Dragonflight: Legacies, Chapter 3

I suspect repairing that gauntlet will be be getting our new class an orange weapon.

4 Likes

Sounds like Blizzard didn’t want people to feel bad about killing someone with mental health issues so they made him a bad guy, lol.

Reading War of the Ancients now and he was driven to extreme paranoia by the Old Gods. In no way is he seeking power but he believes the others are seeking power and he has to stop them. Definitely sounds like a Retcon if he “chose” the Old Gods in the new vid.

2 Likes

Say sike!

Dragonflight refunded.

the dawn of the aspects book remember the titan artifact that gave memmories remember at the end we were told that it was broken hence why the in and out of flashbacks alot. not to mention it was probly made by tyr and alot of things were probly taken.

Off the wall speculation here, but maybe that glove could be the Evoker Artifact, complete with a swathe of different models? An Orc can dream.

1 Like

Well, the primalists were just about to kill him and his entire Drac’thyr army. As it’s said in the video he turned to use the void in desperation.

1 Like

For the Greater Good

1 Like

I hate what Danuser is doing to the lore.

3 Likes

STOP RETCONNING THE PAST

I get you wanna go off and do your own thing, but come on man. This is getting ridiculous …

2 Likes

I… I thought that was the thing all along?

That wasn’t the case?

1 Like

I like this, this changes the perspective we had on Neltharion from a bloodlust betrayer to a martyr who sacrificed everything to stop the Primalists

5 Likes

It’s not really a retcon if you’re just adding up to the old lore, they’re just showing the context on how he was corrupted

6 Likes

Illidan has entered the chat.

7 Likes

we only know of the Whispers.
But in this Cinematic he chose voluntary to receive the Void powers

Earlier lore was just that he was a big old dragon that the old gods kept whispering to until at some point he broke. We don’t know of when or why exactly, but these legacy videos don’t retcon the whispers as it’s literally mentioned in an earlier one. This one just shows when he actually turns/accepts the void.

6 Likes

Ah got you

Why is Deathchin wearing the Infinity Gauntlet?

2 Likes

So basically that was Nelfarian’s Azshara moment? A bargain in a desperate situation, then locking away his dracthyr to save them from being naga-fied?

4 Likes
Speculation on my part

He’ll be rehabilitated they’ve already sown those seeds with the Odyn passage about writing out the old gods and making it seem like Order is responsible for everything. It’s highly plausible that he learned the whole truth from the old gods and made a choice.

Yet more speculation on my part

My guess is they told him there were spies that would sabotage his work if he trusted them. But remember that officially chronicles and the rest of the lore we have thus far is how it’s told by the titans. So it may not be a retcon so much a filling in missing details. I wouldn’t jump on the retcon bandwagon just yet. Don’t forget they did exactly this to Sargeras too. Also Dreadlords… because those are everywhere, so wouldn’t be surprised if they are part of that paranoia.

Thing is, he was already being corrupted with all those whispers. It was more like:

You can resist all you want, but Razageth will win and we will have you… Or join us now, and punish that obnoxious protodrake. Your choice, Neltharion.

7 Likes