Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

Really, REALLY hoping Blizzard has more sense than launching with only a few pre-set options. The options there DO look really nice – no denying that – but frankly, those are going to be extremely limited if those are expected to carry the race from now on.

They’re clearly sticking with a humanoid body type, so they really NEED to be able to wear normal armor. Otherwise, it’s going to come across as… well, lazy.

3 Likes

To be wholly serious this really is embarrassing though. An entire department budget blown to fulfill the personal dream of a fur affinity artist. Multiple races still dealing with minimal or ZERO (kul’tiran) customization since the release, but the entire budget is blown on this mess. All to cater to the same niche population that screeched for vulpera. Easy to get an in for your demands when one of your kind is pulling the strings for an entire department.
It’s embarrassing and reeks of the same unprofessionalism you would see in all of the scam MMOs littering sites like gofundme, patreon, etc. Outside of the forums here the entire project is a laughing stock. This isn’t WoW anymore, but for myself and others who have needed a reason to break away from this game for almost two decades I can’t thank them enough for making it so easy to walk away and never look back. Enjoy your fur affinity MMO before it hits maintenance mode in the next couple years.

3 Likes

I have three dragon names saved, I am prepared

7 Likes

I give you dragon boobs from 2004!!!
(these are not FULL dragons and can change to humans, and you would know this if you did the ONY chain)

6 Likes

I didn’t plan on playing a drakthyr but I might have to make some exceptions for a Amazonian drakthyr….

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: good one lol. Dragons, or in this case, half-dragons are naturally strong by default. They should have more muscular arms(the males anyway).

Want to join me to form Azeroth’s version of the Indigo-Gos?

WOW :astonished:

Nice, very nice!

Everyone needs to apologize to Blizzard because this looks fantastic. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

So now we have actual dragon transformations in lore with boobs being kept in process…hmmmmmm I smell lawsuit reasons we didn’t get female boobs on dracthyr.

1 Like

Actually glad they didn’t go the classic “oh this one is female give it boobs” route, but in general both male/female do look goofy for being dragons… Then again I guess I shouldn’t be surprised if they’re supposed to be based off Maloriak cause he was ugly to begin with.

It just bites that we finally get Dragons and there are some extremely cool ones, but Blizzard decides to give us the “Budget Dragon at Home” instead.

[EDIT]: Guess it’s just like Venthyr, the one time we get something Vampire related it’s also ugly.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like you can make a female dragon look feminine enough.

1 Like

They still look a bit goofy but the body options are cool.

Congratulations for proving my point and that one does not read at the same time, by posting a picture of the race I specifically gave as an example of a dragonoid race that does not change, hence is a different creature then dracthyr who assume a humanoid form like dragons do, and dragons in dragon form do not have breasts.

3 Likes

I know what you’re getting at, and no, reptiles don’t have those.

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry, it’s not. I think we can mog shoulders, tabard, and belt? See, all good. No one ever wants to mog more than those three slots. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Lol your the dumb one as is LITERALLY POINTED TO THE QUEST CHAIN THAT SHOWS YOU THEY CAN TRANSFORM INTO HUMANS

(male variants are the stormwind soldiers)

are you saying female dragons are can’t be as good as male dragons and are to weak to transform into humans?

The fact that these aren’t getting tank and melee DPS specs is big sadge. That Black Dragon looks so fierce.

The most iconic weapon for Dragonkin in WoW is the two-handed polearm. And yet you can’t play a Strength or Agi Dragonkin.

6 Likes

That’s the only reason I’m not playing. I don’t like how they look either but I exclusively play tank.

I think that’s prolly because every class they have ever released has has tank and melee specs. Basically trying to offer some variety. Only annoyance is that they can’t be other classes, really. That would have cleared up the people wanting to play Dracthyr but wanting to play something other than a caster or healer.

What do you want added to make them look more feminine?

4 Likes