Druid vs rogue PvP

I tend to spend most of my time on WoW pvping… just want to make sure rogue is the right pick for it…I thought it was before people started saying they’re poo. Aren’t rogues supposed to be the best world pvp class?

Your me a priest saying rogues a strong in classic? You play a rogue? Cause don’t u mulch rogues? Lol

There isn’t a ‘best’ class. It’s all rock paper scissors. Every class has classes they are weak too, and classes they are strong against.

Last night I was stomping rogues flat, but then a frost mage would come along and wreck me cause I couldn’t get anywhere near him. But then my warlock buddy would show up and wreck the mage. Meanwhile the rogue respawns and destroys the warlock.

1 Like

Mute would like to speak to all of you about Rogues.

Both are good Rogue would be the better all out killer he has more tools. Druid however would be able to stun and heal himself or run away un snareable, unsheepable etc…

Both classes can win 99% of their wpvp encounters just because they can pick their battles with stealth. Aside from stealth though both classes are completely different - so pick the class that interests you more. Rogues are all about burst / cc / managing cooldowns, while druids are all about poke and run tactics / sneaky supporting.

4 Likes

Wow how the tide ebs and flows? You posted 5 days ago how Rogues were killing you and it was the end of Hunters as we know it?

2 Likes

In vanilla wow, no class can kill all the others…rogues are going to suck against high armor targets as they are purely physical damage…

without the PvP trinkets… unless you are undead, your ability to get out of fears etc… is severely hampered.

1 Like

Is that so? So my Hemo spec using garrotte, rupture and Hemo serrated blades ignoring armor coupled with a expose armor means i suck at pvp?

I hope to come across you sometime…

1 Like

if you are using them against a bear it does…which is what the convo was about…

the amount of armor you can negate is negligible to a bear… cause we have so much…

you are much better off using poisons and hoping that they shift out to cast abolish, and attempting to stun and burst them down before they can get back to bear.

Bleeds ignore all armor value. so his white hits may not do much but if he can stack bleeds on you and get a slow on you he can probably get you to shift to try to heal and then try to stun lock you and burst you. That is unless you do the normal druid thing and HOT up and GTFO.

2 Likes

LOL I was about to post this. MeLeE LeeeWAy I$ Br0kEn QQ

2 Likes

lol… dot heavy. no good druid dots anything in pvp save moonfire to keep rogues and other druids out of stealth. and you want to ice nova blink me? rofl. ok, bear form, charge. mages are one of the few classes in the game that a good feral dumps on.

Rogues are awesome. My next 60 will probably be a Rogue. Sure if I see a rogue first and can get some spells off I will be fine but if they catch me slipping I don’t have an I win button. I wish I could confidently say that I can beat any other class but it’s just not true.

Win the fights you can and corpse run for the rest.

I think he is talking about bleeds as dots. Isn’t that a normal way for a Feral druid to fight? Cat form to put all those bleeds on and then switch to bear form to weather a storm while they tick. IDK honestly I think any melee class will have problems with Frost mages unless they out gear them. The only thing the druid has over any class is the ability to heal, mobility, and a large hp pool in bear form it’s not like they are going to burst anyone down in a few global cd’s

Just lol. You don’t need cd’s to kill people, unless you’re a very bad rogue player. You can’t actually be this silly

1 Like

They are, you get to choose your fights. You see that warlock over there? Stealth until they use a couple life taps and then pounce on them. You see that Mage? Stealth until they are low on Mana and then pounce.

As a rogue, you get to dictate every fight and play to your strengths. If you don’t think they are strong then play other classes and see how wpvp fights go when a rogue jumps on you. Personally it sucks as a Warlock as I can only use instant spells as rogues can interrupt and delay any casts

1 Like

LOL i don’t care what you said because you’re wrong. Rogues without cds are weak. I have ZERO issues with rogues when their cds are down.

They’re OP with cds up thats just the way classic is. You act like other classes don’t have counters for rogues they just open up and derrppp u stand there watch em dps you down.

So rogue can kill anybody no prob with no cds now?

What wow are you playing? Am I the only player that knows how to pvp vs rogues or is it just a bunch of casuals in this thread.

Classic is all situational. If its a duel 1v1 straight up and they DONT have their cds they are at a pretty big disadvantage.

Watch the streamers duel guy, they will literally wait 10mins for rogue to get prep because its just not fair without cds on a rogue.

A rogues role in a premade if they get taken to a premade varies very little. Depending on the enemy composition a rogue could be in Flag room on Defense or chasing the FC all game OR they’re sitting nodes in AB.

Rogues are on the weaker side in pvp in classic thats just how it was and why they received enormous buffs going into TBC, more so than any other class.

Two things:
Your death coil allows you a free fear which should basically give you a win against every non-undead rogue no matter what, and no you don’t HAVE to use instants because you can always juke a kick

These guys are gunna be hella upset when bgs come out and they realize what rogue really is in group pvp.

They think rogue is OP because they attack unsuspecting people in Wpvp that are doing other things at the time.