Druids aside, who tf is running 30 dungeons

How the hell is it unfair? People are putting time into farming and getting gold for said time. Is it unfair that some people put in more time than you? It is literally the definition of fair! You can do the same thing! Nothing is stopping you except the amount of time you want to put into it.

Whats unfair is that you want to control how much someone can farm and spend their time.

its just mages doing mage things. until a warrior can do the same farm its unfair

???

So level up a mage then if you want to do the same types of farms. There is plenty of diamond flask farms warriors can do that are similarly lucrative. But my guess is you’re too lazy to even try.

i shouldnt have to level up a mage to make easy gold

You shouldn’t have to put in the effort to make the same amount of gold? Great mentality. You are a genius.

how about you level up another mage, so you have more instance lockouts :slight_smile:

i am ranking i have 80 days playedo n this warrior, dont talk to me about effort crybaby

this is my 2nd time ranking lmao dont talk about effort

I just wish my life were so simple that this is what I worry about.

Not even on the radar.

3 Likes

Ok, so if thats true…then why are you dumping on other people putting in effort? Do you think people who put in 1/4 of the effort ranking should get the same reward? That’s the exact logic you’re using for your argument.

If you spend more time farming you’ll still have more gold even after these changes, you’ll just hit dimishing returns when you have to move out of dungeons to farm.

because you could be hitting rank 14 easily if you are doing 30 dungeon lockouts a day, but i dont think anyone is, i think its just a buncha mages crying while sitting on top of treasure chests and gold coins

It’s already been explained above that you can reach this limit with 3 hours of farming on Friday night and 3 hours on Saturday morning and be locked for instances and raids on your alts and main the entire day Saturday.

It seems like most people just have a lack of imagination. This change is poorly targeted and damages a significant number of people who are playing totally reasonably. There’s a lot of other more targeted changes you could make to prevent botting (or any other behavior you like to limit) that wouldn’t harm people doing standard classic WoW activities like farming arena, MCP, HOJ.

And again, the point of classic is to play vanilla as it was, which includes a lot of idiosyncratic things that people love. Having idiosyncratic unique things like MCP in the game is exactly why people love classic WoW and not retail, which feels bland and homogenized. This change fundamentally betrays their promise not to alter the core gameplay of vanilla WoW.

It also betrays the core design philosophy of basically all MMO games, that you can play as much as you want, how you want.

You’re right, but I don’t care about making gold at all. Right now it’s just a side effect of farming for Blade of Eternal Darkness. A grind that is getting extended significantly because of this change.

People should be able to play how they want. We shouldn’t have to deal with these arbitrary limits under the guise of eliminating botting. We’ve had the 5 instances per hour cap for 15 years. Why is it a problem now? Was it a problem for the 9 months leading up to this? Was anybody complaining about it? NO!

yes if you are farming vc and stocks im sure u can

I don’t care about gold. I care about player agency. I shouldn’t have to plan my gameplay around an arbitrary 30 instance cap.

and you dont have to. so stop pretending like you do

You didn’t say it was a metric to gauge interest. You said it was a metric to gauge that people didn’t want it.

Those are two completely different statements. Interest can mean they are for or against it. Do you know what goal post moving is?

It became a problem as most of the population has hit 60 and many guilds have BWL on farm, and there just appears to be a lot of brute force dungeon farming going on…

Of course, this wasn’t a problem 9 months ago. It wasn’t a problem even just 3 or 4 months ago.

I have read the comments and have seen that the vast majority of them are against the change…so most comments on a thread that are largely negative. Still doesn’t mean anything to you?

Hey, r14 warrior capable of hitting instance lock in high level dungeons here. Your point is complete nonsense. A players class has nothing to do with this being an issue.

P.S. I don’t have a mage past level 40.

“Literally thousands”

No, no you have not done LITERALLY THOUSANDS

This is the kind of hyperbole that gets people upset about nothing

Someone will say something like “dude i ran that like 50 times before it dropped” when in reality that “50” was probly like 15-20 (not talking about sgc specifically just anything in general)

People are prone to WAY over exaggerate their claims and then trick themselves into thinking that number is real when they go to recall it later

1 Like