Dragonriding Is A Terrible Idea

You were a terrible idea

1 Like

Except it really doesn’t in some cases. As seen in other threads, it’s a legitimate accessibility issue for some. And for others, having to actively manage resources doesn’t just go away when you’ve unlocked the upgrades. Sure, it makes it easier, but the issues that people are having aren’t just “Oh, it gets better” issues. They’re issues with the core of the system.

The easiest way is just to turn on regular flying and let people choose which they want to use. But I don’t see that being something that happens for some time, if at all.

16 Likes

Are you talking about people with disabilities? I’m not meaning to be insensitive, I just don’t understand. The skills can be hotkeyed to pretty much whatever we want.

SOOOO much better, its a blast.

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up:
AS LONG AS its like this where we’re flying in the first day or two, then yeah, DRing is what I’d like
If theyre going to go back to LAZY PF crap, then I may as be as nasty and mean about it as I can.

3 Likes

some people are bound to have issues with it. hopefully they find somethng to help.

A lot of people spent time earning regular mounts. Bad move by BlizZard when the dust settles.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

14 Likes

Flying freely with hovering quite literally does break the world aspect of the game

3 Likes

This alone shows you haven’t actually tried Dragonriding with the glyphs unlocked, because there’s quite literally a talent that increases your vigor while you gather.

On top of that, you can learn to mine/herb while mounted if you upgrade the right path in Herbalism/Mining.

10 Likes

The one I specifically remember is this one:

But there have been a few other discussions I’ve seen in various dragonriding threads.

6 Likes

I like it.

Kinda feels like playing those flying levels from the ps1 Spyro, but those were cool so its alright.

2 Likes

I love it. I’ve only collected the first zone Glyphs buy I absolutely love it. I can’t imagine why anyone would want the old flying but, eh, to each their own. I’m fairly confident that the choice not to allow normal flying was to force everyone to give dragonriding an honest go and not simply fall back to what’s comfortable. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see old flying return in a later patch.

2 Likes

skill issue

I hate when people comes to the foruns assuming that their opnion must to be the same for everyone.

I don’t allowed you to speach for me. I asked for dragonriding and i’m loving. And as we can see in the foruns, many people liked it too.

6 Likes

That sounds fair.

1 Like

It’s a bit wonky at first but it’s getting better with more glyph unlocks. What I’d really love is to shut the thing up, it’s roaring constantly which is rather annoying. Wish there was a glyph to quiet this thing.

4 Likes

It wont, we will always have normal flying. Not everyone can handle or will like dragonflying.

11 Likes

You know those ‘corrupt-a-wish’ threads? That’s basically Blizz’s approach to ever finally giving us something we’ve begged for.

We wanted player housing, they gave us garrisons – not exactly what we had in mind.
We wanted flying at the start of new expansions, they gave us dragonriding – not exactly what we had in mind.

18 Likes

BlizZard is scared of easy wins.

3 Likes

This is what I am currently working on. Saw that and was like “yup, all other perks can wait.” :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeh, I have fully upgraded vigor and I haven’t had an issue with gathering herbs at all. If anything it’s made it so much more fun than air swimming from not to node.

2 Likes

But we did. Since Pathfinder came out in WOD and the forums erupted about no-flight, people have suggested compromises.

-Make flight dangerous
-Make flight interactive
-Make flight “temporary”
-Make flying mini-games
-Make an expansion based around flight instead of an after thought.

That is exactly what we have now. And, hell, I’ll take it. This is sublimely better than being grounded for months to a year waiting on Pathfinder.

This is a good compromise.

6 Likes