Prince Malchezaar: Enfeeble on Tank Bug

So fun thing happened tonight, Prince Malchezaar applied his Enfeeble on me (Main Tank) during the P1->P2 transition and I subsequently exploded and died.

• Threat wasn’t an issue, I had a healthy 20k+ lead.
  • The Enfeeble went out right as he gained his axes
  • The Enfeeble went out right as we hit Heroism

Not sure of the set of special circumstances, but this make the fight very RNG annoying if it keeps happening.

Please fix Blizzard! <3

EDIT: So apparently consensus says that because the Prince drops his target when summoning his axes, every player becomes momentarily eligible for Enfeeble which includes the Tank. This is still an unfortunate bug, but it is entirely avoidable by transitioning after Enfeeble goes out. Ideally, groups should transition after the Shadow Nova goes out as well so everyone gets maximum uptime with Heroism/Bloodlust for the nasty Phase 2.

3 Likes

I think there is a threat wipe on that transition, but cant confirm for you, but I remember the strat to avoid that was for the DPS to stop hard just before phase 2 because its not aggro that is the check but actual threat, so the wipe might be the issue? not sure mang.

1 Like

guess you should have stacked more dodge man

2 Likes

Happened to us on our first kill too. Need to time enfeeble away from the phase 2 swap as there is a split moment where he will drop target and allow enfeeble to hit the tank

1 Like

That’s probably it, happened twice and was very obnoxious.

yeh my team got that too, seemed to be tied to the transition

1 Like

Have you considered gittin’ gudder?

(Sorry, couldn’t stop myself.)

4 Likes

This consisted of me saying “STOP DPS” to the audible groans of poor ranged DPS who were pumping so well that time…

I’m just really glad double healer drops happened because honestly my two healers had to work their butts off during that fight to keep mana afloat and my health topped.

1 Like

He can be difficult, that’s for sure. What you need to remember is that you face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands. It’s also difficult because all realities, all dimensions are open to him.

8 Likes

Whoa.

Topical lore.

1 Like

As a kara OT I don’t even go in on that fight. I literally stand in the door in cat form and keep FF up. I have been reduced to a mobile crit totem for the hunters lol. To anyone who disagrees: yes, I know I’m bad.

2 Likes

If you believe this is a bug then it should be in the bug report section and not in general classic discussion.

Excellent gatekeeping.

Well done.

Here’s a star to let you know how well you’ve protected the forums: :stars:

We all, every one of us, truly appreciate the sacrifices you’ve made to keep this sub-forum pure.

6 Likes

This is not a bug. This is how it always has been. Older bosses had mechanics That overlap At unfortunate transitions. Part of the skill back then was to avoid said overlap by speeding dps or slowing dps at the right intervals.

I miss those days. Because dps couldn’t just go 100% the entire fight. They had to sometimes back off and stop or wait for things to happen

It explicitly is, it is just a very easily reproducible bug that reveals that Enfeeble works by eliminating the current TARGET from the list and that is interrupted by a moment of RP by the boss when he summons his axes.

Enfeeble is intended to never hit the main tank since it reduces your max health to 1 and short of pure RNG there is zero methods to survive.

There’s a critical difference between slowing down/speeding up DPS to avoid a colliding timer that hurts success or threatens a wipe vs slowing down/speeding up DPS to avoid the Boss hitting the Tank with an ability the Tank is never supposed to get once.

I’ll heal you any day fasc.

1 Like

Well mate you signed a contract with blizzard, they are not obligated to fix it at all.

Better just accept it as is, since you have no rights to complain.

Pure entitlement.

I know, that’s why I asked and said “please”, I’m not bothered if they don’t.

1 Like

Oh cause you added “please” that makes it better than the other threads where people ask for fixes?

Man must suck to be on the other end of the stick.

Just pause before transitioning between phases for the enfeeble to go out.

1 Like