(BETA) Dragonflight Priest Talent Tree Feedback Thread

Pop in on tanks on cd or someone with a dot.
During a raid, it is likely to bounce around to empty.

The 4 set is super good. The 2 set is strange for raid, but decent in M+ and is just… a 10% boost to rapture I guess.

Yeah i agree. I mean i dont know what our penance at full scale would be, but say we did 100k. which with 7 bolts might be possible then thats a nice 130k pws possibly, Throwing figures out there obviously but i dont think unreasonable ones. With smite dropping penance cd means better up time.

The only issue i have is aegis in raids and im still not sure if its the go because ramping with rapture before a damage event will mean the decay will have brought pws back to baseline. But a rot fight would gain some excellent value from it since it would out run the decay

Beta experience so far. WAY diff than PTR. Now i can get more accurate commentary.

Quick outlook: Pretty good overall.

Flash heal still feels Awful. no change here
From darkness comes light - prob better in arena since u can stack it more. Bad in 1v1 at least.
Protective light - weaker maso.

PWL – working on beta and feels nice. Great to have.
Our dmg is really good – that hasn’t changed.
Idol of yogg - will never be able to proc this potato – ill have to see in Arenas /bgs to fully be sure.

Idol of Nzoth - it’s alright works nice with dots.

Better defenses than my balance Druid though. Lots of instas like ptr. Always been a strong class to play.
not a lot needs to change but still would like a DP to build and stronger flash heals.
But feels way better than PTR that’s for sure.

FAV talent of SP – Still deathspeaker. Really nice.

Mindgames nasty strong, scared about the tuning phase lol

1 Like

Considering it adds the value to PW:S, and HISTORICALLY that means it increases the base damage/healing of that ability, it’s quite likely that Aegis of Wrath and Weal and Woe will increase it, too. Even at like… 350-60 gear, PW:S is 30k with Aegis.

Assuming penance bolts hit for ~2500, that’s another 10k. Even with just castigation and no harsh discipline, your PW:S at that point is doing ~41k healing each cast. But then your crits are going to be bonkers considering DA. 41 x 1.5 x 2 x 1.15 = ~95k

95k shields being a very conservative estimate on a non-harsh discipline penance is some crazy shielding.

Will have to test how it works with penance damage bonuses like Schism/Twist and if it stores penance crit damage or just goes off base. But if I’m reading that tier set correctly there’s potential for shields of like ~190k in 360 gear. That’s just lay on hands for a tank, but a shield instead.

My issues was aegis decaying. if we have a damage event in 15 seconds and putting out shields. A chunk of the shields will be decayed back to baseline before that damage event his.

But i agree with your assessment on the type of shields we will be able to bring on a tnak after penance

Edit: Scrapping everything after I tested how AoW decay works:

AoW doesn’t decay back to 100% of your shield almost ever.

Basically, AoW is just multiplying your shield number by .97 each tick. This means it drops below the baseline PW:S by like ~.5% at the last second of PW:S (14 ticks).

The only time you’ll ever realistically see it decay such that it isn’t granting you any benefit is if the damage hits ~.5 seconds before PW:S would have fallen off anyway.

1 Like

fair enough but it does decay so the question then is, does the decay of the shield bring pws down to low enough that you wouldnt run aegis and choose something else. Or would you run it and does you answer change depenandant upon the tier pces

I THINK we’re likely to run it even in raid once we have 4pc, if the tier works like I think it does. We’d have to sacrifice Mindbender, the LW followup talent, or Twilight Equilibrium to do it. Likely the followup to LW - since the shields, even just between ramps with penance casts - probably outdo it by quite a bit since the higher damage LW will probably overheal a lot.

Time will tell though.

1 Like

Everything about the new talent tree and everything else with the most recent balance patch make Shadow feel substantially worse. Please revert.

3 Likes

I see a lot of issues regarding Mind Sear and it’s ability to generate or consume insanity.

I think they should treat Mind Sear like Mind Blast/Mind Spike in how they don’t have an Orb cost, but when you do have orbs, it consumes them to do more damage.

Mind Sear should not cost insanity to use, but it will consume any insanity you have per tick of damage to amplify the damage.

This will make it so you don’t get cut short on Mind Sear, allowing you to chain cast it but it’s damage should be supercharged from consuming insanity should you have any.

3 Likes

This would be incredibly satisfatory. Make apparitions explode instead of C’thun or Yogg’saron too. But they are ignoring any feedback… Sad word update

1 Like

I think Shadow Crash and Dark Void should be merged into being a choice talent.

Shadow Crash will remain as is. Being an instant attack that has a capped number of targets it applies Vampiric Touch to.

Dark Void would be an uncapped version of dot spreading. Change to be Vampiric Touch just like Shadow Crash.

The trade off:

Shadow Crash = target capped but instant.
Dark Void = NOT target capped but requires a long cast time.

4 Likes

Since feedback seems to be working and someone is appreciating these tree designs, I made a new layout.

I made this tree with a few small changes.

Mental Fortitude and Ancient Madness have been removed.

Intangibility is built into Dispersion.

Void Eruption is now a choice against Shadowform.

Dark Ascension has been removed as an isolated skill.

Idol of Yogg Saron now triggers from SWD during execute or Deathspeaker. Idol of Yogg Saron now activates the buff formerly known as Dark Ascension for 10 seconds.

Insidious Ire has had its effectiveness reduced from 40% to 20%.

2 Likes

The problem is they are only taking the worst feedback and making changes.

3 Likes

Please consider removing the cast time reduction effect from mind melt. It is an unnecessary additional effect on top of the Crit chance increase and we already have shadowy insight to make mind blast instant.

1 Like

They don’t need to remove it they need to make it proc shadowy insight. It would be perfectly fine if they let it proc shadowy insight every 4 or so casts so long as they removed the crit. Mind blast crits aren’t as important without the bonus damage talents.

Also, they never fixed the bug from MoP that screws up insight procs when you consume mind melt as you get a proc.

1 Like

That could work, but it leads to awkward talent pathing as insight becomes a dependency for mind melt. Blast Crits have a nice little synergy with apparitions, whispers of the damned, and apathy that would be good to maintain.

Please change Idol of Yogg Saron. He is the God of Death. Make this make sense. With a forced pick of Coalescing Shadows, idol of Yogg could do something as simple as generating 3 Coalescing Shadows when you cast SWD during execute or with a Deathspeaker proc.

Another One

Been traveling so I’ve been out of the loop of things. Are there logs available to look at from the raid testing?