Dragonflight "Pathfinder" issue

this sounds weird but it’s true. there are probably tens of thousands of people out there who would not pay $15 a month to stand around in valdrakken, but would pay $15 a month to hover in valdrakken!

3 Likes

can confirm the tartarus has been amazing. Have bad motor skills from a head injury and it helps a ton.

Like I told another person I use a different type of controller but similar.

They help keep your keys concentrated into a smaller area and it is mostly just a matter of moving your fingers .

Been using my controller since Cata and I love it .

I can agree with you on this my Mother who is into wow the dragon riding is hard on her as she has Rheumatoid Arthritis both her wrists and fingers are deformed and twisted in a way it’s hard for here most the time it’d be nice if they just give regular flying since we are so far into the expansion with a gold price on it.

1 Like

Looked up the requirements. All but one are fine. The one that requires the reps to be 15.
Looks like I’m sticking to dragon riding. I don’t have time to grind out reps on hunts or other events I have to sit around waiting for. This is why I don’t like the rep system cause I have to do it at their pace, not my own. This part stops the natural progression in the pathfinder.

1 Like

Until it happens to you, bet then, you would be on the forums as well, asking for help. What if a player only had one hand, the other hand useless, would you tell them to find another game?

4 Likes

Yep, and then the company wonders why players leave the game.

9 Likes

Yea. I liked it when I could do a lot solo if I couldn’t get my friend to join me. With a lot of stuff to get renowned up I require being in a group otherwise I’m fighting elites myself. It also wouldn’t have been a problem later on but they buffed all the health of creatures to be on par with the higher gear.

Sounds like it. Even as someone who can handle DR just fine (though I find it a tad jank and have mostly settled for just using it to get to and from quest spots quickly) the overt ableism is palpable here - and honestly in MMOs in general. I’m sometimes not even sure dedicated PvP games have as many folks that are that mean spirited (especially as a proportion of the playerbase).

The online aspect probably isn’t helping either. These are the moments when in former days the less abled person would ask for their friend/sibling/kid to come over and do it for them, and decent human beings were only too happy to oblige. Do the equivalent online though? Nah that’s “account sharing” and the publisher will even jump in on the mean side of things by banning the person (usually perma, too, and often with loss of some or all of the publisher’s other games).

How is this spirit so acceptable these days?

I mean at least it’s not as bad as FFXIV where button banging mechanics nearly forced at least one person I know out of the game altogether… and she’s no slouch either, actually quite a skilled raider. But had one or two quicktime events been just a little tougher, she might have had to quit just due to that she’d be MSQ locked :frowning: … Still, it’s a bad vibe all around, and one everyone - publishers and players - really should be trying to eliminate.

1 Like

What’s even the point of requiring a huge unlock for something we can already do? We can already fly, why another round of garbage “pathfinder” again?

This is how I always view Blizz HQ.

2 Likes

Because Blizzard wants everyone to complete the things listed in Pathfinder. So the carrot on the stick is that you will be able to use your old school flying mounts as a reward if you complete it. Its really simple.

1 Like

If you can’t press spacebar, you can’t play WoW. If you can’t dragonride, something that requires you to press 1 ability, how can you possibly play a spec or class with 10+ abilities? Easymode flappybird ruins the day for another noob, I guess.

The narcissists basically advertise themselves dont they? If a situation isnt in their orbit they believe it isnt valid.

7 Likes

With all due respect, there should be no need to include Pathfinder at all at this point. A flight option was given at the start of the expansion without any PF requirement. And many of the achievement requirements have little or nothing to do with a method of flight we have known since TBC. Why not simply activate it at the time, or if you need to include something, have it be the exploration components, which are logically reasonable.

The rest (especially the new racial Renown) is merely time usage, with no logic behind it. Do those of us who have difficulties with, or a dislike of, dragonriding a favour.

6 Likes

Bind skyward ascent to back arrow, navigate with arrow keys. Just fine. Sure not “optimal” but functional.

Or WASD as some people use.

Dragon ride, able to get places.

Just tried it, works decent enough.

Because Kneeshooter it seems they want to punish players that voiced about this dragon flying and wanting normal flying instead and it upset them…so they are getting back us disabled players …medical issue players that have issues with dragon flying…we getting bopped on the nose for being bad.

2 Likes

Are you talking about arthritis or Parkinson disease?
Unless it’s painful for them to hold down the right mouse button continually then they shouldn’t have a problem steering if they’re moving their arm.

I really do keep finding myself continuously surprised at how many people can simply believe “Just do X, its super easy!”

If you can’t understand how dragonriding can be difficult for some people - ok. You are not meant to understand everything in the world, and its fine if this is one of those things.

5 Likes

Why do you listen to people with accessibility issues, who tell you a very simple solution, and cover your ears, go “NA NA NA, CAN’T HEAR YOU” and tell us you’re developing a “solution” that isn’t an actual solution?

3 Likes

Hello, I see you replied to the thread. Haha, this is true! Pathfinder shouldn’t even be a thing anymore in a world where dragon flying exists, it makes zero sense, haha!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

1 Like