Dragonflight Typo & Grammatical Error Megathread

Hello,

Rather than making a single thread for every typo please post your typos and grammatical errors in this megathread. QA will regularly monitor this thread and document the bugs internally.

There won’t be a whole lot of communication in this thread but rest assured Blizzard Quality Assurance is reading every post.

If you’re referencing a line of dialogue, make sure the include the NPC’s name who is talking, and any relevant quest/dungeon/zone information as well.

See you in-game!

7 Likes

In the Adventure Guide in-game, If you go to the Dragon Isles Category to look at the loot from the new World Bosses, The iLevel’s appear to be labeled incorrectly.

For each boss reward, It states the iLevel is 280 and requires Level 70. Currently in-game we can get loot greater than iLevel 280 in the Shadowlands raids. Not to mention the Dragonflight raids state they drop iLevel 388 at the very least.

Figured I would mention this! As pretty sure this is a mistype.

2 Likes

Warrior talent tree

4 Likes

Typo in the mount flavour text for the Verdant Skitterfly (mount ID 1617): “foiliage” should be “foliage”.

The Brown Scouting Ottuk (mount ID 1657) has the typo “Wiley” in its flavour text: it should be “Wily”.

2 Likes

In the Unholy Death Knight talent tree (spec side), the talent “Reaping” has “additional” misspelled as “addtional.”

1 Like

In the fishing node, “Scalebelly Mackeral Swarm” : ‘Mackeral’ should be ‘Mackerel’.

The quest Catch and Release: Scalebelly Mackeral has the same typo.

The actual fish item is spelled correctly.

2 Likes

Object: Grimmy’s List of Friends
ID#: 294312

First paragraph:

List of my Friends▯

I’m not sure what it’s supposed to be, but the vertical rectangle symbol is clearly not intended.

Object: Grimmy’s List of Enemies
ID#: 294314

After the second body of text:

Though I waved your way, I pictured your shredded hide in my dreams.
▯▯
Your bread was bad, you diseased lout, it made me sick.
I would cheerily beat you with a stick.
▯▯

Some more display errors.

1 Like

There is a misspelling in the Guardian Talent, Fury of Nature.

“While in Bear FROM…”

This same misspelling is also in the guardian Legiondary of the same name:

“Equip: While in Bear FROM…”

Please, for the love of god, fix it! It’s making me irrationally angry with how long that misspelling’s been there! That, and this misspelling was fixed in another of the talents that spawned from the Legiondary (Elune’s Favored), so why wasn’t it fixed in Fury of Nature (the item and talent)!?

2 Likes

Evoker interrupt ability, Quell, has a grammatical error in its tooltip.

It is:

Interrupt an enemy’s spellcasting and preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 4 sec.

“preventing” should be “prevent”. So it should be:

Interrupt an enemy’s spellcasting and prevent any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 4 sec.

2 Likes

Hoping there was a combined thread for this.

Quest “Last Resort Analysis” in the Ohn’ahran Plains. Returning to Scout Watu after performing the other tasks yields the text “<Watu stares at shock at his leg, newly bloody and pierced with the shard.>”. I believe it should be “stares in shock”, rather than “stares at shock”.

2 Likes

Another!

In the Dungeon Journal, for Gutshot in the Brackenhide Hollow: “[Ensnaring Trap] entangles all nearby playeers and hyenas when any creature sets it off.”. I believe that should be “players” (with only one E) rather than “playeers” (with two).

2 Likes

Quest: Water Safety

Completion text, third paragraph:

Thank you, < name >, I will make sure to remove the carcass it doesn’t contaminate the water.

It should read, “Thank you, < name >, I will make sure to remove the carcass so it doesn’t contaminate the water.”

2 Likes

Spell: Bloated Corpse
ID#: 396750

I picked up a Bloated Corpse at Brackenhide Brambles in the Azure Span. Hovering over the special action button returned the following tooltip:

4848elldesc396750

At least it was easy to guess the spell ID. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Quest: Calling the Blue Dragons

After speaking to Kalecgos to start the cut scene, the following text summation from beta appears at the top of the screen and ruins the moment:

Kalecgos puts out a call for blue dragons. Khadgar returns, Raszageth is attacking!

Needless to say, it shouldn’t still be appearing.

NPC: Renato Gallina.

When speaking to him on an Evoker, he gives his normal line of dialogue but he says “a” when it should be “an”. It looks like his and perhaps other dialogue boxes may not have been updated for Evokers given that they are the first class added to the game to start with a vowel.

2 Likes

There is a typo in the turn-in text for the quest “Scientific Meat-thod,” given by Iyali at the Dragonscale Basecamp in the Waking Shore: “I mean, uh, everyone will lwant[sic] to copy me…”

3 Likes

There is a missing word in the turn-in text for the quest “Theory in Practice,” given by Tyrgon at the Dragonscale Basecamp in The Waking Shores: “We will keep the whelpling here for a while as I need to ascertain the best occasion for returning it to [the] Preserve.”

1 Like

Quest: Times Like These

“Please, see if you can find anything about the creatures pouring in from differently timelines.”

2 Likes

Quest: The Algeth’ar Academy

Description text, second paragraph:

Long ago is sacred halls

It should read, “Long ago its sacred halls […]”

2 Likes

There is a typo in Gurgthock’s /yell dialogue during the quest “The Field of Ferocity: Master of the Hunt,” at the Field of Ferocity in the Ohn’ahran Plains: “But their victories are likely to come to an end now as the[sic] face off against the reigning champion, and the illustrious patron of my work at the Fields of Ferocity, Huntmaster Amaa!”

2 Likes