Dragonflight "Pathfinder" issue

Never tried one for gaming is it really better?

It’s a prefference thing .

All your turns are with your thumb as well as pushing one button and moving the ball to change your camera angle.

It stays stationary so you don’t have move the mouses position to make turns .

I originally used a logitech one for years until they stopped making the corded ones. Then I wnt to the Naga until I found the one I use now .

1 Like

While I am on the side of those that have issues with Dragonriding, for every expansion that we have had pathfinder (or in this case a very high chance of it), it seems like the ones complaining about it keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Those that quit till flight is in shoot themselves in the foot because, instead of doing the parts we likely know would be in pathfinder (story, rep and exploration) and knock those out before quitting, they just up and quit. There were ways to get around some of the issues with DR, like the tagalong set up and the fact that most areas, and likely all that would be required for PF, could be reached by FPs, land, gliding from a high perch and minimal DR (like needing to mount your drake and hit ascend a few times).

Maybe what should have happened is those with limitations can check a handicap box which opens options that they can choose based on their own handicap, like hand issues? allow tapping say the forward movement key for surge while in the air on a DR mount, double tap for the whirling surge, etc. More or less turn the way you move on foot to how your DR mount is controlled

Currently it looks like just the main lines, but be carful not to monkey paw or jinx it.

1 Like

I have all the Renown except Loamm Niffen which is currently at 12. Not sure about side quest it just says “Finish all Dragonflight main storylines” which I’ve already done.

2 Likes

They release normal flight and dragonriding at the same time with no Pathfinder and only one obvious restriction being you couldn’t collect dragonriding glyphs on a non dragonriding mount.

4 Likes

My two older sisters (48 and 54) both laughed at me when I sent a group text to the family that my partner and I have Covid last week.

“Lol congrats :balloon: it’s 2023, no one cares.”
“Sooo you got the media hyped version of the flu, grats.”

Meanwhile, I’ve never been sick like this in my 42 years alive. Just because they experienced Covid as nothing more than three sneezes and a fart, they assume everyone else has the same reaction.

That’s what I see in these responses. People who are so self centered that they’re unable to understand someone else’s reality with compassion and empathy.

9 Likes

As long as players find ways to try to skip or not to do content, Blizzard will find ways to try to try to get or encourage players to do it. And I have no issues with that. Players still have the choice at the end of the day if the desired reward is worth the effort to do the task that Blizzard has put in place to accomplish it.

2 Likes

It is more likely that they just remove normal flight altogether, more so now with DR, if people don’t do PF. Does no one think that the only way to get normal flight included is to keep jumping through Blizzard’s hoops to the point the realize that the love of normal flight is enough to get people to jump through their hoops?

Keep in mind, I am all for DR and Normal flight to be unlocked at the same time in future expansions, but I also know Blizzard will try and put roadblocks in so they can find reason to just cut normal flight and the only way to prevent that is to prove to them that we will just overcome those blocks.

Not paying attention I see.

2 Likes

Oh there has been threads and threads about physical issues many players have with Dragon Flying…since day 1 of it going live…

7 Likes

I can’t believe they’re still doing pathfinder. You’d think that by classic wrath they’d learn that the square peg doesn’t fit.

2 Likes

I see this requirements to do Pathfinder as a punishment to those of us that have medical issues with Dragon Flying…its like they want to push us out of the game by making things harder and harder to achieve.

5 Likes

I see it as more a punishment to those that don’t want to do content and the ones with medical issues are caught in the spread/crossfire.

2 Likes

Figuring this out now, at this stage in the expansion, is something you all need to improve. Many people that play WoW have different challenges with their capabilities. I like dragon riding, but you need to consider a more inclusive approach for these features.

I hope you do right by the folks unable to enjoy dragon riding.

6 Likes

More like a lot.

1 Like

Some people will simply never be able to use Dragonflying. Accessibility features locked behind rep is top level Blizzard trolling, some Martin Shrekli style sh-

Pathfinder is an insult to this expansion. I’m not sure if you’re being deliberately ablelist, but right now it looks like you guys learned nothing from “the reckoning” even after all the lovely PR speak.

Get it together.

9 Likes

How about release flying like you did in Korthia? Why are devs so stingy about normal flying? Tone deaf is an understatement. Some people LITERALLY cannot use DF at all no matter the settings.

2 Likes

im sorry, but it doesnt make it virtually impossible to do. running around on the ground uses the exact same mobility mechanics. if they can play the game, they can dragonride. now if you wanted to say motion sickness or something, then ok i guess but they supposedly fixed that a while ago. you cant convince me someone cant press 1 or 2 every 5s to fly, but they can press skills to kill things.

1 Like

It is really disheartening when Blizzard insists on something unnecessary like Pathfinder for normal flying in DF, and when somebody calls them on it, a bunch of people respond by effectively saying “stop complaining and just do it.”

I’m not even playing DF right now. I like to level using Chromie Time. I never bought DF and I never intend to. But if I did not like putzing around in old content, I would just make the easy decision to quit. I have learned through the years that the developers can often be very stubborn about their decisions, and they also seem to want to exert control so that players play the game “the way they are supposed to”. My sub will run out in a few months and then I am done for good.

4 Likes

In past expansions where we didn’t start with any kind of flight method, I can see them using Pathfinder to extend some metrics, but for DF it just seems to me, to be petty and redundant.

But, I already pretty much have all the reps except for the new one that will come out, so, it is what it is.

1 Like