Dragonflight is the worst expansion I've ever played

New hobby time my friend.

You’re playing a game you haven’t enjoyed in over a decade.

On to greener pastures.

1 Like

So if you’re a PvE player all you have is “start over again”?

6 Likes

If you can’t understand the appeal of PvE, us explaining it to you will do nothing.

It’s appealing for players clearly.

1 Like

Well, whos fault is it you don’t wanna do the other content that is available? You can also mount and transmog farm. The content is there, you don’t get to complain about lack of content if you aren’t willing to do all of it.

1 Like

Again, the only two options are mythic+ or raiding. Not exactly a variety.

13 Likes

Again, you are gimping yourself… there is other content, you just refuse to do it. You are the only problem here.

Plus looking at you, you have no raids done or M+

2 Likes

Eh, PvP is also there, although the only new PvP content added has been Solo Shuffle (…which not everyone cares about)

No new battleground after 5+ years (literally) means this is probably going to be another “content drought” expansion if you dabble in PvP a decent amount

4 Likes

Agree to disagree. I think it’s better than the last several expansions so far. I’m having more fun than I have in years.

5 Likes

Since you clearly didn’t read my previous posts, I cancelled my subscription. So how about reading a little before posting.

For me. WoD was total boring trash. Legion was mediocre. BFA was trash. SL was worse than trash. DF is the first content that Ive overly enjoyed since Mists.

1 Like

+1
I just wish I hadnt burned myself out playing 14 hours a day running four characters on Beta, lol.
I do this to myself from time to time. Just play way too much and have to take a break.

3 Likes

Clearly you haven’t read my replies either. I was out of the game for 9.5 years.

1 Like

and thats the point some of us keep overlooking.
this isnt all of the content yet.
And this game wasnt designed to replace a human beings life. Its a game. Its meant to sit down and play a few hours here and there.
Although I wish theyd put the daily stuff back in. I never did it all, but it was nice seeing it there in case I was in the mood.

1 Like

Your problem is effectively solved by unsubbing, playing something else, and coming back in roughly 1.5 years.

2 Likes

Holy crap. This must feel like and entirely different game for you. thats quite a break.
I get it if its just not your bag anymore.
Cata content is really good. I like it.
I mean personally DF has a feel of the old world far more than the last list of expansions.
I love Mists to its core, but it does kinda leave the norms of Tolkien-esque fantasy that I love.
The game changed quite a lot thru those years. WoD nearly made me quit playing entirely when I got to the content. Had it not been for liking Legion a bit, I dont think Id have lasted.
DF for me is a breath of fresh air

1 Like

Don’t do that. There will probably be a free offer toward the end of the expansion, or in the next one.

I had great fun in wod, but I only did PvP and skipped the rest.

In my opinion, a successful expansion is one that results in player growth, not a dramatic loss of players followed by good retention of the much smaller number who bought it. That can’t happen, because so many players looked at what was coming and decided not to buy it.

6 Likes

The Best part of Dragon Flight is the Dragon Flights like Dragon Riding. very fun to flutter about aimlessly or to zoom across the map in blazing speed.

Evoker is… fine. it might rank the lowest on a “best to worst hero class” scale but its like saying Monk is the worst of the 5 tanks. oh right. Bear exists… and im a bear,
point is. its not as far off from other hero classes as Bear is from other tanks. Bear has a larger gap in comparison. and even that isn’t “bad” its just less than ideal.

Evoker is fine through put wise though so lots of people want them.

And the best part is the unique races. Bliz should add MORE races to further bolster its unique standing among MMO RPGs that have unique races. WoW seems to have the most playable unique races that are not all “human but with X” though it does have a fair amount of those too.

RSS needs work.
Game Crashing for you but not others is not the Fault of Dragon Flight. its on your end.
the quests are fine. the zones are fine. M+ is fine. (but some of the affix combos are counter intuitive) The raid is fine.

its Alt friendly because you dont need to grind out 4 weeks worth of content before you can finally play the character. you just level to 70. throw on some gear and your are off to the races.

there isnt much “maintaining” a main needs. just do 8 M+ dungeons for pve stuff. poke around the raid if you care about any of the loot in there. else ignore it.
ignore both of those if all you care about is pvp.

level professions to a point but you dont need to focus on it if you already maxed out the specializations you care about. the rest can casually fill up over time.

the Talent Tree system is a lot of fun. only real complaint is choice nodes existing that have competing talents instead of the same talent but with different modifiers.

there is plenty to have enjoyed in every expansion.
MoP zones were fun.
WoD Lego Ring was nice. and it gave us Pepe. and Balance Druid was fun.
Legion World pvp zones were fun. the dungeons were interesting, Mage tower and other cosmetics made the game better. the Raids were good, though some of the bosses were and still are annoying to deal with. U.U/
BFA corruptions were fun once we could play with them via the vendor. and Wpvp was also fun. servant of N’zoth quests were also fun. who doesnt enjoying going hostile to allies every now and then and the pvp assaults’ were a nice addition, along with zone barrowed power systems. stacking mutiple buffs to one shot someone from stealth. 10/10 good game design :smirk:, without being too over powered given the limited use in world pvp. :dracthyr_a1:
Shadowlands rated BG pvp was fun… granted i am a Guardian Druid so… other tank focused players might not feel the same way.

but in any case. unless you are specifically trying to get certain achievements or rating unlocks, you can take Dragonflight casually, stop and enjoy the scenery. listen to a dragon dwarf tell their tale. or level alts, collect xmog. talk to a plant… or anything else.

Different interests can view the same thing in a different light.
which is what might make development of the game difficult.
What one person finds to be the greatest thing in the game is the worse thing to ever happen for another.

2 Likes

I think having to choose 4 unusable talents in a row to unlock the next usable one feels bad. You actually like that?

5 Likes

You sound like a ten-year-old.

Anyway, don’t let your rear end hit the door on the way out.

2 Likes

i would say, “granted, i dont use balance pathing on bear”
so i dont think ther is any “dead” talents :thinking:

in any case, i like they talent system for the ability to have different builds that all CAN work.

Im a DoC Support focused Bear. other Bears might be Laser Bears or Big Incarn Physical Damage Bears. or No incarn bears or Meme ToI DPS but still a tank.

that doesnt mean the talent system is perfect. and it has been getting reworks even going into 10.0.7 its not a finishing point. its still flexable enough to see reworks. its a complex system that can evolve from feed back.

ideally there would be no “dead” talents. but it may take some imagining to find a way to make that happen.

and maybe the way to do that is by adding passives in addition to the “dead” talents that CAN be useful for other specs.

maybe combine them with the passive bonuses the tree already has so the bloat can be reduced. or add new ones if the ratio of talents in each row is already well balanced with other classes.