Drums and a clear lack of understanding

You misunderstood my point.

My point was the opposite, it was that people dont need to worry about their parses. Everyone on these forums acting like they are in the top 1%.

That was my whole point.

You turn it into some sort of dick-measuring contest anytime someone mentions parses.

1 Like

No, i was using their parses as a measurement to reinforce my argument that most people dont need to worry about being that min/max.

Like i have said before, the people on these forums act like they are all in the top 1%.

When in reality most of these dudes on here are blue parsers, Acting like they gonna pop drums and be a 90+ parser…

I’ve been in the electronic entertainment business since before Interplay™ was a thing. This is one of the dumbest design decisions I’ve ever seen. I mean, you can smell the stupid through your monitor. There have been worse ideas, but fixing the drum meta was a layup, an easy dunk. Instead it was a turnover with technical, two foul outs and a career ending ankle injury. Great job, brain trust.

1 Like

So what was the reason you were getting world buff in phase 3-4 in BWL for? Did you do it because Apes, Salad Bakers, Progress, or Onslaught were doing it?

5% haste is less than 5% dps. It might be close to the same on a melee toon, but things like dots aren’t modified by haste iirc in TBC, and certain healers get very little value from haste etc.

Much closer to 3% overall. Now, certainly using drums during a burst window for a certain spec might surpass 5% at least for that small window.

But 3% would be a pretty good estimate. Even if you had two identical runs on the same boss, crit rng etc would keep us from getting an exact number.

Did you not learn anything from what I have been saying?

Am I a 55 parser?

Go look at my phase 3 and 4 BWL logs.

That’s what I thought, it didn’t seem right that 5% haste translated to 5% dps.

Even less of a reason to care if you’re just trying to play and aren’t really in that 90+ parser range.

1 Like

I’m not trying to say you’re wrong here but I don’t think it’s really an issue of thinking they’re the top 1% or if their parsing a 30.

The fact is, MANY players in the community actually do want to do good, and actually want to perform. There’s something magical about going into your raid night and feeling super good when you topped damage. Do they need LWing or World Buffs to do that? Not entirely no, but they’ll feel much better about themselves and it’s impact on their player power. Everyone is turning it into a just don’t do it kind of thing but that’s not the point either.

A simple change such as removing the LWing requirement would solve all of this. People can use drums without feeling forced into it, and people can choose not to use them if they don’t want to min-max.

1 Like

So you did it for parses right? What makes you think people won’t use drums for the same reason. You got world buffs despite not being the 1%, you did because you want to see big numbers. Also again, 90 parses as a frost mage, good job on getting gear and crits fam. Also a 90% average from only 3 runs kekw. Its almost like saying you have a 4.0 in college after attending only one semester.

96 average.

Yes my BWL Parses from phase 6 my runs aren’t always logged because it’s a gdkp.

You brought phase 3 and 4 BWL and notice how you didn’t use those logs because I parse over a 92+ on those BWL logs?

So sure I’m not in the top1%, I also opted to use T2 for easier loot since I’m not greedy, and T2 is BEHIND actual mage Bis.

I even opted not to take gear in AQ40 in phase 5 despite still parsing 93+. I did that in T2 which by then is much much worse than actual BIS.

You can’t dis me on my logs bud. I perform no matter what.

jeeze you guys really derailed this. I really don’t care for parsing. All I want is for my raid team to not have to stack 20 leatherworkers.

3 Likes

But you performed by using world buffs yes? Are you not going to want to perform in TBC? If you do, you’re going to have to play in the drums meta. If anybody wants to perform in TBC, you have to play in the meta.

Sure people can of course choose not to but then like think about those guilds or players that don’t get them. Ask yourself, when you look at logs, are you more likely to look at what Virility or YIKES on Whitemane are doing or are you looking at Epoch of Thought’s logs? I don’t want to do the drum meta no more than I enjoyed getting world buffs but TBC seems to be going down this road. Mind you its not so bad for me since I would most likely be going leather-working anyways but I know a bunch of people that are not happy about it. It sucks that a lot of friends and people I play with in different guilds are going to have to go through this. People who play this game now will take what ever opportunities to perform in a game and look what happened to classic as a result. It why I ended up quitting recently.

1 Like

There’s a big chance you are one of those guys who get all the WB in classic and parse 46 or something like that lmao.

Any classic+ers in the chat? Based on the drums Idea? HAHAHAHAHHAHA

eek. all this worry is reminding me that enjoying the game may require avoiding raiding. haha. i’ll happily collect stuff for raiders to use and run a dungeon every now and then

I’m gonna roll skinning/LW on my hunter too. There is a lot of money to be made crafting the honored rep 70 blue sets early on. The leg armor enchants are gonna be a steady flow of money also. Bear will be herb/alch and Fisherbear/cookerbear.

What are you trying to say here?

Think carefully before you speak.

This. All this stuff - WB meta, the gkpr or whatever, the dungeon carries, server queues, dead realms, etc.

All player created problems. People need to stop complaining. You made your bed. Now sleep in it.

Top 1% in what? Parses? Speed clears?

Congrats?