Drake fang talisman loot priority

So… I’m a feral tank, and my guild has a loot priority list they use, along with DKP for loot. They have feral druids as the last priority on DFT, below the MT… which I definitely agree with, but also below any physical dps. I know its BIS for many classes, but as a tank, I can use the dodge on the trinket to, that all those other classes cant. This is a small mitigation, and giant threat/dps trinket yes… but should a feral tank be the completely last one to get it in the raid?

1 Like

It’s up to your guild where you should be in the priority list.

6 Likes

Priority goes to the enchanters, for those sweet shards.

5 Likes

Yes druids should be the last ones to get it

4 Likes

And your reasoning?

It is a bigger benefit to physical DPS than it is to a feral tank.

4 Likes

Are you main tank?
If yes, then you should get first.

Are you anything else? Then the threat increase isn’t relevant; the mitigation increases isn’t relevant; and your raid will get further faster doling them to warriors, rogues, and maybe the one 99 parser cat.

18 Likes

Not all guilds are going to share the same opinions on hybrid classes/roles.

The guilds that see feral druids as viable or throw complete support to feral druids will allow them to get it equally with other tanks/warriors, and the purist ones that see feral as more of a gimmick or plan B thing won’t.

The thing is there is almost no other good trinket for melee dps besides HoJ/Blackhand’s Breath until Ouro so don’t expect them to let it go easily.

2 Likes

MT/main OT > rogue/fury DPS > feral DPS/OT (if they’re MT then higher prio) > hunter > other meme specs

But it’s good for all physical dps of course. Just depends on how your guild handles loot.

If you’re in a competitive LC guild you’re not getting it unless you’re the GMs girlfriend because the raid will have 20+ rogues/wars and its way better on them.

If you want it I suggest you join a more casual DKP or /roll guild that doesn’t have restrictions on bidding/rolling.

Yeep. When the MT has Thunderfury, then no amount of threat matters as an OT bear. If you need more, MCP and you’re gtg -you’ve got long enough to build. The mitigation is barely relevant, too.

EDIT: and I wouldn’t give one to an MT warrior either, unless absolutely neccesary. You have too many warriors and rogues to gear. Again, MT druid should always get it first, because it is statted in a way that only an MT (or OT on occassion cat) druid can maximize its use.

Unless you are literally the MT, druid should be last prio. It’s an off spec the raid has allowed because it’s somewhat useful versatility.

Bears should be the first to get it. It’s perfectly itemized for them, and it opens up a world of gearing options that is only possible once you have the Hit% DFT grants. Threat goes through the roof without sacrificing mitigation.

8 Likes

Ask your guild why they set priority that way. But what other’s have said in this thread is probably close to their reasoning.

It’s a very good item for them, but if they are not the main tank, then its sitting there going to waste when someone else could be using it. It makes almost no difference to a cat/offtank.

1 Like

Idk why raids wouldn’t be running Bear MTs :slight_smile:

Some do, some don’t. I’m guessing the OPs doesnt or they probably would have given it to the bear tank first instead of last.

Feral tanks are a meme. They should get everything last.

Because their snap threat sucks compared to warriors.

I hate all this new meta BS… fury tanks and tanks getting prio on everything. Even dps gear.

Never had a problem back in vanilla with threat because we weren’t braindead dps. We actually let the tank built aggro.

9 Likes

Different playerbase. Dont expect them to act the same.