Druid Normal Rez

It’s unfair that only certain classes can Rez and heal. Give everyone the ability to Rez and heal /s.

1 Like

I think this is the detail that led to the rest.

• Homogenous healers (Druids didn’t need nourish spam)
  • Every DPS/Tank class has the same interrupt
  • Spreadsheet gear that has no intricacies
  • Reduced stats to ‘simplify’
  • Random membership access to content.

These killed the community, and the community dying, killed the OG playerbase and replaced it with whales and basement warriors. Making the game into something where other players were no more significant than NPCs as a steppingstone to your loot, is the fundamental issue with Retail.

3 Likes

Watcher came on as a raid designer in Wrath (he was part of the Ulduar team as his first), and slowly took over to become the Game Director for WoW. He was the original poster of the argument that C’thun was mathematically impossible, and he had the spreadsheets to prove it. Since he’s been in charge, WoW has become more of a numbers game broken up by RNG, than a Role Playing Game. The grind isn’t for interesting things any more, it’s just the grind because the numbers demand it.

3 Likes

We’ll count that as two out of three, then.

1 Like

Lmao no you don’t

1 Like

god, i was forced to raid tank in vanilla tbc and i can only really say…i hated it. being a tank is just awful all away around so i have a deep respect for the people who play them: i won’t do it ever again. for the life of me, i can’t understand how people can stand it. /salute all you dedicated tanks out there <3

1 Like

Im not against making a deep resto talent take 1 less point then adding regular resurrection in for deep resto
Druids. It’s not like letting druids have rez was a core feature of wotlk or anything.

There is a difference between crying about unnecessary problems, then there is something like this which would literally have no effect on anyone other than druids.

1 Like

Yes, I do. As an example, I had a great laugh in General chat in Shattrath when someone was LF2M dps and heal for Botanica, he ignored my whisper and continued posting in general chat. So I called him out, asking him why my healing wasn’t good enough. He didn’t want a Druid healer because I didn’t have rez.
I got this treatment throughout Classic, TBC-prepatch, and now all through TBC thus far.
If you #noChanges people want historically accurate, then in the spirit of historical accuracy Druids will keep asking for a normal rez until they get it.
Giving Druids a normal rez isn’t going to homogenize healers, they all have different playstyles. Not having a normal rez like other hybrid classes was a design based on flawed logic and should have been rectified in Classic.
We can do this all day.

Except you’d then have a B-Res with no downside.

Except then you’d had a self-rez with no downside.
They can just reincarnate after a wipe and rez everyone.
PvP would be unfair if they could come back to life and kill you and then rez their buddies.
Imagine if these were arguments against Shamans having a normal rez on top of Reincarnate, but they DO get a normal rez and reincarnate.
Why does Druid having a normal non-CD rez like every other healer hurt you so much?
Why does a Druid being able to run a dungeon as a healer, without all the stigma behind it, cause so many problems for you?

1 Like

I think you’re under the mistaken assumption that this game is still being developed. The game is what it is, learn to live with it or play Shadowlands.

3 Likes

Whoa there, slow down before you hurt someone with that Seal of the Martyr that didn’t exist until 3.2.0. We’re just trying to talk about some issues that existed in the original and now once again relevant TBC-classic class design issues.

Why are you so oddly fixated on Shammies? You need to get over it.
Classes are different. If you think Shammies are the best then make one.

Resto Druids have arguably the best heal in the game with Lifebloom. They get a B-Rez which can be a game changer. They can Stealth, go Bear in a pinch and have instant cast flight form.

2 Likes

But they don’t get a normal rez like every other healer, so people don’t want to run with a Druid healer. Sure, “some” people will work around it, but no other class with a healing tree has to do this, or is singled out from dungeons.
Nobody ever turns me down on my Shaman healer, and rarely does anyone have a problem with my paladin healer unless they want AoE heals, which is super rare. I only recently started healing as priest and I would only ever have a problem with priest healers if they ran discipline for dungeons.
Shaman was just the easiest example. Why does a 20-min CD battle rez /require/ that they don’t get a normal rez? History has proven that having both didn’t break the game. Adding smal QoL changes won’t turn tbc classic into retail.

Let’s compromise and just give Druids Nourish so I can never cast it now instead of waiting to never cast it in WoTLK Classic.

This is spurious. My heal partner for our Kara group is a Druid and he never has problems getting into 5 man PuG’s as a healer.

1 Like

Another “it never happens to me, so it must not be true” post. It happens to me every day. Every day.
This happens to me every day. I often have to form my own groups, and very often people will quit when they see I am a druid healer.
My friends and I have to go out of our way to secure a Shaman, Paladin or Priest as soon as possible, and sometimes they still quit.

Yeah resto Druids are so underpowered in TBC /s.

Sir, I can’t hear you over your Seal of the Martyr. Too much static, must be the time distortion. You’re too far in the future.
Jokes aside, the issue isn’t about whether Druids are over/underpowered. Druid healing is great, but people still turn us down for dungeons anyway. Raids aren’t as bad anymore, there are other healers in the raid as well, but then you still need a baseline level of gear acquired from dungeons.

Please give my fury warrior polymorph. I keep getting turned down from heroic groups because I don’t have strong cc.

4 Likes