Druid Normal Rez

They are all the same in retail. U get 1 battle rezz every 5 mins either by a druid or a warlock soul stone.

I mean they took lifetap from warlocks they are literally mages with shadow spells.

4 Likes

People did the same thing in Classic, and it wasnā€™t any better then.

They decide they want something, and then they come up with a justification for it after the fact.

2 Likes

Iā€™m usually ā€œthe regular rezā€ in my dungeon groups, via my Elemental Shaman or Disc-Holy Smite/Healing Priest, but even on my mage itā€™s been really rare to be in a group with no Paladin, Priest or Shaman also present.

It came with prepatch.

Priest shadowfiend form plz, thx

1 Like

You got it in patch 3.0 for Wrath Pre-Patch.

Thatā€™s like saying we should have gotten earth shield on shaman and Crusader strike on pallies since they were technically in vanilla with the TBC pre-patch.

Is it that hard to have a good mix in your group so you have a regular Rez if you bring a Resto Druid? Prot Pally, Either Shammy DPS spec, Shadow Priest?

Yes, apparently it is. I get turned down dozens of times a day on my resto druid. I quit Classic early on because people donā€™t want to build around a resto druid.
Now I have friends and guildmates begging me to play resto druid for arena, but nobody wants me to heal dungeons so I can get some baseline healing gear.
Imagine back in old vanilla and tbc when you didnā€™t know they would add revive in wotlk and had no hope.

1 Like

Our guildā€™s boomkin goes resto during the weeks because he finds it easier to find groups that way. I have a hard time believing youā€™re unable to get into groups because you are a resto druid. Pretty much every group Iā€™m a part of either has a shaman or a paladin in it (plus me, a Spriest) because there is a lot of them (at least horde side).

If you want the ability to rez at will, roll a priest, a shaman or a paladin. You knew ahead of time when rolling druid that your rezzing ability would be limited to a battle rez, this isnā€™t something that was sprung up in the latest bug fixes. The reasoning as to why is irrelevant: druids can only battle rez in TBC.

2 Likes

Oh well if you donā€™t see it, it must not be happening. Nevermind, I take it all back. Forget that itā€™s a QoL/class change that people were asking for back then for years. Nevermind it all. Just go back to retail where it sucks.

So, git gud and donā€™t let anyone die.

Did I tell you to ā€˜go back to retailā€™ anywhere in my post, or even hint at it? No. So why bring that up in such dramatic fashion?

But while weā€™re on the topic of retail, everything ā€˜that sucksā€™ over there is a QoL change that was requested by the ā€˜communityā€™. The homogenization of classes, the cross realm everything that destroyed server communities, the wellfare epics that the game practically throws at you for not forgetting to breath for 5 whole consecutive seconds: all of that were QoL requests.

TBC is all about going back to a time before the game was ruined by all these changes made to appease the complainers. If you want normal rezzes for druids, kindly wait for Classic WotLK like the rest of us.

Absolutely untrue.

Iā€™m seeing those exact same request pop up right here on the TBC forums. People on low pop servers have asked for LFD (the auto-matchmaking cross-realm kind), thereā€™s threads like this asking for QoL class changes and Iā€™ve seen several complaints from the more casual side of the playerbase that ā€˜end-game gearā€™ is just too hard too get, the grind is too much, etc.

1 Like

A lot of people seemingly looking for WOTLK Classic. Maybe try back in a couple years?

2 Likes

False equivalency.

Shamans basically have a personal soulstone on a 40-60 minute timer, depending on talents. Itā€™s nice, to be sure.

On the other hand, Druids (or a raid lead) can make a strategic decision about ANY player to rez. If you have a few druids in the raid, you can chain b-rez, which is also super cool to see. I canā€™t count how many wipes thatā€™s prevented in my raiding experience.

For example, having druid b-rez has been key to the ā€œfirst killā€ on a few bosses, Nefarion and Twin Emps to name a couple. Nef - all tanks went down except for one, druid b-rezd our only dwarf priest to maintain fear ward on the tank. Probably would have wiped otherwise. Twin Emps - druid b-rezd our best-equipped warlock tank. Definitely would have wiped otherwise.

Itā€™s drama. Itā€™s power. Appreciate that your class can do something NO other class can do. Thatā€™s the beauty of early WoW.

3 Likes

QoL improvements arenā€™t what made retail suck. Lack of story, timegating, and Ionā€™s abandonment of everything but endgame are.

While yes, a standard res for a healer was a QoL improvement, it was a necessary one. However it wasnā€™t something from TBC.

What this and every other thread shows however, is that there is still a demand for a grindy, ā€˜have to work for itā€™ game in the MMO arena that isnā€™t loot trains and fighting RNG.

So if people really want to skip the ā€œRepeat TBCā€ experience and go for ā€œA Classic/TBC style new gameā€ Iā€™d recommend doing that instead of trying to change a historical reenactment.

The Battle of Gettysburg would go very differently if one (or both) sides had M-16s and A-10 Warthogs, both significant improvements to the arsenal. But you donā€™t see them on the reenactment battlefields.

3 Likes

youā€™re supposed to think:

wow thatā€™s an interesting limitation that druid healers have. weā€™ll have to play around that somehow and be smart

not

wahhh blizzard please change this and make a big step to homogenize the healers cuz i donā€™t like being inconvenienced.

9 Likes

I feel like itā€™s the other way around with the story. Thereā€™s a whole lot of it going on around every corner, I just donā€™t find the more recent storyline to be interesting. A lilā€™ too much drama and shock factor, not enough actual substance (to my taste, anyways, but I admittedly never played WoW for the lore).

The timegating though, that is a major annoyance that led to daily/weekly chores that are anything but fun. You donā€™t get to choose what you do when you log on, the game chooses for you and I hate that. I still attribute that to change that erupted from forum complaints though. Thereā€™s plenty of threads on here complaining about either people going through the content too fast, or the people who poop-socked their way to end-game complaining there is nothing to do.

Canā€™t say that Iā€™ve been following Ionā€™s involvement in all things WoW related and I canā€™t be bothered to read through years of news and updates so Iā€™ll just grant you that one.