(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

If we are stuck with Mind Games in the class tree. Can you please tune it to deal less damage than DP and Mind Blast?

A 45s cd doing less dmg than both of these is kinda pointlessā€¦

2 Likes

I think heā€™d prefer it to be a situational spell that isnā€™t just sent on cooldown, and in exchange the damage budget it has be moved back into the rest of the kit like mind blast.

Diluting damage across a bunch of 30-60 second cooldowns has been a big concern for a lot of shadow priests and was also one of the major complaints around the iteration of voidform that existed in Shadowlands.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not just shadow priests this concerns. There have been multiple videos by high level PvP players highlighting this exact issue.

oh, letā€™s screw over disc/holy because some youtuber said shadow needs that damage to be elsewhere in its kitā€¦ suuuuuuureā€¦

1 Like

I fail to see how a stronger holy fire/mind blast is ā€œscrewing overā€ holy and disc.

4 Likes

Ya, it sucks they have pretty much finalized the trees. I normally main alt warlock, but tbh all 3 trees are a lot better and the talents more interesting. Looks like roles will be reversed in DF for me.

The problem is spriest covenants sucked and were boring in shadowlands. Mindgames was 1 of the best introduced spells. But our legendaries, conduits, torghast powers were complete garbage imo. Which sucks because they recycled a lot of these spells in various class trees.

2 Likes

It seems a bit too soon for them to be cutting off the finalization of trees. We literally had to wait a month to see our changes and have only gotten less than that to even modify them.

5 Likes

Letā€™s hope the last iteratio next week brings some interresting stuff :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Iā€™m good. You guys who want to be op can move on. Iā€™ll keep the fort warm for when you come back crying.

5 Likes

Dark Ascension is too powerful. I think it would be better for shadow if itā€™s effect were changed to something like the psyche shredder from BFA. Instead of a multiplicative damage bonus, it should be a flat spell power hit procced by each direct damage ability you use during the duration.

1 Like

Shadow is shaping up to have too many cooldown spells. Stacking cooldowns is going to define the playstyle in dragonflight if things go live as they are. The more I think about it, the more distasteful it becomes. Please consider separating the coalescing shadow generation from shadowfiend hits out of the puppet master talent and making that effect a choice node against mindbender.

2 Likes

One more late night crazy thought.

1. Remove Dark Ascension
  2. Return ramping haste to voidform with a hard cap on duration extension to prevent out of control scaling.
  3. Position void eruption as a choice against shadowform.
1 Like

As you know it is crazy why you bother others with those things

Some people want it.

Since tuning is about to begin, Iā€™d just like to drop another friendly reminder that devouring plague is still missing 450% spell power of its damage.

3 Likes

Itā€™s also being cast 3x more frequently than when it had that spellpower coefficient. The current tuning is bad, definitely, as the spell got nerfed every single patch of Shadowlands, but letā€™s understand how things have changed when we talk about spell tuning.

2 Likes

You said it yourself in a previous post ellipsis. Devouring plague feels better when you cast it less frequently and it has more impact. Iā€™m aware of the difference in frequency of casts between the time when DP felt good to cast and today.

I am with you as a druid and with alt priest. I totally feelā€¦ well I donā€™t know how to feel more than disappointedā€¦ the priest and druid tree literally took almost 2 monthsā€¦ and finally that we are getting changes (I think it was just this month) they are already going to reduce the importance in the class tree? that seems like a bad joke on the part of blizzardā€¦ I donā€™t want to imagine, if the new dev or devs in charge of our trees would have taken 2 more weeks to adjust (which would imply that we would have fewer changes). It seems that blizzard does not think correctlyā€¦ since if this were a new system but not so heavy (like azerite or covenants), there would be no problemā€¦ but in this case the expansion with a more important change or rework in one of the pinnacles of wow (the talents) have spent less time on itā€¦ I donā€™t understand.
As in SL, which had a lot of time (although it was also due to the pandemic) they brought out the covenants so unbalanced that it was not such a great system (at the time of its launch).
But now that a real challenge is coming (a rework of the talent trees)ā€¦ prefer to put less time on itā€¦ I just donā€™t understand it.

1 Like

Agree with Mystakai. Too many of our abilities donā€™t feel cool, fun, or exciting to press. Everything is mostly watered down now. Even voidform is being neutered and will probably feel like that too.

Just think of how voidform started out in legion and what it has become in DF :slightly_frowning_face:

Chaos bolt feels fun to press.
Ele shaman and getting a bunch of overload procs. Or shooting bunch of meatballs simultaneously because primordial wave. Same with the chain activations/procs from ret feels good. Just some examples.

1 Like