Druid Normal Rez

Wish druids could get normal rez since technically we got it in TBC even if it was towards the end of it. Really annoying being the healer in a dungeon and can only rez one person every 20 mins.

2 Likes

How I wish the assertion that the gods-damned WotLK prepatch is “technically TBC” would die and stay dead.

28 Likes

So, tank.

The homogenization of classes is one of many ways Retail leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If all classes can all do the same thing… just with different names and animations, what makes a class unique and exciting?

Druids can change the course of a battle gone awry by battle-res’ing a key player. The penalty they pay for this amazing ability is the lack of a normal res… the way it should be.

27 Likes

And what if we already have a tank? The logic behind Druid having a healer spec and wasn’t given a rez because of “possible exploit potential due to stealth” is flawed. People refuse to bring druid healers to dungeons because they won’t want to form the group around them by bringing one of the other classes that does have a rez.
They say “Why bring a Resto druid if it requires bringing a prot/ret paladin or enh shaman or spriest when you can just bring a healer spec of those classes?”
They gave druids revive at level 12 in wotlk prepatch because Blizzard changed their minds. I get turned down dozens of times a day for normal dungeons for being a druid healer, despite having no problem at all healing them easily.

1 Like

Shamans can change the course of a battle gone awry by reincarnating mid fight. The penalty they pay for this amazing ability is the lack of… oh wait nothing.

7 Likes

Your wish has been granted in retail, enjoy.

5 Likes

Literally the same answer as if you are a prot warrior — go tank a different instance. OBVIOUSLY.

Ummm OK. That’s certainly not why I’d argue that druids should only have a brez in TBC Classic. I’d argue that they should only have a brez in TBC Classic, because that’s consistent with TBC.

Cool. So opt out, and come back for Wrath Classic. I won’t be playing Wrath Classic, because I’m pretty sure it’ll start from a patch level with LFG and Dual Spec, which I consider to be negative features that I dislike. However much I’d like to tank as a Death Knight with a deep Unholy spec, I don’t think that’s happening…

Classic isn’t actually classic — it’s Retail Recreation of old end-game patches on a new client. Cool-ish nostaligia to a point, but #NotMyGame.

3 Likes

No that’s the developer logic. They said they removed Revive from the Druid toolkit pre-1.0 because of the possibility for a class with stealth and a rez being used to exploit. They kept the brez though. Druids had both, but fear of exploiting made them decide to remove the normal rez, which they later reconsidered on. So if it wasn’t a real problem, why not make it right?

1 Like

In a later expansion? Absolutely!

In a rerelease of an older version? Umm… there’s literally no need to answer that. It’s completely obvious why.

3 Likes

Scroll up. I was literally replying to your question. :woman_shrugging:

Well yeah, obviously! Not that that makes the difference in DPSing… you’ve just argued that Horde get the better tanking seal for TBC and then still wonder why Horde has longer BG queue times…

“people like you” — nice one. Very insightful comment here.

Yeah. We really should have Death knights! I mean, they already added DK PVP gear for TBC in later patches… may as well have it now.

2 Likes

Why not make the rez be in the Resto skill tree or only useable not in animal form or with the exception of tree form?

3 Likes

Neither did I. Perhaps read what you’re responding to before arguing :slight_smile:

I mained a druid for several expansions. Why?

Cool! That really adds to the RPG feel of TBC Classic.

I actually mained a druid during late TBC/Early Wrath/early Cata/MoP/WoD/Early Legion and focused on healing for TBC/Early Wrath/MoP. I never really had that problem then, but I was playing in a different region where tanks were very easy to come by and healing was the hard role to fill. Nobody ever cared about my only having a brez.

Of course, this is different in Classic — and no, I don’t play a druid healer in Classic. I don’t play a druid at all.

Awesome. So what?

If you play a druid, why do you heal in 5 man pve instances, when there’s apparently a tank shortage?

3 Likes

One thing at a time

Well yeah, obviously! Not that that makes the difference in DPSing… you’ve just argued that Horde get the better tanking seal for TBC and then still wonder why Horde has longer BG queue times…

You’re claiming that I argued that Horde get the better tanking seal for TBC. That’s not that I said. You said I said it. You’re not even staying on topic here, so I’m not going to respond to any more of your posts.

I’m really not. Are you actually reading what I’ve stated?

Maybe you’re drunk! I hope you have a good night. No harm, no foul, right?

Have fun in the World of Warcraft friend :smiley:

1 Like

Just don’t wipe. Ez

Serves DPS right for pulling aggro anyway.

that was WOTLK

5 Likes

Whoa there Mr.Paladin, put down the Seal of the Martyr (which wasn’t added in until 3.2.0) before you hurt yourself.
It took Druids 4+ years of begging on the forums to get Revive the first time, and people are still coming up with the same arguments. All the times people told them to “reroll” or “just don’t die.” Now we get “wait for wotlk.” What’s wrong with Druid having a non CD Rez?

No, you didn’t.

#gobacktoretail

6 Likes

If you give Druids a normal Rez you gotta give priests/shamans/paladins a battle Rez! Let’s just make all the classes the same, give bear Druids shields and give warriors/paladins bear form while you are at it. Why are rogues limited to only using one handed weapons btw? Let’s give them two handed swords.

3 Likes