Dragonflight?

I can’t be the only one who HATES the new dragonflight system. I’m spending more time hanging out somewhere just waiting for my dragon’s vigor to replenish than I am actively playing. Vigor takes way too long to recharge and drops too fast. I know there are glyphs for improving your dragon, but it isn’t enough.

I was really looking forward to this new expansion but dragonflight is far too frustrating, so I think I’ll go back to other continents and catch up on old quests, etc,…

Blah, disappointed.

4 Likes

You are not alone, at first I thought this is cool. And then after a few weeks, I thought well at least they started an expansion with flying. Great idea. But now I am over it, I have hundreds of mounts that I can’t use. I have a Druid that has a form that can’t be used, and I use it to farm for mats for other alts. This is now feeling forced. Its time for an option to go back to normal flying.

3 Likes

at max perks your never really sitting anywhere to be honest.

4 Likes

And all because they were worried that people would use the original flight speed to farm nodes too fast. Just put a CD on how long you have to wait after dragonriding in order to farm a node, no need to nerf the coolest system all due to a possible exploit that less than 1% of people were going to do anyway.

1 Like

If you take the time to max your tree, AND learn how to understand the bare minimum concepts of aerodynamics, you will never need to recharge anything.

And it is a vastly better system than regular flying.

12 Likes

Mostly glad that they are removing the old flight and replacing it all with Dragonflight in all other zones. Superior technology and much beloved by all the players is a good combo.

5 Likes

unless you’re herbing or mining… then you can.

It’s a little weird, but go up then flatten out, instead of going out then going up. It makes dragonflying a lot easier than trying to gain height without being in the window where the height booster spell is helping you.

Do you have the upgrades? I’m usually able to coast from one side of the map to the other.

The quick stop thing is handy for this. Rocket along, slam to a halt, get a refund on vigor, click the node, get the increased regen, then fly off.

2 Likes

I herb for hours on my shaman never had this issues at all

1 Like

Except for then I smash the wrong key and do that stupid sudden-slowdown and kill all my forward speed :rage:

Seriously moved it to a non-bound key because my crap superpower is managing to find and hit that one action at the worst possible time.

2 Likes

You must not go down to the high concentration Writhebark area, down near the green dragonflight quest zone on the plains.

^ yeah people had their blinders on for some reason. Most the people in that thread thinking it was the greatest thing ever. I knew it would get old fast.

Get all the glyphs and maintain Thrill of the Skies.

Aerial halt + the talent to get vigor when mining should stop this from happening.

No, you arent.
I absolutely love it, but Im not self serving enough to think my subjective opinion about it applies to anyone else.
We’ve had too many from one side on many issues on this forum screaming at anyone who disagrees with their subjective opinions about whatever the topic of the day is in here.

We needed normal flight about a week into this expansion.
By then we all had our glyphs anyway, and the normal flight crowd were already week behind.

2 Likes

Please leave GD - it’s clearly not meant for you

1 Like

I would say is the most popular new feature they added in the game for awhile lmao

Not say y’all disliking doesn’t matter but it is a huge sucess

So were garrisons at one point

Sure? And?

Sounda like you struggle with the flight system cause im almost never waiting for vigor like.

And if I am its nearly always my own fault for poor flight