Dragonflight "Pathfinder" issue

Pathfinder has always come with a mount so I’m curious what this one will be.

1 Like

I’m betting that you’ll see more people in the caverns for a bit getting rep at least. My highest loam rep was 5 before today, so I’ve been down there hitting everything that will give rep. I barely even had enough centaur rep and I imagine I’m not the only one with low reps this late in the expansion. Rep gating has been and always will be stupid.

4 Likes

Maybe you can help your friend out. You can Dragon ride and they can hitch along as a dragon whelp. You can add this two-seater capability at the dragon raiding hub in Waking Shores (maybe elsewhere).

1 Like

The rep gating is stupid. I’ve avoided world content since I hate dragonriding, so the only rep I have high enough is Valdrakken Accord. Ugh. I really don’t want to grind these out using dragonriding. I planned to do those achievements once I had normal flying. :frowning:

5 Likes

Someone incapable of short term dragonriding would be capable of flying?

Just thinking of going up or down a cliff.

You can avoid dragonriding and take an extremely long time to reach the same goal for most tasks.

Which task can you not do without dragonriding? (I think there are intro quests that very start, but beyond that?)

This one.

And maybe form a community raid! Squash those quests instantly woo!
I’d totally join to help swarm the things 'n help someone out.
:beverage_box: :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Please pardon me if I missed it, but has there been an announcement anywhere of what the specific Pathfinder requirements will be?

Last I saw the blue poster didn’t have that information as yet.

1 Like

Officially no.
Unofficially yes but kinda as could be changed

1 Like

I just found that article in the other thread. It looks like I may already have all that covered but I guess we’ll see.

I mean, dragonriding in the world isn’t exactly a twitch-reaction thing. If you want to do the races, that is a different story.

But point your camera/self upwards, push the button for whatever that lift talent is until you’re out of vigor. Point yourself where you want to go. The end. You may end up landing and having to do it again, or you just…push the button every now and then to keep gliding at altitude.

If you can’t push/click a button a few times, how are you doing anything in the game really? That’s not meant as an insult or anything, I’m genuinely confused. Because dragonriding in and of itself in the open world is…not strenuous at all. Fighting any NPC would be worse.

2 Likes

As ive said at least one other time in this thread, just because something is trivial easy for you, so super duper crazy silly easy that you cannot fathom it being hard for anyone else, doesn’t mean it’s not.

There are people who can’t walk. For someone like you (just gonna assume since most peopel can walk that you can) walking is not second nature, it’s first nature. How can people just not walk? Just stand up and walk, its easy. Yet some people literally can’t.

Why is this being treated any different? Why are people incredulous about the validity of poor motor skills and bad hand mobility? This is starting to really confound me with how many people seem to just not get this.

7 Likes

How would normal flying fix the issues involved for people who can’t dragon ride?

You press space bar, character moves upwards (is true in both cases.)

Sure, people might not have reflexes to look at the map to decide where to go, but that’s separate from dragonriding.

Is the speed too fast? that’s the only thing that comes to mind.

I don’t know. I know my friend has played since day 1 vanilla, and over the years developed his RA. He’s never complained about flying in the years ive known him, and quit dragonflight within weeks because of dragonriding specifically.

3 Likes

Okay, maybe your friend can articulate a complaint and see if there are easy accommodation options.

How’s it any different vs previous expacs where you simply CANNOT fly? (Sure other people get stuff done faster.)

But for you personally?

There’s maybe some mandatory dragonriding required quests that can be looked at.

It’s pretty simple dragonriding was free so why ain’t normal flying. Thanks ion for gating normal flight again and then requiring more instead of just giving it like dragonriding.

5 Likes

Dragonriding was not “free.” You had to do quests to unlock it.

I actually very much agree.

Unless the catch up system is going to be like really, really easy in that regard.
I mean, I’ve totally ignored the Walrus people just because I’m not interested in them. I forget what my reknown with them is, but I don’t think it’s 10 and I’ve been playing the whole patch.

But I’m sure I have time to reach whatever it is I need to reach with them.

Someone new has to start from scratch and that’s just opposite of what we’re trying to do here. Most companies like to retain it’s base but also want new players to stay. And that’s a lot of factions to balance out for one patch.

This is the expac that they need to make an exception to that stupid stipulation that they insist upon.

We did the DR stuff to fly here: we know HOW to fly here. This is just flying slower.

2 Likes

Has your friend had any luck with the controller functionality? It may be easier to swap to a controller.

I started baldur’s gate late, why am I not at act 3?

Almost like, you need to play games to get stuff?

Really, Pathfinder should give you full speed flying.

But for some coins for bringing enough murloc cheeks to a vendor, you can get creep-a-long flying speeds.