicked and good riddance. If you wanna just play with your friends, then play. You will be able to clear all the content without drums. If you struggle a bit (in Sunwell), no worries, as you get gear you will be able to clear everything. If even then you can’t and the difference is just the drums, ask yourself if your ego is bigger than your will to beat the game. Then let me know.

It’s almost like this is exactly what we were talking about and why we want the drums changed.

1 Like

gonna be wild where guild recruitment is actually going to have to say “require LW” or “we dont care about your professions”

Then you will have to ask them to remove the crafted weapons, because you will be asked to.

You will have to ask them to remove arenas, because you will be forced to do Arenas to get the PvP weapons for raid. That is right.

You will always find something that they have to change so you don’t have to comply to get into a top guild that is asking those things.

The reason is: you want it both ways. You want to play with the bests without having to compromise anything.

Why don’t you go play with the likes of you that do not want to have LW? You don’t need to wipe it off the game or nerf it. Just don’t use or require anyone to use. If anything, ban the usage in your guild / raid.

See. Your problem is resolved.

The top guilds are requiring LW. I don’t understand why people want to go to those top guilds but don’t want to have LW.

The just have to settle for a casual / any guild that doesn’t ask for it. Not hard, there will be hundreds of guilds in that situation.

yea im hoping this is the case. sometimes i read these forums and think damn near 80% of people think LW is a mandatory thing. lol.

1 Like

We rolled LW (after changing professions so many times during TBC) because we found it fun to do more damage and maintain the buff. We used fun macros around that and we laughed on Ventrillo talking about the buff.

There was one guy that even played the song of the Drums when he was drumming.

Nah, not hurting anyone at all. Stop being a cringey neckbeard. I truthfully hope they destroy drums.

1 Like

nether is world buffs but guess how that went!

World buffs are not the 1%. They actually increased damage by over 100%, doubling or tripling it. World buffs made you hit like a pool noodle to a sledge hammer.

Myself and most others dont want to have to bring drums, but as it is now you have to or you are hurting the raid

but you also probably dont get WBuffs and think that it changes nothing Mr. level 40 alt

Not my fault you subject yourself to this as opposed to advocating change from Blizzard.

Stay salty, sweatlord.