Drakonid/Dragonspawn Are Hilariously Problematic, and It Didn't Have To Be This Way

I ignore any opinion that seriously uses the term “problematic”. Critiquing a story on it’s quality is one thing, critiquing it on it’s “morality” is nonsensical unless it’s an extreme example.

3 Likes

Not a single person is arguing against this, though, and it’s irrelevant to everything I’ve said on the topic.

And yet you still chose to engage with this thread with your low-effort nonsense that we’ve already debunked over and over again.

How boring.

Blocked.

Edit: reply if you want. I wont read it and nobody cares. You’re just another boring person who has no interest in this thread but chose to engage anyway. Get shrecked.

2 Likes

You can’t “debunk” the fact that you aren’t a moral arbiter and that morally judging works of fiction has been considered a laughable proposition in critical discourse for decades. Have fun putting me on block though, everyone else will see what I say and know that I’m right and you’re wrong.

No it’s not… its made by t he folks who own the franchise. They get to decide what’s canon or not.

Just gonna repeat what I said without reading what you wrote, since you obviously didn’t read it and I have no respect for you:

Politics / social issues / whatever you wanna call them are part of a story. I’m allowed to criticize any aspect of any story I want, you absolute bafoon. If you got a problem with it, then cry about it.

My friend, I was not being literal. I’m saying it feels like fanfiction to me, and thats how I treat it, because thats the level of quality.

1 Like

Cool. The fact that stories have political themes has nothing to do with the fact that morality and compliance with political ideology is not an accepted axis around which a quality assessment is assigned by critical theory. I highly doubt you aren’t reading what I said, but keep making a fool of yourself either way.

To quote Edward E. Newman

I don’t see why my character has to have any concern about this.

No one said your specific character has to worry about anything.

1 Like

Than why should the player worry about it? We’re not in the Dragon Isles because we suddenly became concerned about Dragonspawn, just the newest Big Bad.

I see this whole thread as someone wanting to make a molehill into a mountain.

1 Like

Because you’re not every single player.

Then leave? No one’s forcing you to participate.

1 Like

Noooo you can’t just disagree with meeeeee… Agree with what I say… or leave!!!
What an impressive level of discourse.

2 Likes

I’m gonna leave this as a blanket response to anyone wondering why we have the AUDACITY to criticize the story in a way you don’t like:

Don’t like it? Cry.

3 Likes

Oh, I think somebody is crying. That’s for sure.

I will start charging people for quoting me.

4 Likes

I don’t mind a political story; However, I do mind it when it is grossly bias and has been poorly written and has no interesting in entertaining its audience but instead wants to lecture them.

Sadly that is what the story has become recently.

1 Like

Not really unless you were a Horde main in BFA.

2 Likes

It’s all one story regardless of faction we just see different parts. If the story is terrible for one faction it is going to affect the story for the other faction.

Not disagreeing there. I’m contesting the idea that the game puts an emphasis on lecturing the player. It really doesn’t unless you were a Horde main in BFA, where you were mortified for shooting a baby after you were forced to shoot the baby in the first place.

4 Likes

As far as I know Sabellion’s cohiorts at t he Obsidian Citadel ARE the only remnants of the Black Dragons who had fled to Outland… the bulk of his “flight” were either killed by adventurers or staked on the Bladespire mountain spikes by the resident Ogres. So he may not have that many more following him then Wrathion.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Obsidian_Brood#Members Every single member of the re-formed Black Dragonflight is from Sabellian’s flight minus Wrathion and Ebyssian (and Adamanthia now I guess). Besides Sabellian, there are 16 named living Black Dragon NPCs in the Obsidian Brood right now, and all the eggs and Whelps are from his group as well. The Black Dragonflight is quite literally the Obsidian Brood with a shiny new name.

2 Likes