Drake fang talisman loot priority

Bro, just get your locks to pesters your GM for a priest to buff them, its how we got our permanent shadow priest, fights are so short they actually do good DPS in this paradigm.

You literally just explained it, if two people are performing the same from a technical stand point and the only difference in output is due to gear then the person with lower gear will general benefit more from an upgrade and hence over all the raid benefits more.

No I literally just explained that the more gear you have, the more of an increase it would be for you.

If one guy has all the same gear and viskags, he gets say 20 dps from DFT

If another has all the same gear and CTS, he would get 21 dps from DFT

The logic is simple really. Yes of course it is better to teach rotations and how to put out the persons class’s full potential. But if you funnel gear to just the top performers, and ignore the people doing lower, you will have a 40 man group of maybe 5-8 top performers, and the raid would benefit from all DPS putting out more damage. Ultimately that will dwarf the output of top performers. Not to mention, it benefits the social aspect of the raid, and raid cohesion. If you just reward people that are putting up top numbers, eventually that will lead to people just not trying, or leaving your raid team eventually. Lets be honest here, this game is completely driven by gear.

There really is no difficult rotations on any class. You are talking about hitting at tops, 3 buttons. The more equally you pass out gear, rewarding attendance, the ability to follow directions etc, over the top dps parsers, you will have a solid raid team.

1 Like

This. It isn’t like most tanks are taking the top healing gear in front of healer mains that need it. Main Tank over a Healer alt? Yeah, I take that trade. Give it to the MT.

1 Like

Whether it is a guild healing alt or not, MS>OS. Period.

Healing gear to a MT is a gray area in your equation since Diamond Flask snapshotting = Main Spec assistance.

You can try and explain it all you want, but if there was/is a guild healing alt, needing that gear, and a tank took it he wouldn’t be tanking for much longer. Tanks can’t do crap without heals. Now if it was a set team, and lets say they were farming BWL, and decided to do a MC run and none of the healers needed the gear for an upgrade, then go for it.

I mean, I don’t need to explain it? This isn’t a set in stone thing. Some guilds will do it your way and some guilds will pass that to the MT over the alt. There isn’t a right or wrong answer here. If you are in a guild that passed that to the MT and you didn’t like it, probably need to find a new guild.

1 Like

1 guy doing 21 more points is better than 1 guy doing 20 more points. Doesn’t matter if you keep piling that increase onto the same person, 21 damage > 20 damage.

So again, feelings not logic. I already said that.

So will giving players an equal shot by not trying as hard as others.

Shockingly enough positive qualities like this tend to manifest more in top parsers.

1 Like

You can easily tell if its the gear or the player by switching the parse to “by bracket” which ranks people by ilvls

No you can not. Gear is not as simple as higher ilvl = better

5 Likes

in a game where peoples BiS can be lvl 40 items that won’t work.

Bro calling us gimmick specs when you get linked link a 950dps broodlord and1.7k on vael.

A raid could be 20 feral druids, and 1 of each class for utility and still do high dps and parses lmao.

I get it, you get it, but there are a host of parseaholics treating it like damage meters on steroids.

Obviously that’s the case, duh, but it gives you a better idea than straight meters.

People dont just get gear in a vacuum. If someone’s gear is substantially better than another person’s its because A. they spent the time going out and farming for it or farming gold to buy it or B. they’ve spent a lot more time raiding. If it’s A, they deserve it for the increased effort and it its B, they deserve it because they’ve been with the raid longer. If you’ve got a warrior in all R14 gear and you give DFT to the guy in blues without HOJ because “its a bigger upgrade for him” you’re not only likely to lose the better dps, it just doesn’t make sense. The guy in blues is going to have MULTIPLE opportunities to upgrade his gear. The guy in epics probably only has a couple items he needs, and passing those to the lesser geared guy is just plain dumb.

TLDR: None of what you said makes sense

1 Like

No one anywhere is passing over healers to give tanks healing gear (maaaybe if its a brand new healer and the tank has been waiting but even then I’ve never even heard of such a thing.) Our warriors are starting to pick up Wildgrowth now that all the healers have it though.

1 Like

You’ve never played a druid beyond the L16 avatar, have you?

This is actually my highest character period, I dont even really play the game.