Druid tanking Prince

Anyone else having trouble druid MT’ing Prince? First phase is fine, but as soon as he switched to dual wield, he just beats the crap out of me. Checking my logs, its just crush, 3k 3k 2k, crush, 2.5k, crush. I’ve got nearly 30% dodge, clefthoof set, BiS neck and rings, cenarion mace, etc. Gear shouldn’t be an issue, just seems like his crushing me wayyy too often.

We switched to paladin MT, he took almost zero damage phase one, and phase two he dipped below half health maybe once.

1 Like

Paladin is the best Prince tank in the game…small moderate hits vs 8 charges of Holy Shield per 10s.

It sucks, but if your having issues macro Ironshield Potions to a Bear Form power shift. You should have it anyways and it’s a nice AC boost of 2500.

Was your Prot Paladin using Devo Aura while you were tanking? The TPS from Ret Aura is pretty horrid on a single target, especially for a Bear.

Additionally if you can get an Inspiration/Ancestral casting healer for yourself, that adds 15% AC from everything…including Ironshield and Dev Aura as well as gear.

Edit: I don’t know what BiS list your using, but in TBC certain gear choices are situational depending on encounter. We are too early in progression for a Bear to count on Dodge because of it’s current low value and its randomness. So for Prince EH, ie HPs and AC, are king.

1 Like

Yeah I’m starting to see that now. I’m pushing about 21k armor, around 69.5% physical damage reduction. With priest/shaman armor buff i’m at cap, and I did have a priest healer. Just getting super slapped by prince.

2 Likes

P2 prince just sucks

One of the best druids in the game:

Fasc is a self absorbed joke. He boasts that he’s the best druid in the game and then makes a post that he can’t tank Prince. Very typical of him.

3 Likes

How many items ingame do you have named after you?

Please tell me which item is named after him /lol

Living rent free

2 Likes

Check out the druid section under the community heading:

2 Likes

I’d say its more of Fasc named himself after the item, not the other way around. Dude’s head is in the clouds. Either way, IDC what he says or does.

1 Like

Funny way of saying you’re wrong

3 Likes

Odd, you’re the one crying about him.

Unrequited love, perhaps?

3 Likes

Fasc on an alt, also very typical. Again, I don’t care. My situation has nothing to do with Fasc’s post, and referencing him here does nothing.

1 Like

You shouldn’t as yet be anywhere near the cap for AC. By the end of TBC sure, but not now.

AC cap vs. a level 73 boss is 35,880 AC.
AC cap vs. a level 70 is 31,762 AC.

For a Bear I agree, its certainly not a failure on a Druid for having initial issues until fleshed out in more raid gear.

With that being said Dreamsphere’s raid comp has a Prot Paladin…but that doesn’t take away a tanks desire to tank a boss into the ground!~

When I don’t care about something, I don’t post about it.

3 Likes

I’m better geared than the prot paladin, so it made sense for me to MT it, but it was much easier with him tanking it by a long shot.

You’re the one who threw a hissy fit when he got mentioned not me

1 Like

…who are you?

You still wanna tank it though…I know ya wanna!!!

Stuff like that chaps me too :frowning: