Drums and a clear lack of understanding

Sorry but that’s not how Parses work.

You average a 79. I don’t care if your world buff fall off when you step into the raid and you kill a boss on average you parse a 79.

And you’re right I don’t have any current raid parses I stopped raiding. All my parses from bwl are gdkps.

Let’s look at when I actually did raid.

Your average AQ40 parse in phase 5 was a 79 once again.

Mine was a 93.

My average parse in BWL in phase 6 in a GDKP is a 96 without flasking and only ony.

My point wasn’t to bash you, you are slightly above average which is good, but that’s not how most are on these forums.

Them needing to be LW is silly, they see a meta and they think they need to follow it. They don’t. Them parsing blue without LW are still gonna parse blue with LW.

2 Likes

we don’t do AQ with WB’s this phase due to us doing it after naxx. Phase 5 my average was 88. Sweet, and yet you still don’t understand top guilds, and top players will always do what is meta. Changing drums just allows us to use a different profession. I get you want #nochanges, but things changed in classic. Layering, AV, WB’s, Lotus are a few of the big ones.

Also, if drums aren’t that big of a deal, then why do you care if they do change it? Sounds like you aren’t going LW anyways. Why do you care?

1 Like

It’s not so much that I don’t want you to go leather working I just find it funny that everybody thinks they need to do with the meta is that was my whole argument.

Like I guarantee you if you look up the average Parses of the people saying they need to go LW they are blue and green parsers.

My point here wasn’t to say that I am better than everybody and I parse higher when I was raiding. It’s simply to say that most people don’t need to worry about the meta.

Idk my average parse when I did raid was over 90+, let’s see your Parses, hop on that classic toon.

Prove me wrong.

I agree there are probably people complaining that are below average in parsing. I would bet your guild had an engineering requirement to raid in phase 5, and if they didn’t then I would assume 3/4’s of your raid was engineering anyways. So you all fell into the meta of raiding.

So my next question is, are you going LW? are you planning on raiding in the same guild you did in AQ? Are they going to require LW?

1 Like

I will most likely be going LW as I’m going hunter because I love pet classes, which BM is what I played in retail.

I would of been hunter in classic but I don’t like marksman.

I won’t be changing my prof tho and I will also be skinning instead of min/maxing 2 prof with dps increases.

I left the guild as I raided hardcore for a while and wasn’t having fun so I won’t be with them in Tbc

All I do now are gdkps, sometimes they log them sometimes they don’t.

This idea that the meta is only relevant for top end guilds is misleading. Going from non-meta to meta is the marginal gain; with drums, it’s about 3-4% raid dps. Whether your guild is at a point where that small amount is literally necessary to beat the encounter (i.e. the cutting edge) or that small amount is functionally necessary to beat the encounter (i.e. not the cutting edge), the result is the same: using the meta will increase the odds of defeating encounters. Yeah, the dad guilds have other means to make marginal gains (lol get gud), but when people have limited resources (i.e. time, ability, computer, internet connection, guildmates) they’re incentivized to maximize the ones that they can. And given how gearing works - loot gained from downing bosses helps to defeat current bosses, which drop loot to help defeat future bosses - missing kills can have a compounding effect (thankfully not as bad in TBC as in Classic).

And fundamentally a game is about fun, which is (partly) about interesting choices. Heavily incentivizing people to take up LW solely for drums is neither fun (it’s an RPG, after all) nor interesting. At least the Classic “forced” spec was - engineering - is full of fun items to use (and it’s not as required as LW in TBC).

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t know why all these people would not want this change. Sadly conversations end poorly on the forums when telling someone you don’t agree with them.

1 Like

I’m going to be that person that says you wont be needing drums to do majority of TBC’s raids/heroics. Sunwell most likely, but for all the raid bosses? you are smoking something to think you need drums for every fight. Please share whatever it is you are smoking.

Imagine trying to dis people when you’re 7th on Whitemane for speed behind 2 horde guilds.

1 Like

You don’t need world buffs for classic raids but almost every guild stacked them every phase. There are mid level alliance guilds that get WCB, you might be the only one smoking something good around here.

I agree that you don’t need world buffs to do content, but guess what, EVERYONE IS PUSHING FOR IT.

1 Like

That still doesn’t discredit my 90+ parse history.

I also wasn’t trying to dis people, I was merely saying that most people don’t need to bother with the min/max mentality.

What I said is still correct, if a person is a 40 parser, having drums isn’t going to all of a sudden make them a 90+ parser.

Congrats on your 57 average!

To be honest its the communities problem not blizzards, we created this stupid meta bs. if you don’t like it. be the change you want to see and don’t participate in it. my 2cents

2 Likes

Probably the best thing I’ve read in the forums all day.

I’m leaving my super sweaty tryhard guild on purpose for TBC. It’s the best expansion ever, and I have extremely fond memories of it. I want to enjoy my time in TBC, with a raid team that stacks the correct comp and plays well.

We can still dominate all of TBC content without needing 10 hunters and 5 locks in the raid. We don’t need 35min clear times in Kara. I’d rather have the opposite tbh-- I want to enjoy the content that the old blizz guys created and not rush thru it with a speedclear meta.

I also play on pserver, and although we sweat there in the LW meta, I can assure everyone here that drums rotations are not needed to clear the content. Not even a little bit.

Lol imagine thinking parses for classes other than warriors and rogues even matter.

The mentality classic players have is to min-max to level well beyond the point that is reasonable. You’re on Whitemane and should know the state of the server due to the world buff meta. Mind you, we’re not going to have that same level of degeneracy where we’ll have guilds literally trying to sabotage other guilds speed runs but the difference is that level of toxicity is going to be turned inwards into guilds. It’s not healthy for the game for people to be borderline abusive in a game that came out more than a decade ago. Given that TBC content up to BT is possible to complete while still wearing T3, what do think is going to happen when guilds just blast through Kara, Gruuls, and Mag with little to no issue? Speed running meta comes back my friend. Even with pre-nerf values these fights are just going to fall over. The same mistakes are going to happen.

Also fun way of saying you buy gold seeing that 90% of GDKPs on Whitemane run on RMT.

1 Like

I buy no gold. What people do is up to them, you would be saying that to all GDKPs and not just my servers.

Speed meta will come back because that’s the only way to be competitive, I never said otherwise I mean I was 90+ parsing in a trash guild with a 2 hour BWL, so I don’t really think excuses fly with people who can’t parse.

Imagine thinking warrior and rogue parsing is hard. Let’s be real here, no class in classic is hard, no rotation is complex enough to be considered hard.

My whole point, which will be ignored regardless so it’s a waste of time, but it was to showcase that most people can play how they want.

Like your mythic Parses, which average a 57, you really gonna sit here and say that if you just had drums you would be 90+??

You won’t be, just like they won’t be, it’s the exact same for the people who are 1700 rated arena players, you think if they just magically had WOTF or orc racials they would just all of a sudden become 2200+ rated players?

Not drums but thats the literal situation with PI and broken trinkets such as IQD currently in Retail atm. So much so that logs now show in rankings how many external DPS buffs a person gets next to the log.

The classic form of that is not only world buffs but how many world buffed warriors you have in your raid, since your overall damage can at most times be determined by how fast the boss dies after you hit peak burst ends such as trinkets in combination to RNG on Crits; some classes do escape that such as fire mage but again its down to RNG on Crits.

With the way TBC is going you’re going to have that same situation with drums being cycled in. Again, same mistakes are coming in TBC. Do we need to have classic logs show how many drums were used in a raid to determine what is actually going on like they have in retail for externals? I don’t think so. Should warcraft logs then invalidate logs that use more than certain amount of drums on a boss fight or raid like they have for trash clears or the number of pertri flasks used?

1 Like

I mean I agree with you, the meta is so heavily followed because of what the top 1% does and that was my point. Not everyone needs to follow that trend.

I’m not smart enough to determine how good drums are, is 5% haste just 5% dps?

What is the dps increase from the other prof that have specific buffs to them?

How far apart is the unique gems from JC vs drums?

5% is great and all but if it lasts half the fight 2.5% dps doesn’t seem that big when I’m.sure the other prof are infact adding to your dps over the course of a whole fight.

Never seen someone with such a weird superiority complex over numbers in a video game.

1 Like