Dragonflight: Legacies, Chapter 3

We see the whispers on the shadows crawling across the pillars and then there is presumably a time jump of sorts.

I saw the vid less as a switch and more of a there was a slow erosion and then he was forced into a corner that made him hit the red button.

His primary goal was earth warden and he was the general of the dragon armies. If the primalists killed him/his battalions then who would be left to stand against them? The rest of the flights didn’t have the tools to do so in his eyes. So he went straight to nukes to win the war.

In a following moment of clarity he locks up the drakthyr that he clearly can’t even control now, and probably goes off about his business before fully succumbing later during the creation of the dragon soul.

We knew he was corrupted. Showing that corruption at its beginning and its first manifestation isn’t really a retcon to me?

5 Likes

no he froze them so that they wouldnt tell the other dragons that neltharion is corrupted

3 Likes

There is no retcon tho…?

He had been hearing whispers for a long time and this was just the turning point.

The question is, how is razagath so strong and where were the other aspects?

4 Likes

He could have frozen them until he could find the means to repair his gauntlet too.

3 Likes

yeah and instead he went to fume in neltharions lair in the broken isles for 10,000 years

From what I understand, he froze them because he didn’t want to destroy his creations. I know that he fully embrace the void and used it to save the dragons even though he fell to corruption but he didn’t have a heart to destroy the dracthyr he made so, he simply froze them.

The part in the cinematic (5:30) where Ember-whateverhernameis looks up and says, “my story will be my own” is clearly S.D. inserting himself into this steaming pile.

if SL wasn’t enough indication for how little he respects the previous lore, I dont know what is.

But copium for WOW addicts is one helluva drug.

4 Likes

I guess we will have to see. Using void magic does not mean he was immediately corrupted. That could have been the start.

Moreover, he could still have been corrupted, hearing the old gods’ whispers more and more each day until he succumbs at thia point

I think it is clearly stated that they influenced, but not controlled.

Garrosh says that he would do everything again, while Sylvanas has that cinematic in which she accepts what she has done

A lot of folks were on big cope that it was Afrasabi who wrote Shadowlands, even though it was obvious who was behind it. Now there is no excuse.

3 Likes

The guy is in interviews outright ADMITING he wants to break away with old lore, and “do his own thing”

And the people addicted to the original game, DEFEND this … not understanding, he doesn’t respect the very thing they’re addicted to.

It’s a travesty.

4 Likes

Old gods play a part in Nozdormu’s corruption so I see no reason why they wouldn’t be involved with Neltharion. It’d make absolute sense that if they are trying to take over and control Azeroth that they’d try to take over it’s protectors.

1 Like

I enjoyed the part where Neltharion went Super Saiyan 6.

1 Like

I love these legacies videos and I do hope there are more in the near future and also I love the revelation of how neltharion got corrupted in the first place and how the dracthyr came to be.

3 Likes

Wait, how does he have a human form? Has the Curse of Flesh even happened yet?

2 Likes

Can you guys find more voice actors please? I’m tired of that one lady being everyone and everything.

steve was a part of like 5 failed games. how he got a job at blizz is mind boggling

and his work is still hyping some people lol

he thought got season 8 was brilliant. that instantly made anything he writes and thinks of lore void. chris is missed

4 Likes

Interesting that he forgot about them though. The dragon soul/demon soul seems like it would have been the perfect replacement artifact.