Dragons are suppose to be cool

no need for that sorta thing, have a good day

1 Like

homie upset he got shown up

Ah yes, peace, cooperation, and sharing mutual pain and feeling has never been an option in Warcraft. Sharing feelings and developing friendships are for losers.

• Jaina and Thrall are friends
  • Anduin and Baine are friends
  • Alliance and Horde ceasefire and admittedly-tense truce since Vanilla
  • The Horde and Alliance always come together to defeat the true villain in the end
  • Just like they did in WC3
  • The constant lesson since Vanilla is a warning against repeating the cycle of old hatreds
  • DKs are literally broken free from the Scourge by the power of Light and Friendship

Looks at the above Er, uh, don’t look at any of that! That’s not Warcraft!

1 Like

That’s not what this post is about. troll on though

The OP is upset that dragons, intelligent and long-lived creatures, are expressing feelings instead of being ‘badass’, whatever that qualifier means. So, it’s a direct rebuttal to not just the OP’s sentiment, but your own vague post about ‘you don’t know the real World of Warcraft.’

World of Warcraft has been about adventure, and part of adventure is character growth. Said growth doesn’t always come from swinging an axe.

1 Like

To be fair… they are overly emotional and dramatic sometimes. To the point where I’d say that even in a fantasy game, their actions and dialogue are unrealistic.

If they’re a whelp, sure, be as dramatic as a child would be… if you’re hundreds or thousands of years old, yeah I expect greater control of emotions and actions. This is realistically one of the reasons the Tyrande writing was so incredibly bad.

1 Like

Extended longevity just lets pain and anger fester into more intensity, especially if particularly old wounds or grudges are coming up after a millenia or two. If you lived 10,000 years, but were holding onto pain for 9,000 of it, you’d have quite the outburst once you found an outlet.

Realistically, in Tyrande’s case, not super realistic. She was at constant war with one group or entity or another, constantly sending people to die… then she broke, and why? She broke because the story demanded that she get outraged and lose her mind.

You can add any justification you want, you could literally make what ever you want up… it doesn’t change the fact that her character radically shifted and she was being written as immature because the writers thought it made her look strong or more compelling.

This applies to the dragons as well. After hundreds or thousands of years, you’ve seen everything multiple times, they shouldn’t be overly dramatic or emotional… the reason they are written like this is because it’s more cinematic and visually pleasing than a person acting like a Vulcan.

These characters have lived for hundreds or thousands of years as leaders of a faction. They’ve gone to war countless times, they’ve killed countless enemies and seen countless allies killed… They exist in a world which should dictate and demand a level of maturity that we couldn’t even possibly understand… yet, we get angsty teenager, because that’s what the writers know.

To be fair, this isn’t every character, some are written better than others and some are written more consistently. For example, Chromie is a well written character who is consistent in emotional level and temperament. So not all characters suffer from unrealistic angst or maturity issues, at least not until the writers need them to.

1 Like

Hyperbole, much? They’ve been fighting their own families, and burying their own dead and stuff.

There’s a ton of reason for them to feel the way they do, if you paid any attention, lol.

Go play Call of Duty, since that’s what you want.

It’s Warcraft, it’s always been cartoony with a big side of murder.

Every time an NPC exhibits a measure of reasoning and maturity…such as Baine, Saurfang, and Ebonhorn…there’s always a howl from the edgy crowd that says they aren’t being WARcrafty enough, and make terrible leaders. It really is impossible to please everyone.

1 Like

you’re intentionally comparing apples and oranges. Baine Bloodhoof isn’t the centerpiece of an xpac, and I think I can rest my case there. /roll_eyes

I like how OP just posts an opinion, and many in the thread simply resort to personal attacks on OP. They then claim that it is in fact the OP who is childish and immature. The usual hypocrisy on the forums I guess.

This is true. The writing style now caters to a completely different audience.

As such of course it’ll upset fans of the franchise.

It looks like Blizzard wants to drop many from their previous fan base, and that’s alright, provided they believe that they’ll reach a larger audience with their new approach. Yet to be seen how that works out.

Well if they had more personality than a dishcloth, they might not be so stale.

Spyro from his first set of games has more fire in his veins.

Blizzard wants to appease the furries so this is what we get because of it.

We’re called scalies, not furries, thank you very much.

I didn’t in any way claim any of the three NPCs I mentioned were ‘centerpieces’, so I’m not sure where you’re coming from with this. I wasn’t opposing your particular ‘case’, and I suppose I’ll have to scroll up to find your posts to understand why you would take my observation so personally…unless of course, using the word ‘edgy’ hit a nerve, which would make sense.

Addendum: I did indeed find your many condescending attack responses to most everyone that commented in a manner that suggested ‘conflict isn’t the only way’…to which the appropriate response would be to echo your /eyeroll right back atcha.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

World of Wokecraft - alphabet dragons working as designed. :grimacing:

Teenage Dragon Ball Z, minus the Z, minus the ball.

Also, I think they’re hangry. 10,000 years living off of eating sunflowers and cupcakes. Dragons have huge whole flock of flying horses to devour teeth. Giant razor sharp teeth.

Additionally, Like the night elves, they apparently need a lot of sleep. Instead, they haven’t rested in ages because {insert robot world destroyer} decided that now was the opportunity to attack.

Or, hey…we killed that boss, but now that he’s dead, he was the only thing keeping back the bigger boss behind him.

They simply don’t have enough time to reflect and act wise and mature. This is a world where you survive by taking the initiative and standing in the line of fire again and again and again.

If anything, bad guys like the jailer and Razageth have had 10,000 years to plan their 4D chess moves only to be foiled by us meddling kids. Their character development is always lost as we lawn mower over them.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

Remember how cool and terrifying Malfurion was in the Terror of Darkshore cinematic. Now compare him to all of the dragons (besides fyrrak maybe) and how soft, lame and uninspiring they are. Far out. Odyn was right.

1 Like