(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

Turn mind sear into our current 4pc.
Instant cast self buff that auto channels off our target and drains insanity while active, damage and insanity drain can be scaled so that it’s worth pressing and also won’t have infinite uptime.

Just remove it and replace it with a talent that lets spirits explode. We don’t need an aoe spender or filler with psylink + exploding spirits.

4 Likes

At this point, it might not be a bad idea to have our mastery empower our spenders instead of buffing all our damage by X per dot. That way we get our nice chunky DP, and a nice chunky Mind Sear.

Thoughts?

Of course, they are focusing on tuning going forward. But this change seems like 90% tuning and 10% design to implement.

1 Like

i want Devour plague to have WEIGHT and feel impactful. Period. Its a spender. If my spender is going to feel like a potato, then remove teh Resource system from this class and bring mana.

6 Likes

Blizzard please reconsider your stance on moving the silence to the general class tree. It is pretty weak reasoning for not wanting to move the silence because too many classes have one. It wasn’t great but I honestly think Shamans being the only healing class with a kick is better than everyone except priest having one.

It’s going to be a shock to no one when m+ groups don’t want a priest because they can’t cover priority kicks in a dungeon. And if every other healer can, then why take a chance on a priest in pugs. How Priests didn’t get the battle rez if this was your plan all along is another failing. I think it would be fair to have one or the other, but to have neither truly feels bad.

I love wow and I main Disc. I would love to play this game all the time but as player who predominately play m+, I feel left behind. If I start getting denied from groups because of the kick I would probably stop playing. It’s an easy fix, please reconsider.

7 Likes

Here’s our set bonuses for the first raid tier:

Disc set bonus seems kind of mediocre.

Holy set bonus is actually pretty decent, especially for PvP. You use PoM with Lightweaver and can get 0.5s Heal casts.

Shadow set bonus looks kind of eh?

3 Likes

are teh set bonuses going to apply to PVP gear as well?

1 Like

if you look at most set bonus’s they all seem very safe. which is probably a good thing

1 Like

I would assume so. Also, PvP gear in Dragonflight is supposed to have one fixed PvP iLvl that is always the same for conquest pieces, and the PvE level is what you can upgrade.

I’m going to guess you have to Catalyst upgrade PvP Gear or its already going to come with the set bonuses.

1 Like

Is PoM really worth casting? It seems like a sink for talent points, but it seems like all the synergy is wrapped up in HW: salvation and not in casting PoM directly.

PoM and CoH are two abilities you basically cast on cd as Holy. Every other spell is filler. PoM utilizes smart AI and bounces to the lowest health targets.

Hmm interesting, they did have the catalyst open too… thanks for the insight.

1 Like

I guess I don’t understand. Doesn’t PoM only trigger when the player gets hit? So they have to be actively taking damage for it to bounce, otherwise it just sits there and times out. Whenever I tried using PoM I always had to active heal as well to cover the incoming damage, so it always felt like a wasted cooldown.
Theoretically it could heal a lot if you added all the bounces, but it always seem less practical than just using renew/heal which guaranteed the full potency. I guess that’s why I’m bad.

At this point I’ll take any buff to DP lol. Also permanent 5% haste is very nice for early expac when stats is harder to get.

Pop in on tanks on cd or someone with a dot.
During a raid, it is likely to bounce around to empty.

The 4 set is super good. The 2 set is strange for raid, but decent in M+ and is just… a 10% boost to rapture I guess.

Yeah i agree. I mean i dont know what our penance at full scale would be, but say we did 100k. which with 7 bolts might be possible then thats a nice 130k pws possibly, Throwing figures out there obviously but i dont think unreasonable ones. With smite dropping penance cd means better up time.

The only issue i have is aegis in raids and im still not sure if its the go because ramping with rapture before a damage event will mean the decay will have brought pws back to baseline. But a rot fight would gain some excellent value from it since it would out run the decay

Beta experience so far. WAY diff than PTR. Now i can get more accurate commentary.

Quick outlook: Pretty good overall.

Flash heal still feels Awful. no change here
From darkness comes light - prob better in arena since u can stack it more. Bad in 1v1 at least.
Protective light - weaker maso.

PWL – working on beta and feels nice. Great to have.
Our dmg is really good – that hasn’t changed.
Idol of yogg - will never be able to proc this potato – ill have to see in Arenas /bgs to fully be sure.

Idol of Nzoth - it’s alright works nice with dots.

Better defenses than my balance Druid though. Lots of instas like ptr. Always been a strong class to play.
not a lot needs to change but still would like a DP to build and stronger flash heals.
But feels way better than PTR that’s for sure.

FAV talent of SP – Still deathspeaker. Really nice.

Mindgames nasty strong, scared about the tuning phase lol

1 Like

Considering it adds the value to PW:S, and HISTORICALLY that means it increases the base damage/healing of that ability, it’s quite likely that Aegis of Wrath and Weal and Woe will increase it, too. Even at like… 350-60 gear, PW:S is 30k with Aegis.

Assuming penance bolts hit for ~2500, that’s another 10k. Even with just castigation and no harsh discipline, your PW:S at that point is doing ~41k healing each cast. But then your crits are going to be bonkers considering DA. 41 x 1.5 x 2 x 1.15 = ~95k

95k shields being a very conservative estimate on a non-harsh discipline penance is some crazy shielding.

Will have to test how it works with penance damage bonuses like Schism/Twist and if it stores penance crit damage or just goes off base. But if I’m reading that tier set correctly there’s potential for shields of like ~190k in 360 gear. That’s just lay on hands for a tank, but a shield instead.

My issues was aegis decaying. if we have a damage event in 15 seconds and putting out shields. A chunk of the shields will be decayed back to baseline before that damage event his.

But i agree with your assessment on the type of shields we will be able to bring on a tnak after penance